• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Cage Powered Ghost Rider: SoV Box Office poll!

Sony's attitude to this has been telling... toss it out there and scrape as much money in as they can.

Domestically I'd say the movie is already finished... I wonder if overseas can help push a 3rd movie out of this franchise.

Not that I want one. Keep Nic Cage away from this character in future.

He actually did pretty good in the film in alot people's opinion, it was the script and the paper thin plot that was it's undoing.

^IMO the directors didnt help either, they should have gotten much better directors for this as these have just never been good IMO.

At 15% on RT is this the worst review CBM ever? Or does that honour still lie with Jonah Hex?

^IMO the directors didnt help either, they should have gotten much better directors for this as these have just never been good IMO.

At 15% on RT is this the worst review CBM ever? Or does that honour still lie with Jonah Hex?

No... I think that lies with both Catwoman and Elektra at 10%.

GR : SOV is 14 % right now but others managed to do worse than it (for now) :

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1077027-batman_and_robin/ = 13%

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/catwoman/ = 10%

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/elektra/ = 10%

It makes the first GR looking like a "good" comic book movie next to them IMO :

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/ghost_rider/ = 27%

Worldwide: $37,791,193

Well the movie may just about break even with its production budget if its lucky overseas. I assume the US takings will plummet this weekend.

It pulled in another $1m plus with yesterday totals.
Domestic is now $28m which brings its worldwide to $38.8m now

I'm hoping that Act of Valor is as bad as I'm hearing and that for action people opt for Ghost Rider: SOV. If it drops less than 65% I'd consider that a win since most movie sites are predicting a possible 70% drop.

It took in roughly $2.3 million Friday for a WW total of $42 million...Nothing to jump up and down about, but looks like it should make it's budget back.

I saw the movie again last night; the theater wasn't packed, but there was still quite the crowd.

Well, remember the studio only gets about half of that so it still has a ways to go. DVD sales FTW?

If it was mostly shot in Eastern Europe, yes....

But the budget is probably 75. Maybe it's now 57 with tax breaks and what not added in? I'll see this one on the base for 3 bucks. Or maybe in the theater in town. Dunno yet. Looks kinda cool.
okay maybe a tax break brung it down to 57mill still not gonna save it!

This is an example of why it's best to let the weekend shake out. The tone of the article reflecting the full weekend vs just Friday on GR:SOV is vastly different.

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance plummeted 59 percent to $9 million in its second weekend in theaters. That's a bit worse than the first Ghost Rider's 56 percent decline at the same point. Through 10 days, Spirit of Vengeance has earned $38 million, or less than half of Ghost Rider's $79 million

Frankly the writer, Ray Subers, uses contradicting terms in his own evaluation. Saying "plummeted" and "a bit worse" are vastly different descriptions. Especially when you place the numbers of 56% vs 59% there for all to see. GR:SOV held quite well in it's second weekend when compared to the first GR's second weekend. Meaning audience retention for the films is almost a wash.
A "plummet" would be if it fell off 65%+ and nearly dropped out of the top 10. With 4 new films opening wide to only lose 2 slots and drop to #6 is a good showing.
The new normal the last decade established was that frontloaded genre films see a 60-65% drop. GR:SOV managed to hold at just under that.

Note I don't pretend the film is suddenly going to have stellar legs mearly being objective, since apparently hyperbole is at play in it's reporting of the weekend, regarding how it's performed to date.

The first film scored just a bit over it's production budget had a satisfactory enough WW total to garner this sequel. The numbers are still in play, if roughly, for that scenario to possibly happen again. Depends on Sony's true expectations for the film and desire to retain the property in the end though.

this is still a turd i like how people try to sugar coat a bad movie!

Not everyone thinks it's as bad as people are making it out to be, I actually found it quite enjoyable.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=ghostrider2.htm

Ghost Rider did incredibly overseas and has now made the profit of 83 million dollars, thus getting over it's budget and easily going double the budget of 50-60ish million budget. :)

Comic book films need to do better domestically than overseas. Spiderman 3 has made the most money of any comic film overseas yet it is seen as a failure.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=ghostrider2.htm

Ghost Rider did incredibly overseas and has now made the profit of 83 million dollars, thus getting over it's budget and easily going double the budget of 50-60ish million budget. :)

It has to make a little over a double to warrant a sequel...at least thats how it worked for the first one. So if the budget was 60..it has to make 120. Domestically it has yet to make its budget.

Comic book films need to do better domestically than overseas. Spiderman 3 has made the most money of any comic film overseas yet it is seen as a failure.

It's only considered a failure in the comicbook community, it's not a failure critically and it's DEFINATELY not a failure financially.

People blow the flaws of Spider-man 3 waaay out of proportion... it's a decent film that made ALOT of money.

ALOT.

People blow the flaws of Spider-man 3 waaay out of proportion... it's a decent film that made ALOT of money.

ALOT.

Wayyyyy out of proportion, they do the same thing to Iron Man 2 just not as extreme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"