Venom The Carnage thread

The Infernal

Mky Mk
Reaction score
Carnage_unleashed003.jpg

No Carnage officially cast yet, but it seems certain he will at least be in the film.

I'll quote this from the other thread. He seems like a good candidate to me as far as looks go.

No not yet, I've seen a lot of articles claim that Riz Ahmed is rumoured to play Carnage but no one thinks it might be this guy?

MV5BNTFlNWVlMGUtZDU1Zi00YmIwLTkwMjktZTEwYTQ0MmQ3YWRjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTY0NTUxOQ@@._V1_UY317_CR14,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

scott-haze-james-franco.jpg

ScottHaze1.jpg

Hollywood Reporter broke the news that he was in talks to join Venom. Look at him in the pics I posted and tell me you don't see Kasady. Scott Haze is his name.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/venom-scott-haze-talks-join-tom-hardy-1049295

Thoughts?

At this point, I just want the confirmation, LOL!

It's likely Scott Haze.

Riz Ahmed is said to be a popular Marvel character who isn't Carnage. There is no way that anyone will convince me that he isn't JJ Jameson and he won't be reappearing in the 2019 Spider-Man film.

It's likely Scott Haze.

Riz Ahmed is said to be a popular Marvel character who isn't Carnage. There is no way that anyone will convince me that he isn't JJ Jameson and he won't be reappearing in the 2019 Spider-Man film.

This film isn't connected to the MCU though? Riz Ahmed as Jameson? Can't see it.

Other than Mysterio, Chameleon Scorpion, Kraven and Black Cat. Carnage is the only Spider-Man iconic villain not to appear in a live action film, so I'm interested to see what will he look like.

I'm hearing he's not popping up in this except as a tease at the end for a sequel. Is this true or an unsubstantiated rumor?

Well, if they get Carnage right then I'll be quite happy this project happened. What rating is the film?

The producers are waffling it seems, but if they come to their senses then hopefully R. I'm highly anticipating this project.

The producers are waffling it seems, but if they come to their senses then hopefully R. I'm highly anticipating this project.

How so? For some reason I get the same impression but can't put my finger on it.

How so? For some reason I get the same impression but can't put my finger on it.

I seem to remember R-rated talk right from the start, with people saying this type of thing could never happen in the MCU because, etc, etc. It was being framed as the one positive if it couldn't be connected to the larger Marvel universe.

Now that was likely never made *official*, but considering the character(s) involved now and potentially in the future, it's seems shortsighted not to make this an R-rated film because it would be a big feather in it's cap in terms of pushing the material's potential and from a PR standpoint. The PG-13 angle will just make the massive number of Sony cynics even more so and reinforce the idea that this is just a money grab.

If the studio can't see this then they truly are out of touch with reality.

Last edited:
I seem to remember R-rated talk right from the start, with people saying this type of thing could never happen in the MCU because, etc, etc. It was being framed as the one positive if it couldn't be connected to the larger Marvel universe.

Now that was likely never made *official*, but considering the character(s) involved now and potentially in the future, it's seems shortsighted not to make this an R-rated film because it would be a big feather in it's cap in terms of pushing the material's potential and from a PR standpoint. The PG-13 angle will just make the massive number of Sony cynics even more so and reinforce the idea that this is just a money grab.

If the studio can't see this then they truly are out of touch with reality.

I agree. The R-rated approach puts what otherwise is a side-character on a pedestal in a way a pg-13 film would not. A PG-13 film would only add to the chorus of fans unhappy Spiderman isn't appearing.

With that being said, I'm trying to place whether there are any sort of clear indicators that the R-rating could become a pg-13. The back/forth last summer between Pasqual and Fiege made it seem so but the small amount of marketing since says otherwise. My guess is they're making it R but not a hard R allowing them to backslide into PG-13 territory if can get added support from Marvel Studio for the project thinking it would generate more excitement from fans who may otherwise picket it for potentially not being part of MCU proper.

Last edited:
How big is the budget for this movie? If its substantially more than Deadpool or Logan then an R-rating is more risky.

Nothing official. My guess would be in the 75-100 m range.

[YT]epgOtwXV--c[/YT]

Here's a rumour as to how Carnage may be involved in the movie. I think most rumours have said he likely isn't a focus of the movie, so they could just be guessing. Either way take it with a pinch of salt.

I hope he is in the movie and not some tease near the end or after credits scene. If this movie flops then we never see Carnage.

That could be a blessing in disguise. After Spider-man 3 people were not keen to see Venom tackled again for a while (for a number of reasons). We're seeing the same thing with Green Goblin and other characters where they are afraid of the association with the previous version.

If Carnage is just an I'll judged teaser then it becomes less of a concern adapting him again. Not to mention that cramming him into a packed movie would probably mean that not just his arc suffers' but the whole movie does as well.

This flick's PG-13, right? What's even the point of a PG-13 Carnage?

If you can’t settle for a PG-13 Carnage then you might as well give up on ever seeing him in a Spider-Man movie.

I'd be just fine with never seeing Carnage in a Spidey film, yeah. He's just a ****ty B-grade Venom anyway, and is way out of the tone a Spiderman movie should have.

I'd be just fine with never seeing Carnage in a Spidey film, yeah. He's just a ****ty B-grade Venom anyway, and is way out of the tone a Spiderman movie should have.

But, this is not a Spider-Man movie, it's a VENOM movie. He is Venom's archenemy.

It's Harrelson supposed to be in this? Has that been confirmed?

If so, I hope it's him. Otherwise, I'd be fine with that Haze guy, but I'd much prefer a more high-profile actor as Cassidy/Carnage. There's just too many other great actors/options for the role out there

It's Harrelson supposed to be in this? Has that been confirmed?

If so, I hope it's him. Otherwise, I'd be fine with that Haze guy, but I'd much prefer a more high-profile actor as Cassidy/Carnage. There's just too many other great actors/options for the role out there

Back in december there were some reports that said he is in the film, others said he's in talks for a role. Sony didn't comment on those reports.

I hope he's in it. He is a superb actor and he'd definitely be a great choice for Kasady.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"