Infinity War The cast of Avengers 4 (SPOILERS)

MbJ

Avenger
Reaction score
So, by the end of the first movie, we lost a ton of heroes. As it stands, it looks like the only ones left standing are Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Bruce Banner, Black Widow, Clint Barton, War Machine, Okoye, Shuri and Rocket Raccoon. We'll be seeing Captain Marvel, Ant-Man and the Wasp as well, and given her fate was left ambiguous, Valkyrie is another possibility.

I can't help but think of this quote from the Russos. "We're focusing on that right now with Infinity War while we're breaking into those movies, is which characters can we pull to the forefront who potentially haven't had their own 'A' story arc to this point. I think you'll see that the supporting Avengers are going to become primary Avengers."

I'm excited by the prospect. We have a lot of characters who haven't gotten the most focus in these movies so far (like War Machine), so the possibility of them playing a bigger part in where things are at the beginning of Avengers 4 is very cool.

Last edited:
So, by the end of the first movie, we lost a ton of heroes. As it stands, it looks like the only ones left standing are Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Bruce Banner, Black Widow, Clint Barton, War Machine, Okoye, Shuri and Rocket Raccoon. We'll be seeing Captain Marvel, Ant-Man and the Wasp as well, and given her fate was left ambiguous, Valkyrie is another possibility.

I can't help but think of this quote from the Russos. "We're focusing on that right now with Infinity War while we're breaking into those movies, is which characters can we pull to the forefront who potentially haven't had their own 'A' story arc to this point. I think you'll see that the supporting Avengers are going to become primary Avengers."

I'm excited by the prospect. We have a lot of characters who haven't gotten the most focus in these movies so far (like War Machine), so the possibility of them playing a bigger part in where things are at the beginning of Avengers 4 is very cool.

This is something I'm still on the fence about. I actually like most of the secondary characters that have survived (Rocket's my favorite guardian and Okoye's probably the best thing in BP other than Killmonger) but if this is going to be the Avengers' sendoff movie (and some of them may not even survive and I mean that in a non-reversible way) I want them to be the focus.

I mean I really like IW, but Cap and Widow's screentime and importance is barebones, I want the original six to end their Infinity Stone arc with a bang. It's easy to get sidetracked when there's so many characters and while Thanos' snap has cut off some of the, for the lack of a better word, "fat" (Spidey, Strange, BP, Wanda, Vision...) there's still some newcomers that I feel will have at least part of the spolight in the sequel (CM and Ant-Man, primarily). Adding even more people will undoubtedly muddle the cast.

I'm most excited to see WM in A4. He def seems far more utilized effectively in the Avengers films than in Iron Man (despite having less screentime in Avengers).

Valkyrie, antman, Hawkeye assumably are still around

Regardless of what they say I can't see anyone but the originals and possibly antman taking center stage.

This is rdj and Evans sign off.

They'll be going out with the focus on those two I imagine.

The originals should have most of the movie. Ant-Man/Rudd possibly getting the "And" role I expect him to be a major part of them winning.

The people that were dusted should appear near the end of the movie but with a good amount of time left. I am hoping they mention where all these characters go. Black Panther in the Astral Plane, Dr.Strange wherever Ancient One went or Mephisto Realm or maybe someone snatched him up, Valhalla for any Asgardians or left over heroes, Hel, limbo, or trapped in the soul stone in some area.

The originals should have most of the movie. Ant-Man/Rudd possibly getting the "And" role I expect him to be a major part of them winning.

The people that were dusted should appear near the end of the movie but with a good amount of time left. I am hoping they mention where all these characters go. Black Panther in the Astral Plane, Dr.Strange wherever Ancient One went or Mephisto Realm or maybe someone snatched him up, Valhalla for any Asgardians or left over heroes, Hel, limbo, or trapped in the soul stone in some area.

^THIS.

I wanna know where they went and hopefully they don't just all show up in the last 30mins.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting, but I thought he was talking about Infinity War, where a lot of the original 2012 Avengers had smaller roles (or didn't appear at all, in Hawkeye's case), while supporting characters like Vision, Scarlet Witch and Gamora took up a lot of the plot.

It seems likely that they kept the 2012 Avengers around so next year's movie would focus primarily on them, plus a few characters necessary to provide exposition (Nebula, probably Wong), kid appeal (Rocket), and two solo stars who can be essential to the plot (Carol Danvers and Scott Lang). And I guess War Machine stays because everyone expected him to die in Part 1.

Whether any of the original 6 will actually be phased out after next year is another question and even if they did, who would believe it? But it seems likely that they will at least promote the movie by putting those 6 characters at the forefront and giving them their last hurrah as a team.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting, but I thought he was talking about Infinity War, where a lot of the original 2012 Avengers had smaller roles (or didn't appear at all, in Hawkeye's case), while supporting characters like Vision, Scarlet Witch and Gamora took up a lot of the plot.
The other part of that quote is "breaking into those movies" and Infinity War is Pt 1.

I think it's a great idea to keep the focus on the originals in part 2. If it's their swan song, they deserve it.

Adding Ant-Man and the Wasp as well as Captain Marvel too. Things should be interesting and I can't wait for the trailer to see where they're going with it.

Ant Man, Wasp and Carol joining whatever is left of the team yeah The Avengers will be in good hands

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"