THE CINEMA LOUNGE

4bb3cfad261b69e128cecab14456decbe5009f72.gif

I must admit that this bums me out. Pacino and Deniro are two of my favorite actors of all time. I also think of a time machine and taking some of their awful stuff and showing all that crap to young Pacino and Deniro. Like, imagine showing a young Deniro his performance in Dirty Grandpa and then you go down the list. As you're about to get back in the time machine,,,''Oh, by the way, you both will have another kid in your 80s and you both be in diapers.''

I must admit that this bums me out. Pacino and Deniro are two of my favorite actors of all time. I also think of a time machine and taking some of their awful stuff and showing all that crap to young Pacino and Deniro. Like, imagine showing a young Deniro his performance in Dirty Grandpa and then you go down the list. As you're about to get back in the time machine,,,''Oh, by the way, you both will have another kid in your 80s and you both be in diapers.''
comedian-watchmen.gif

I'm of two minds about it. On the one hand yeah it's embarrassing but on the other hand, guys like De Niro and Pacino have made their mark and won their accolades so why not do a couple of stupid paycheck comedies to pay for their infant children's college tuition?

This was floating around on Facebook:

cape-fear-tom-hardy-remake-726x1024.jpg

While I'm not surprised at how many gullible people there are who believed that this was real, I have to say that Tom Hardy as Max Cady isn't necessarily something that I'd hate to see either.

Woke up early had me a nice cigar and coffee pairing. For the one cigar aficionado on here, it was the new ''mil dias maduro' by crown heads. My neighbor was blasting Lynyrd Skynyrd's Simple Man. I'm assuming the other neighbors were annoyed by this, but it was a delightful moment for me.

I also finally hit play on 'American Fiction.'

Jeffrey Wright is simply great here! But the man is always great in every role I've seen him in thus far. A few cliche things with a certain character aside, this was one of the best films of the year. Tracee Ellis Ross does great with her screen time, she has always been an underrated actress who deserved better on the big screen to kepp it a buck.. I now prefer Wright's performance over Giamatti. They don't make a lot of these flicks for a black lead! I'm happy it was Wright.

8/10

Was watching Masters of the Air and it came to me.
Austin Butler, with lips like that, would be a perfect Alex Murphy/Robocop in the "reboot that never was".

I got one more movie before I make my top 10/rankings official.... and no I don't have time to wait for Wim Wenders to release his goddamn movie. :o

sleep-deprived-squidward.gif

I got one more movie before I make my top 10/rankings official.... and no I don't have time to wait for Wim Wenders to release his goddamn movie. :o

sleep-deprived-squidward.gif
I'm pretty much just waiting on The Zone of Interest before finalizing mine. I didn't originally set out to watch all of the 2023 Best Picture nominees but it just kind of happened.

I need to do Anatomy of a Fall soon and Poor Things when it comes out at home. Close to having done all the Best Picture nominees this year. I'm not doing Maestro though.

Jeez, I was too busy watching the Madame Web tomatometer to notice that the Bob Marley movie isn't getting good reviews either. Disappointing because I'm a big Marley fan but I'm still going to check it out eventually once it hits streaming. That thing in my avatar is really gonna have to save Hollywood in a couple of weeks, huh?

Jeez, I was too busy watching the Madame Web tomatometer to notice that the Bob Marley movie isn't getting good reviews either. Disappointing because I'm a big Marley fan but I'm still going to check it out eventually once it hits streaming. That thing in my avatar is really gonna have to save Hollywood in a couple of weeks, huh?

No kidding.

I didn't think the Marley trailers were very good, but it's still disappointing.

Sad to learn about low rated RT numbers about the Bob Marley movie as I'd love for that one to be good. But I've learned since quite some years now to hold back any enthusiasm about music artist biopics, since I've rarely been impressed. I tend to try finding decent documentaries instead.

Sad to learn about low rated RT numbers about the Bob Marley movie as I'd love for that one to be good. But I've learned since quite some years now to hold back any enthusiasm about music artist biopics, since I've rarely been impressed. I tend to try finding decent documentaries instead.

Which ones do you like? I love Rocketman. That one did everything right that Bohemian Rhapsody did wrong the year before. Haven't seen either in a while. La Vie en Rose is good too, Marion Cotillard is excellent as Édith Piaf.

The upcoming Amy Winehouse biopic looks mediocre based on the trailer, but I'd like to be surprised.

Which ones do you like? I love Rocketman. That one did everything right that Bohemian Rhapsody did wrong the year before. Haven't seen either in a while. La Vie en Rose is good too, Marion Cotillard is excellent as Édith Piaf.

The upcoming Amy Winehouse biopic looks mediocre based on the trailer, but I'd like to be surprised.
La Vie En Rose would probably be my favourite, Cotillard was unknown to me, but made me an instant fan. Other than that, I dunno. Rocket Man was good, but it felt kinda weird since Elton John is still alive and kicking. Maybe it's just me, but I feel that biopics "have" to be made some years after its objects passing.

Back in the days I used to enjoy The Rose, but would need to rewatch it since it's been decades now. Also that one might've been more losely based on Joplin (one of 27 Club too young members)? Off topic rant here, but I always recommend anyone to listen to the Leonard Cohen song Chelsea Hotel, wich is about his and Joplin's (quite short I guess) relationship.

"I remember you well in the Chelsea Hotel, you were famous, your heart was a legend. You told me again you preferred handsome men. But for me you would make an exception." Always loved those lines.

Anyhows, I agree on the Whinehouse film trailer, it made me sceptic. Since she passed so young (sadly ending up in the tragic 27 Club) and had such troubled life in the end, I'd love to watch a really good bio pic that makes her justice. But we'll see..

The Batman II was the only real cb flick I was looking forward too. That Fantastic 4 cast got me hyped. Vanessa Kirby can do no wrong! Also, Cillian Murphy would be my choice for DOOM. lawd.

Kirby and Pascal is very interesting casting indeed. Looking forward to the rest of the casting. Hopefully they stay at the same level.

I finished Mr. and Mrs. Smith show . So much damn fun. I hope we get a second season, but if not, this will do. Also! @Da-Scribe them wardrobe changes on Glover are fire. Had to look up a few but them price tags are in a different bracket. I did almost hit pay on the peacoat tho.

I finished Mr. and Mrs. Smith show . So much damn fun. I hope we get a second season, but if not, this will do. Also! @Da-Scribe them wardrobe changes on Glover are fire. Had to look up a few but them price tags are in a different bracket. I did almost hit pay on the peacoat tho.

I’ve been meaning to start this show. I’ll check it out this weekend. I’m looking to revamp my closet too so this works out perfectly for some inspiration.

The Zone of Interest

I was finally able to see it. This is a masterpiece.

Goddamn.

Also, Bald Nolan is damn lucky that this didn't have the same roll out/promo budget to compete. No way in hell do I give Nolan the best director Oscar after seeing this.

This is the best flick of 2023 and will go on to be considered a classic.

Just want to say Cold in July doesn't get the love it deserves. That sh** belongs right in there with the Drive's and The Guest's of the world.

And it's got a banger single.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"