THE CINEMA LOUNGE

RIP Freevee... we'll always remember you had one great show on it.

c24a543d5a70c68fd0f8926672a822badbfbb901.gif

7ea861759a5c4e6dfe249e91e8bb72e65deceb12.gif

b3cf672a0509f8fe251f0db36d6ccd450ce0648c.gif

5af50af70aad763435ec57895edc10fab87e46b2.gif

5bb63db379825d1f8c2b9b3b189a4f16440813f4.gif

Death Race 2000

So did this come out before that 'speed racer' animated show or vice versa? Too lazy to look it up at the moment. Car designs were fantastic. To do this on a budget is a hell of an accomplishment. David Carradine has always been a weird type of a leading man, it is no different here. Tis' not that he isn't trying, but he just has this breeze about him that sorta annoys me. Sylvester Stallone is great here as a bad guy! This made me crave more villains from him, which we never got after he made it, damn shame. This can't be a B Movie without the random nudity that we all know is coming, it also very much appreciated as Roger Corman had a great eye for talent. Basically the Hunger Games for a sleazy 70s America.
death_race_2000_poster_03.jpg

"I no longer would have to travel to locations. If I wanted to be in the snow in Colorado, it’s text. If I wanted to write a scene on the moon, it’s text, and this AI can generate it like nothing. If I wanted to have two people in the living room in the mountains, I don’t have to build a set in the mountains, I don’t have to put a set on my lot. I can sit in an office and do this with a computer, which is shocking to me."

Later, he also adds, "I just used AI in two films that are going to be announced soon. That kept me out of makeup for hours. In post and on set, I was able to use this AI technology to avoid ever having to sit through hours of aging makeup."

Perry in the interview does express worry about potential jobs lost and calls for a united front to protect workers who would be affected by the rise of AI. He also talks about having conflicted priorities, stating, "So I’ve got two sides here to this thing. For me, I’m looking at my business and the bottom line, but I’m also very concerned about all the people that I have trained and bought up in this industry."

So Tyler is choosing AI over people in his industry and I'm sure he wont be the last.

Dua Lipa out here making A24 movies for her music videos.

1708970697208.jpeg

This reminds me... I have a quick question for everyone especially @ComicChick, how do you guys store your movie collection?

For me I don't use the typical generic boxy bookshelf, I got the one from IRONCK that looks modern and rustic but it can't hold that many items without it looking overcrowded. I'm also using my tv console for storage and my closet for any overflow. I've thought about changing out my ottoman for one that can hold storage so I can put some of my lesser dvds/blurays in.

I have some shelves put up, I forgot tur name of them, but they hold 8 rows of films. Not the sturdiest unless bolted to the wall, but they work for the films I've watched and some collectables sets up top.

The rest, the ones I haven't watched yet, are in boxes. Too many in boxes. I have to stop buying movies (or get off my ass and watch the ones I have).

After I order Tank Girl and Masters of the Universe from Umbrella next week.

Found it.

Last edited:

As someone who's seen that ad at least 12 million times since the pandemic...

finally-tardy.gif

I'll be seeing Dune 2 in IMAX tomorrow at an AMC. If a new Kidman promo isn't attached to it I'm walking out in protest before the movie starts. :o

I always thought he dies at the end of the flick. But this is a pretty cool idea for a flick/books.

In 2019, Tarantino appeared on the podcast Happy Sad Confused, where he discussed Landa's fate after the events of the film. Tarantino stated that Landa is recognized as a hero in the US and history books for his involvement in ending WWII and helping kill Adolf Hitler, and that he subsequently settles on Nantucket Island, where he is roped in to solve a series of murders as an amateur master detective.

He should team up with Robert Duvall and make one last movie called "Old AF".

Professor and then professor emeritus of film studies at UW-Madison. This guy's books on film history and theory are required reading in many university programs. And in recent years, he seemed to be particularly interested in Christopher Nolan.

cover_nolan_v2.png

I have 4 of the 10 BP noise still to watch. I won't get to them all before the Oscar's, but I am gonna try to watch 1 or 2 more. Still haven't seen Anatomy of a Fall, Maestro, Past Lives, or The Zone of Interest. This week I watched American Fiction and just earlier I watched Poor Things. American Fiction I enjoyed. Thought it was hilarious and Jeffrey Wright was great in it. Poor Things....I can file that under I see the artistry and the performances, but the movie itself to watch.....Not my favorite experience. One of those I watched it once and likely never again type movies.

As of right now, Killers of the Flower Moon was probably my favorite of the BP noms I watched. Scorsese delivered a banger there.

I have 4 of the 10 BP noise still to watch. I won't get to them all before the Oscar's, but I am gonna try to watch 1 or 2 more. Still haven't seen Anatomy of a Fall, Maestro, Past Lives, or The Zone of Interest. This week I watched American Fiction and just earlier I watched Poor Things. American Fiction I enjoyed. Thought it was hilarious and Jeffrey Wright was great in it. Poor Things....I can file that under I see the artistry and the performances, but the movie itself to watch.....Not my favorite experience. One of those I watched it once and likely never again type movies.

As of right now, Killers of the Flower Moon was probably my favorite of the BP noms I watched. Scorsese delivered a banger there.
I'm planning to watch Past Lives tonight and then I'll have checked them all off the list! Out of the 9 I've seen so far, Maestro is easily my least favorite. Oppenheimer and Killers of the Flower Moon are neck and neck for the top spot.

Zac Efron had an almost deadly accident. Most of the damage done to his face. Even so, with all the reconstruction work done, his face looks kinda off, no pun intended, but he is still a handsome bastah. His performance in Iron Claw any other year would've gotten him some award noms for sure. The guy who played Ric Flair is awful tho. I also keep waiting for Lily James to take none wife/gf to the lead character roles, she deserves better. Eh.

8/10

Something that kinda annoys me now. It seems like every modern flick has a token black friend side character. I'm all for more representation, but these characters really are nothing but paper thin, only there to help the lead, which are usually white and I fear mostly cast to fill a checkbox. I literally saw three modern/recent flicks back to back and was waiting for the black friend to show up like Kramer, and they did! Only really there to tell the audience, see this guy or gal isn't racist etc.

@Da-Scribe knows what I mean. Eh.

Anyone bought the True Lies 4K? It seems Cameron removed the film grain so the movie looks "digital" now. :shrug:

For those in Canada, Wal-Mart apparently sells it for $25 ($10 less than other retailers).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"