The Classic Rock Thread

ShivNasty

Civilian
Reaction score
If there is already a thread for this I apologize, but I created this thread for classic rock discussion and appreciation. let the conversation commence!

Gonna see Thin Lizzy this summer. I'm thinking its gonna be fantastic!

(RIP Gary)

Yeah me too actually seeing as Queensryche have apparently pulled out of the High Voltage Festival. Ah well I'm flying up there for Black Country Communion, Judas Priest, Dream Theater and a couple of Prog bands anyway.

Speaking of Classic Rock just caught Uriah Heep in Melbourne last weekend. Wow they still got it. Russell Gilbrook's addition to the band in the drumming department really breathed new life into the classics. And man Mick Box is an unsung legend in every sense of the word. The distortion was out of this world. Very 'eavy Very 'umble indeed! :)

Saw Roger Waters play The Wall in November. One of the greatest moments in the history of existence.

the best concert I've ever been to was 5th row ZZ Top in 06, I wasn't expecting much seeing as how all three were in their sixties(at least I think so) but they sure proved me wrong. If you get the chance, go see that little band from texas while you still can... YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!

Thin Lizzy is the ****! I didn't know they were touring again, who is singing for them?
Some dude named Ricky Warwick whose been with "The Almighty" previously

[YT]wDkxja9keLw[/YT]

I'm too young to have experienced "the real" Thin Lizzy so to purist it mith be sacreligous to call the band by its name, but I'm happy just to here their songs live :)

consider me blastin "Vagabonds" during the baseball game tonight

Saw Roger Waters play The Wall in November. One of the greatest moments in the history of existence.
Yes, yes it was. One of, if not the best, live show I've ever seen. What a spectacle.

I think I would go again, even with those insane ticket prices.:up:

best "classic rock" concert I've ever been to was Fleetwood Mac

Queen (with Paul Rodgers) and Cheap Trick. That was awesome.

Then there was this Bruce Springsteen concert where it started raining. He sang CCR's 'Who'll Stop The Rain?'. The rain stopped. That lead me to 1 conclusion. Springsteen is God.

Queen (with Paul Rodgers) and Cheap Trick. That was awesome.

Then there was this Bruce Springsteen concert where it started raining. He sang CCR's 'Who'll Stop The Rain?'. The rain stopped. That lead me to 1 conclusion. Springsteen is God.
Did they play Mighty Wings from Top Gun?

Everyone should check out Michael Monroe's new album Sensory Overdrive as it's bloody amazing, heres the first single;

[YT]b0R68LBeQ3U[/YT]

I've going to see Rush in concert this Friday. I love classic rock, but I'm not too huge on Rush. My drummer's hero is Niel Peart and he wants me to see em live.

Man I wanna see Rush soooo bad!!! Hope they tour Downunder in the not too distant future! As for Thin Lizzy it just ain't the real Thin Lizzy now is it? I hear Vivian Campbell is in the band now too. Speaking of which I picked up the Gary Moore and Friends DVD Tribute to Phil Lynott a few weeks back. This also featured the other core Lizzy members in Eric Bell, Scott Gorham, Brian Robertson and Brian Downey. It was a fine tribute indeed. Started to cry seeing Gary and Eric up there playing Whiskey In The Jar. That soon made me realise how much I miss Gary! :(

Also a shame that I'll never get to see him perform ever! :(

Could you tell me what exactly is classic rock? I always thought it was like the 60s music.

Could you tell me what exactly is classic rock? I always thought it was like the 60s music.

Really depends on who you're talking to and today's date......it's all about perspective.....hell I heard my son call Kid Rock's Bawithiba a classic.....good thing he's too old to ground!

....and Boston's Self titled debut album is the epitome of Classic :).....I see my Mary Anne walking away......

Hehe.

I saw Rush in 07 for the day before my birthday. =) It was awesome experiance! I would go if ya can, and it's insane for what they can do for their age, and their musicianship. All 3 of them are pretty impressive when ya think about it, and yes, Neil Peart is awesome to see live.

I think of it as the 60's, 70' and part of the 80's. That's when all the great rock bands were around.

Really depends on who you're talking to and today's date......it's all about perspective.....hell I heard my son call Kid Rock's Bawithiba a classic.....good thing he's too old to ground!

....and Boston's Self titled debut album is the epitome of Classic :).....I see my Mary Anne walking away......

'More Than A Feeling' is my favourite rock song ever. I love it. :yay:

Love that Boston album. Peace of Mind is awesome. Don't Look Back is a fine album too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"