The Coming of Goliath

VictorShade

Civilian
Reaction score
It's so great that there's some Ant Man conformation now! Hank Pym deserves it! He's a LARGE part of the Avenger/Marvel mythos!
So we're getting our Ant Man, with that, we know Giant Man won't be to far down the road! Yellow Jacket is my fav Pym incarnation, and I feel will show eventually. So who gets lost in the mix, Goliath, that's who!
What do ya think folks? Should the Goliath persona be used at some point?
Should they save 'Goliath' for Bill Foster?

See, this is what I don't get. It seems simple enough that Wasp should be the shrinker, and Hank as Giant-Man should be the grow-er. When you have potentially three micro-people in the mix (Lang, Pym, Janet), it's like WTF-ville.

I think Hank should end up being the versatile one, being able to both shrink and grow along with performing various amazing feats of science. Jan would be the shrinker with her wings and stingers. Scott Lang would be another shrinker while Goliath and Atlas would just grow. Hank and Jan should be the Avengers while the others are just side characters in the CU. I think the change from Ant-Man to Giant Man to being able to do it all should be reflected in the movies though. I dont care to see to Yellow Jacket, its associated with Hank acting like a dick and I think you can demonstrate his guilt over creating Ultron in a different way.

Team Pym !

Antwaspjacket.jpg

Last edited:
I think Pym should be unstable mentally and have some serious problems, need medications. And his changes in superhero identities, from Ant Man to Giant Man to Yellow Jacket to Goliath, etc, should be a sign of his problems coming up. I think the switching identities is part of his character.
TTA44Shadow.jpg

93101-112474-hank-pym_super.jpg

I think Pym should be unstable mentally and have some serious problems, need medications. And his changes in superhero identities, from Ant Man to Giant Man to Yellow Jacket to Goliath, etc, should be a sign of his problems coming up. I think the switching identities is part of his character.
TTA44Shadow.jpg

93101-112474-hank-pym_super.jpg

I really hope none of this happens.

The "mental instability" thing is massively over-blown as it stands. Rather Hank be like the Hank in EMH; a scientist first and a superhero second who makes a terrible mistake, but ultimately makes up for it by being key in taking down Ultron.

I think Hank should just be played as the insecure sap with low self esteem not necessarily a nutjob.

I am not saying he should be portrayed as crazy, mental illness is a real thing that people have. Like Schizophrenia. I am saying that at first in the films (Avengers or Ant Man) he should seem OK, maybe a little unstable, but more or less fine. Then he starts getting worse, and then has a breakdown in which he creates Ultron and uses his own brain waves as a blue print, then he starts taking medication and gets better and back to feeling more normal. (But like someone mentioned, he starts creating Ultron way before his breakdown. But because he uses his brain patterns, and created Ultron, he blames himself for everything Ultron does.) But every so often his character can slip a little, and thats when he can maybe change his identity. Or he can get better and take medication, but still change his identity because he still has low self esteem.
I just think it makes an interesting character. He is a brilliant scientist, a great hero, a good man, but he has serious mental problems that he has to deal with at the same time. It makes him stand out from the other Marvel heroes, and it represents a portion of the audience that has mental issues and shows that there is nothing wrong with them and maybe can help people talk about it. but mostly it makes for an interesting character and film I think. I personally think it makes him more interesting than a simple scientist who made a mistake or an insecure sap.

Much similar to Stark's drinking problem, they could lighten up on his mental illness too. Not make it so intense, like a Beautiful Mind. Perhaps its shown and touched upon and is an issue and he does have a break down, but its not so dark and scary and intense and sad. But I do think he should have mental problems and show him deal with them.

why the hell are you guys talking about PYM so much in a GOLIATH thread?

^ Uhmmm,....maybe because HE WAS GOLIATH!!! Created the Goliath persona, done a fair job of 'heroing' as Goliath in the Avengers, before allowing others (Bill Foster, Hawkeye,..), to assume the persona while he took a break and then later moved into Yellow Jacket mode.
What were you reading?

MY bad, i skimmed the first post and assumed this was all about Bill.

Has there ever been an issue where Scott Langs Ant-Man and Bill Fosters Black Goliath teamed up?

What would be cool is Hank creating the Goliath persona, but eventually Eric Josten taking it as the villainous Goliath of the Masters of Evil/ Thunderbolts. I liked the battle between him and Iron Man (actually it happened twice in Iron Man Annual 7 and Iron Man #206).

If we get far enough down the road, I'm thinking trilogy plus 2 Avengers films, so 5 screen appearances, I think we might could see this scenario play out.

Pym=Yellowjacket
Janet=Wasp
Lang=Ant-Man
O'Grady=Giant Man or Goliath(essentially the same, only codename is the variable)

This way you have everybody involved and all the dominant Pym creations are at play in the MCU. I don't even care if you swapped Lang and O'Grady, might even make more sense if you did considering Lang's daughter was the grower.

Yeah, throw Bill Foster in there as Goliath, plz. Then you have a deal. Let O'Grady be Giant Man, though I think I would swap Lang and Grady's codenames there.

For an added bonus, let Clint Barton be Goliath too.

I want to see Pym shrink and grow like does in Avergers Earths Mightiest Heroes instead of just one or the other.

Also Pym should have the snarky cocky personality he has as Yellowjacket/Giant-Man/Goliath

tumblr_mb6xpki4bp1rpv4oto1_500.png

tumblr_mbjoinog0_E1qdv42bo1_500.png

tumblr_ma2hj4bg_GA1rz0qtlo1_500.jpg

I just want to say "The Coming of Goliath" should be the title of the film, it just sounds epic, awesome and bad-ass...

If i didn't know anything about comics, i doubt i would be real interested in "Ant-Man"

I want to see Pym shrink and grow like does in Avergers Earths Mightiest Heroes instead of just one or the other.

Also Pym should have the snarky cocky personality he has as Yellowjacket/Giant-Man/Goliath

tumblr_mb6xpki4bp1rpv4oto1_500.png

tumblr_mbjoinog0_E1qdv42bo1_500.png

tumblr_ma2hj4bg_GA1rz0qtlo1_500.jpg

That's an unfortunate comic panel. First there's that "Fapp" sound effect, followed by the dialogue "Touching? You want touching? I'll touch you!" :funny:

I just want to say "The Coming of Goliath" should be the title of the film, it just sounds epic, awesome and bad-ass...

If i didn't know anything about comics, i doubt i would be real interested in "Ant-Man"

Thank you, thank you. I agree lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"