Homecoming Green Goblin Costume Design

Personally I rather goblin outfit be on par like winter solider, cap materials is. Which we can say chest region has some armor plated areas for protection. Then we have the glider as his mode of travel. The only issue for me is how to do goblin head. As I don't want him mutating into a hulk rip like ultimate line. But I don't think just a "rubber mask" would cut it in the mcu. So maybe something akin to cap helmets that styled like goblin but only leaves open spot around eyes which in flight he can have visors over and mouth region open to talk.

That's why I said they should do a reverse Red Skull/Hugo Weaving mask like this:

keJOu.gif

In real life the actor would wear prosthetics to look like the Green Goblin in the same way Weaving wore prosthetics to look like Red Skull, but in the actual film Norman would just be wearing a mast of that kind and if they ever do a reveal of him taking his Globin mask to show that he's Norman, it would look just like in that gif.

Never knew Spidey fans were so against the idea of seeing a comic book accurate Green Goblin work in live action.

PhBuk0Z.jpg

vcHBBfc.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't seen anyone against that at all.

Some people just have different interpretations of what comic-accurate is.

Not against it, as long as they do it right.
Really? I know we all have different ideas of what comic book accurate is, but it seemed like you were pretty against a comic accurate GG in general.

They've continued to stray away from the source material for a reason, GG has always looked ****ing silly. That corny ass green and purple outfit will never not have a hard time translating to screen.

I'm perfectly fine with them giving us a non-comic accurate GG, for the most part, with some classic elements thrown in there.

Gimme the green and purple, the pointy hat, the rubber mask. That's what I wanna see. I don't wanna see the actors face or some static helmet.

I'm not worried with GG's costume for now.
Why? Well, because we probably won't see him suited up soon, but we'll probably see how Norman Osborn looks.

Technically we shouldn't be worried at all, because worrying will not change what it will look like.

But still.

Anyway, found this on the interwebs-- haven't formed an opinion on it yet.

Yeah, it's just a drawing, so what would that look like in real life?

there is absolutely nothing wrong with having a goblin who looks like this:
green%20goblin%20alex%20ross.jpg

[actual concept art for the first spider-man film)

i want a legitimately creepy goblin this time around, and who the heck cares about little kids? They get scared by characters in shows like "my little pony". And besides, did little kids stop nolan from making a legitimately scary looking two face for the dark knight? Nope, i didn't think so.

Give me a goblin like the concept art above.
YESSSSSS!!!! That would be fantastic!!!!!!

Should be ridded of the tights, sack, and scooter (seriously, WTF? A scooter, really?), however.

Last edited:
I think he means those giant handlebars on the glider. They make it look like a scooter.

The problem with a hood is when he's flying, it would come off. I mean, that can happen even just walking into the wind with a hoodie. And, what's with the sword?

TheGearMan is correct. God, he looks like a first grader on his way to the first day of school with those handlebars

I think he means those giant handlebars on the glider. They make it look like a scooter.

The problem with a hood is when he's flying, it would come off. I mean, that can happen even just walking into the wind with a hoodie. And, what's with the sword?

The hood could be fixed to the Mask. I think the sword makes him more reminiscent of folklore, which is something I think they should do.

Technically we shouldn't be worried at all, because worrying will not change what it will look like.

But still.

Anyway, found this on the interwebs-- haven't formed an opinion on it yet.

Yeah, it's just a drawing, so what would that look like in real life?

Meh. Looks fairly similar to the Spectacular Spider-Man Goblin

As much as I love discussing costume ideas, I'd rather they'd have Doc Ock/Master Planner as the big bad for the trilogy, and not use GG unless they have another three movies to film.

Is that going to happen? Of course not. Everybody (else) loves the GG. But I'm not going to be too happy when that happens.

There's a much greater chance of Ock coming off as cheesy than Green Goblin. The more comic accurate they try to make him, the sillier he'll look. He'll have to be handled with the greatest of care.

I want them to take the Batman Beyond approach, something techie, but still looks like regular spandex.
The design used for Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon looks nice for a modern take on GG.

There's a much greater chance of Ock coming off as cheesy than Green Goblin. The more comic accurate they try to make him, the sillier he'll look. He'll have to be handled with the greatest of care.
It's not like I said that because I thought GG would be cheesy, and who says they have to make Ock exactly comic accurate?

Make him one of Peter's teachers, or his tutor. Then make his alter ego the Master Planner, orchestrating several occurrences during the three movies, at first behind the scenes, but eventually shown in the forefront. Maybe throw a few curve balls in there that make it appear that the Master Planner is Norman Osborn, or the Kingpin, or someone else. Maybe have a figure assumed to be the Master Planner appear at the same time Octavious is teaching a class, or with Peter.

Then reveal it to be Otto Octavious when he constructs his robotic arms. With his plan well in effect, he fights Spider-Man. Spider-Man eventually is able to disable whatever plan is going on, and with that distraction gone, he defeats Octavious.

That's generally how I want it to go down. I want him to seem like the coolest, biggest bad, ever.

Not sure if this really should be in the Villains topic, but since your statement was here, I'm typing a response here.

For me suit wise I like it outfit material wise be like cap, skull, winter solider as u said before. They say part of outfit has Kevlar or armor plated for protection. Mask or helmet is the only area I don't know how to go about it. But all I want is a more true to comics look. When we do get to gobby again.

I definitely want a more comic book accurate Goblin. I would go with those "imp" type masks you see on youtube and often post on these threads, where you can still see the actor's facial expressions. And as the costume, make it similar to how it was in the Marvel Knights series and the way Ramos draws it.

It's not like I said that because I thought GG would be cheesy, and who says they have to make Ock exactly comic accurate?

Make him one of Peter's teachers, or his tutor. Then make his alter ego the Master Planner, orchestrating several occurrences during the three movies, at first behind the scenes, but eventually shown in the forefront. Maybe throw a few curve balls in there that make it appear that the Master Planner is Norman Osborn, or the Kingpin, or someone else. Maybe have a figure assumed to be the Master Planner appear at the same time Octavious is teaching a class, or with Peter.

Then reveal it to be Otto Octavious when he constructs his robotic arms. With his plan well in effect, he fights Spider-Man. Spider-Man eventually is able to disable whatever plan is going on, and with that distraction gone, he defeats Octavious.

That's generally how I want it to go down. I want him to seem like the coolest, biggest bad, ever.

Not sure if this really should be in the Villains topic, but since your statement was here, I'm typing a response here.

I mentioned this because there were so many concerns about Goblin's appearance. In the comics, Ock's design is far more goofy than any of the Goblins. I'd be more concerned about how that will be handled than how Norman's costume might look.

Actually ock is far more easier to do then goblin. As really in comics he mostly was business suits and lab jackets outfit. Only times like 90s getting the green armor like 90s toon did, or the more recent body she'll stuff. Where gobby has always been the gobby look with upgrades over the years.

Yeah, Ock is much easier to pull off. Most of the time he's just wearing street clothes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"