Homecoming Green Goblin Costume Design

I want something like this:

552d3c73c7.jpg

Just with a little less metal, more purple and a reverse Hugo Weaving/Red Skull mask

That looks like a tricked out version of the 2002 suit. The glider especially. Still cool though.

Ya know, if kids can handle SM3 Venom, TASM2 Goblin, and Monster Sandman in the SM3 finale. They can probably handle a scarier Goblin. And if they can't so what. I mean, I think it's a personal problem that when I was little I had nightmares about Venom from SM3. I just don't want any other kids to feel like I did. But hey, if I could get over it, so can they.

Ugh.. :facepalm: I know right. Dafoe was perfect for the role, and he already had sort of a creepy face (No offense William), all they had to do was ENHANCE his already Goblin-esque features and instead they opted for a design that looks it belong in a Power Rangers episode. :facepalm:

Wierd Al put it best:

"And he's wearing that dumb power ranger mask, but he's scarier without it on".

Eh.. Really don't want another armored/tech-based Green Goblin.

Last edited:
Yep its concept art for the first Raimi movie, the glider is basically the same but I was suggesting the costume which is different. I already added a little bit of purple:

2Ut8bYF.jpg

There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a Goblin who looks like this:
green%20goblin%20alex%20ross.jpg

[Actual concept art for the first Spider-Man film)

I want a legitimately creepy Goblin this time around, and who the heck cares about little kids? they get scared by characters in shows like "My Little Pony". And besides, did little kids stop Nolan from making a legitimately scary looking Two Face for The Dark Knight? nope, I didn't think so.

Give me a Goblin like the concept art above.

I like the design of the face and the hoodie thing but the rest is absolutely horrible, its too medieval-looking and I think there's no way they'll use a design like that.

- No purse
- No elf shoes
- No Smurf hat
- and definitely no Ultimate Goblin transformations

That's all I ask.

This

I like the design of the face and the hoodie thing but the rest is absolutely horrible, its too medieval-looking and I think there's no way they'll use a design like that.

This

Why not? what's wrong with it?

Why not? what's wrong with it?

Like I said its too medieval looking, I highly doubt something like that would look good on screen and it doesn't seem practical. There is a reason that design has been avoided in previous films.

Like I said its too medieval looking, I highly doubt something like that would look good on screen and it doesn't seem practical. There is a reason that design has been avoided in previous films.

I love the medieval aesthetic & it's certainly a step in the right direction, and I think it would fit in the MCU quite well. And since when did someone as insane as Norman care about practicality? the answer is quite simple, really, he never did.

And please, no more robo/armored Goblins, I've had just about enough of them.

Last edited:
Well, it's certainly a step in the right direction. And since when did someone as insane as Norman care about practicality? the answer is quite simple, really, he never did.

And please, no more robo/armored Goblins, I've had just about enough of them.

This isn't real life, the goblin doesn't exist. What does exist is studio executives who can decide against goofy looking suits.

There is a chance we're getting one of those again so you should get used to the idea.

This isn't real life, the goblin doesn't exist. What does exist is studio executives who can decide against goofy looking suits.
But you also have to take into consideration that we're dealing with Marvel Studios now, and almost all of their villains have had designs that are faithful to the source material. Loki, Ronan, Winter Soldier, Red Skull, Thanos etc. I see Feige JUMPING at the opportunity to design the first comic book accurate Green Goblin movie costume.

There is a chance we're getting one of those again so you should get used to the idea.
And there's also a higher chance that we're getting a comic accurate Green Goblin this time around, so I suggest the same for you.

But you also have to take into consideration that we're dealing with Marvel Studios now, and almost all of their villains have had designs that are faithful to the source material. Loki, Ronan, Winter Soldier, Red Skull, Thanos etc. I see Feige JUMPING at the opportunity to design the first comic book accurate Green Goblin movie costume.

They've made those costumes accurate because they're easy to translate, especially with their fantasy characters since they can get away with a lot more in that context, and even then they have limits like Malekith whose costume was drastically changed from the source material.

I don't doubt Feige will try to make the costume look accurate but if they don't succeed at making him believable and somewhat realistic, they will change it.

And there's also a higher chance that we're getting a comic accurate Green Goblin this time around, so I suggest the same for you.

There isn't but we'll see :yay:

They've made those costumes accurate because they're easy to translate, especially with their fantasy characters since they can get away with a lot more in that context, and even then they have limits like Malekith whose costume was drastically changed from the source material.
I beg to differ. Red Skull & Thanos comic costumes are just as - if not more - goofy as the Green Goblin's classic costume, yet Marvel still found a way to make them work in live action by "updating" and not "reimagining" their designs. Still maintaining some classic elements. Point is, we're bound to get a more comic accurate Green Goblin with Marvel Studios now in the fray.

Even if it isn't a direct translation of his look, we're more than likely not getting another Evil Ed/Snow Boarder/Power Ranger Goblin, bet on it.

There isn't but we'll see :yay:
The fact that all of the previous attempts at the Goblin have strayed too far from the source material? Yeah, I think there is.

I beg to differ. Red Skull & Thanos comic costumes are just as - if not more - goofy as the Green Goblin's classic costume, yet Marvel still found a way to make them work in live action by "updating" and not "reimagining" their designs. Still maintaining some classic elements. Point is, we're bound to get a more comic accurate Green Goblin with Marvel Studios now in the fray.

Red Skulls' costume isn't goofy, is completely black and the only thing that stands out is his face. Thanos is from space and like I said they can get away that because he's from another realm.

Even if it isn't a direct translation of his look, we're more than likely not getting another Evil Ed/Snow Boarder/Power Ranger Goblin, bet on it.

And it could still be closer to those than it would be to the medieval Goblin.

The fact that all of the previous attempts at the Goblin have strayed too far from the source material? Yeah, I think there is.
The fact that there is a reason why they were far from the source material and that he was the only villain who didn't look accurate? Yeah we'll see :yay:

Last edited:
They've continued to stray away from the source material for a reason, GG has always looked ****ing silly. That corny ass green and purple outfit will never not have a hard time translating to screen.

I'm perfectly fine with them giving us a non-comic accurate GG, for the most part, with some classic elements thrown in there. As long as they don't do something like this:

Green_goblin2.jpg

We're good.

Just go the Ultimate route and give us a mutated goblin (no mask or campy rubber suit), keep him "human-sized" at first obviously, with his glider and all that... until it's time for the Sinister Six.

Something like this:

1070117-norman05.jpeg
But with less of that purple smurf hat, as others put it.

Last edited:
I think if they do decide to do something like the Ultimate Goblin they can make it like in the USM Cartoon where it was the USM Goblins size and strength with 616's Glider and personality. But fans would likely riot, and Marvel would suffer backlash the likes of which theyve never seen before. So let me shut my my mouth.

Just give me more purple this time! And for the love of God don't show us the Goblin until the third movie...

And for the love of God don't show us the Goblin until the third movie...

As much as I love discussing costume ideas, I'd rather they'd have Doc Ock/Master Planner as the big bad for the trilogy, and not use GG unless they have another three movies to film.

Is that going to happen? Of course not. Everybody (else) loves the GG. But I'm not going to be too happy when that happens.

Personally I rather goblin outfit be on par like winter solider, cap materials is. Which we can say chest region has some armor plated areas for protection. Then we have the glider as his mode of travel. The only issue for me is how to do goblin head. As I don't want him mutating into a hulk rip like ultimate line. But I don't think just a "rubber mask" would cut it in the mcu. So maybe something akin to cap helmets that styled like goblin but only leaves open spot around eyes which in flight he can have visors over and mouth region open to talk.

Gear I told you before we already know we likely won't see full on goblin to 2nd or 3rd film. As we already know for at least the first film they want to use villains we haven't seen yet. So I don't think we have to worry about goblin any time soon. We are more likely just going to see norman and harry and build up to a later time on why norman goes nuts and creates the goblin.

Last edited:
The only issue for me is how to do goblin head. As I don't want him mutating into a hulk rip like ultimate line. But I don't think just a "rubber mask" would cut it in the mcu. So maybe something akin to cap helmets that styled like goblin but only leaves open spot around eyes which in flight he can have visors over and mouth region open to talk.
I think a rubber mask might be alright, but I'd like to see people try to make a new design for a helmet for GG.

Gear I told you before we already know we likely won't see full on goblin to 2nd or 3rd film. As we already know for at least the first film they want to use villains we haven't seen yet. So I don't think we have to worry about goblin any time soon. We are more likely just going to see norman and harry and build up to a later time on why norman goes nuts and creates the goblin.
I know, if you read the post I said I was sure that we'd see him by the 3rd film, and I would rather not see him for a very long time.

But I still like discussing costume ideas (for anything really). It's just fun, and I don't know why.

As for mask I said earlier what if we went with something akin to cap helmet from winter solider and avengers 2. Then like I said eyes spot could open up with lens that rise and lower. And the only other part visual be actor mouth. But we have neck covered up by what ever the upper body portion of suit is made of. So again all we see of the actual actor is eyes and lips%/mouth area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"