The Crocodile hunter is a moron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw on the news that Steve Irwin, the crocodile hunter, was showing off his month-old son, by holding his son by one hand and feeding a large crocodile by hand with the second one. He wasn't behind a fence or took any other protective measures, other than using his knowledge about their behaviour. Now I realize that he's an expert on crocs and knows enough about their behaviour that his son wasn't that much in danger. However the kid might have been lunch., if Steve slipped, accidentally dropped the kid, or if the croc had done something unexpected. This man is a moron!

I'm also a moron for typing two a's. Is there a way to edit topic titles, once they're up?

I love crocidiles! What I hate though is how this guy makes them seem as simple and predictable animals. It's obvious the guy has become an air head thinking he is such a damn expert that he can approch one with his son like that.

I hope Steve Erwin loses an arm or a leg for being such an arrogant fool. Treating Crocs as if they are predictable.

I really like the Crocodile Hunter, but I have to admit that what he did was pretty stupid.

Is it wrong to wish people harm for their stupidity?

By the way Jonty. A similar thread was already started by XRogue at the bottom of the community page.

Originally posted by E. Bison
By the way Jonty. A similar thread was already started by XRogue at the bottom of the community page.

I did a quick search, but I didn't see anything. Sorry about that.

Originally posted by xrogue
I just think Steve Irwin could handle that situation much more than Michael Jackson could his. Steve's daughter was on Oprah with a 7-ft. python hanging from her arms, and I believe she's 4. I'd trust him way more than MJ with my kid.

A python isn't really a problem because they move so slow. Steve could have easily saved his daughter from one. However, a croc can do unexpected things very quickly, she could have been lunch before Steve-o could do anything.

Originally posted by Matt
I'm willing to guess IRwin's corcodile was probably trained.

People have a fit over this, but who holds a baby while doing so much as petting a dog? That could be dangerous, a dog could kill a baby with one bit...Irwin's equivilant to a dog is pretty much a crocodile.

Croc's have very limited training ability due to having a reptilian brain. The best most owners of snakes can do is get them familiar with the scent of the owner's body. There's been a few owners who've been eaten by their python because the snake thought they were a mouse, because the owner was just handling them a few minutes earlier.

I just found the other crocodile hunter thread. They don't have moron in the title, so mine's better.

I'm sure he thought he knew what he was doing, but that's worse that Jacko dangling his kid over the balcony. There was no sharp-toothed ravenous lizard below the balcony.

well considering that his wife is an expert on the subject and apparently had no objections to it, they must have felt that it was safe enough.

Originally posted by Spider Jerusalem
well considering that his wife is an expert on the subject and apparently had no objections to it, they must have felt that it was safe enough.

I'm sure the chance of harm was fairly minimal considering the situation. However, no amount of sorry could possibly make up for the harm had something happened.

*Steve's son, "Gee Dad, tell about the time I lost my right arm when I was a baby".

Steve, "Well son, when you were a month old, I decided to show you off to the crowd. I also thought it be a hoot to show me feeding a croc, by cracky, with you in my other arm. I took all normal precautions and I wasn't expecting that croc to whip his tail like that. Sorry about that once again. Your mother has never been the same since, but she is getting better by golly. How's that artificial arm, son?"

Steve's son, "Just fine dad, why if I didn't know it was artificial, I'd never know the difference."

Originally posted by jonty30
I'm sure the chance of harm was fairly minimal considering the situation. However, no amount of sorry could possibly make up for the harm had something happened.

*Steve's son, "Gee Dad, tell about the time I lost my right arm when I was a baby".

Steve, "Well son, when you were a month old, I decided to show you off to the crowd. I also thought it be a hoot to show me feeding a croc, by cracky, with you in my other arm. I took all normal precautions and I wasn't expecting that croc to whip his tail like that. Sorry about that once again. Your mother has never been the same since, but she is getting better by golly. How's that artificial arm, son?"

Steve's son, "Just fine dad, why if I didn't know it was artificial, I'd never know the difference."

You could, any given time, accidentaly drive off the road when you only have to go two blocks to the store. Would that stop you from driving to the store?

Originally posted by TheArtofShadow
You could, any given time, accidentaly drive off the road when you only have to go two blocks to the store. Would that stop you from driving to the store?

No, but cars are incredibly reliable today and the chances of something going wrong are incredibly slim. However, animals are never reliable, even if they just have reptilian brains.

Originally posted by jonty30
No, but cars are incredibly reliable today and the chances of something going wrong are incredibly slim. However, animals are never reliable, even if they just have reptilian brains.

I'd say he's about as confident in his knowlege in those animals as you or any other driver out there, is in their car. You shouldn't be one to judge him simply because you don't know anything about the knowlege he has with these animals. I can guaratee that it far farfar exceeds yours.

I'd say he's about as confident in his knowlege in those animals as you or any other driver out there, is in their car. You shouldn't be one to judge him simply because you don't know anything about the knowlege he has with these animals. I can guaratee that it far farfar exceeds yours.

Of course he knows more, but many so does Siegfried and Roy know more about tigers than anybody on earth. Didn't stop the tiger from putting a chomping on Roy.

Good point. All I'm saying is that I'm not going to be one to critisize that man for doing that. That would be like a Socom gamer trying to tell the commander of a Seal team what he did wrong.

On another note, I actually heard that that young tiger was actually trying to save poor Roy from the pyro technics.

C'mon now, Steve-o was just breaking the little tyke in early. There used to be a promo with him and his wife holding a small croc up with their first child sitting on top of it. No one cried foul about that.

Re: "airhead expert," if that were the case, his ass would've been a croc's appeitizer long ago.

That would be like a Socom gamer trying to tell the commander of a Seal team what he did wrong.

LOL :). Those air-softers and gamers are some high-speed killers eh?

Good point. All I'm saying is that I'm not going to be one to critisize that man for doing that. That would be like a Socom gamer trying to tell the commander of a Seal team what he did wrong.

On another note, I actually heard that that young tiger was actually trying to save poor Roy from the pyro technics.

Although that's what S + R (are they an item?) claim, I heard on an interview from an expert on tigers who said that the tiger was doing a death bite on Roy.

Ya see! Between those two stories, I don't know what to beleive, because I don't know jack about tigers. But, yeah. I think you see where I'm coming from....and it didn't even get bloody!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"