The Crocodile hunter is a moron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by MJZ
LOL :). Those air-softers and gamers are some high-speed killers eh?

I actually heard a gamer say something along the lines of "SOCOM is better because it's the most realistic". He was 12. How could he possibly know? In SOCOM, the M-4's are fully automatic. I've never heard of or fired one that was, and I've fired quite a few.

Edit: Thats just one example, BTW.

Originally posted by TheArtofShadow
Ya see! Between those two stories, I don't know what to beleive, because I don't know jack about tigers. But, yeah. I think you see where I'm coming from....and it didn't even get bloody!

I believe that Steve knew what he was doing, unlike MJ, but I just think he took an unnecessary chance for his child and career. It would have been better had he just introduced the child to the croc from a reasonable distance or behind a fence. It would have been just as entertaining, imo.

I just read in my local newspaper, Steve Irwin's wife was quoted as saying it was a wonderful sensory experience for the baby.

Excuse me? The kid, for all practical experience, is a loaf of bread. He would have been just as thrilled to be sitting in a lawn chair with daddy.

Originally posted by jonty30
I just found the other crocodile hunter thread. They don't have moron in the title, so mine's better.

It isn't biased.

No, but cars are incredibly reliable today and the chances of something going wrong are incredibly slim. However, animals are never reliable, even if they just have reptilian brains.

I don't see the same criticizing going on for all those morons who have pitbulls and dogs who attack. I doubt crocodiles kill that many kids a year. Where's the public action and criticism taken on those people? Reptiles are cold-blooded, so, in a sense, you can predict a little about their energy. Dogs and people, animals who kill far more kids than crocs with parental permission and sometimes supervision, are far more dangerous and should be getting more attention than this guy.

Originally posted by xrogue
It isn't biased.

In this situation, him being a moron is more of a fact than an opinion.

If he painted his room purple with a pink ceiling - he's not a moron, it's a matter of taste.

If he likes to drive a Lada - he's not a moron, it's a question of style.

If he puts a month old baby three feet from a croc's mouth with no real protection from harm - he's a moron, moron, moron!!

I don't see the same criticizing going on for all those morons who have pitbulls and dogs who attack. I doubt crocodiles kill that many kids a year. Where's the public action and criticism taken on those people? Reptiles are cold-blooded, so, in a sense, you can predict a little about their energy. Dogs and people, animals who kill far more kids than crocs with parental permission and sometimes supervision, are far more dangerous and should be getting more attention than this guy.

People who keep vicious animals for no real reason and endanger the public should be shot.

Your point isn't as valid, in the sense, that the pitbulls, rottweillers, and other vicious dogs number in the millions, but the likely number of people who own 9 feet+ crocs in the US are probably a few dozen.

Of course he knows more, but many so does Siegfried and Roy know more about tigers than anybody on earth. Didn't stop the tiger from putting a chomping on Roy.

They are idiots because they forgot what most experts know....

these are and will always be wild animals and should be treated with respect, not as circus stars who wear jewelry.

They are idiots because they forgot what most experts know....

these are and will always be wild animals and should be treated with respect, not as circus stars who wear jewelry.

Roy got stupid and careless when he was in a dangerous situation. So was Steve Irwin, he could have slipped or the croc could have done something unexpected.

Roy got stupid and careless when he was in a dangerous situation. So was Steve Irwin, he could have slipped or the croc could have done something unexpected.

IMO, those guys were careless way before that. It just finally bit them literally back. I remember seeing the way they treat those tigers. They would give them "gifts" like necklaces and earrings. :rolleyes: They actually thought the animals would appreciate it the way kids do. Tigers don't belong in a world like that. I will say, at least Steve Irwin displays the animals the way they are, as animals. He just got carried away here. Never in his shows does he say they are animals that can be "played" with, and several times, he has almost bit it, too.

Well, this just confirms my suspicions: Irwin is a dyed-in-the-wool, Grade-A Idiot.

I've thought he was an ignoramus for years: every damn time he swims up to a shark or starts provoking alligators or crocs or big snakes I'm always hoping the animal in question whips around and removes a pound or two of flesh. Stupidity -should- be painful.

I just don't hold with provoking and baiting animals like that. Most animals, even crocodiles will leave you alone unless provoked - but no. Not with Steverino around!

All I can say is this is an example of Darwinism in Action. His wife needs her head examined for letting him take a baby anywhere near such a dangerous, unpredictable animal. I can tell you, if that was my baby I'd see him dead first! I wouldn't let someone take one of my pet CATS that close to a crocodile, much less a baby!

art:"On another note, I actually heard that that young tiger was actually trying to save poor Roy from the pyro technics."

The thing that makes large animals so dangerous is this: that we can never really know WHY they do stuff. We can speculate, but we don't know. This cat was dragging him like cats drag their prey, which really makes me wonder what was going on. I feel like this "the cat was protecting him" theory is an attempt to put a good spin on the incident.

You have to keep your head on straight around big animals. Horses are incredibly dangerous animals, yet the times I see families pull up at the stable and turn the kiddies loose to roam around amongst so many 1500-lb. animals, with four hooves like sledgehammers and teeth that could rip a child's arm off in an instant.... it upsets me.

Once I had my mare (boarded at a stable) out on a line, letting her get some grass. I left her for less than five minutes: I come back to find a 3-year-old girl standing almost underneath her, rapping her barrel with a big stick and singing a happy little song.... I nearly had freakin' heart-failure. Luckily my horse was a calm one; she just kept on eating. I wanted to find that child's mother and literally BELT HER ONE for letting her child roam around like that. This crap endangers everyone!

Never trust a big animal. Never. Because they can do literally anything, and they're usually faster than you :gg: I merely hope one day Irwin discovers this truth for himself. Hopefully no helpless babies will be around on that day.

I've got this crazy idea, you guys might want to try it. It's called "Let other's raise their own goddamned children and mind your own business".

Do you really think that a professional like Steve Irwin would put his child in harm's way?:rolleyes:

Raise your own children (if applicable) and let Steve Irwin do the same.

I think Steve knows what he's doing, granted I'd never do something like that, but the guy IS a pro...with animals atleast. I don't think he'd let any harm come to his kids, probably just trying to teach them to respect animals early. I don't think he's a moron at all.

Originally posted by TheAlmightyFuzz
I think Steve knows what he's doing, granted I'd never do something like that, but the guy IS a pro...with animals atleast. I don't think he'd let any harm come to his kids, probably just trying to teach them to respect animals early. I don't think he's a moron at all.

As idiotic as the things he does seems, he is still an expert in his field, and he does know what he is doing. His wife trusts him, and so did all those people who came out to see him.

hooligan: "I've got this crazy idea, you guys might want to try it. It's called "Let other's raise their own goddamned children and mind your own business".

Here's another great idea: tell it to someone who cares about your opinion.

When celebrities do this sort of thing (or practically anything at all), they open themselves up for public debate. Fact of life. They and you should deal with it, or quit doing asinine stuff, whichever applies.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

1,2, 3, 4....5... just double-checking my count. Five rolling-eyes smilies: my daily quota is complete.

No worries, mate! Only dingoes eat babies from down under. ;)

As idiotic as the things he does seems, he is still an expert in his field, and he does know what he is doing. His wife trusts him, and so did all those people who came out to see him.
I agree.....it's not like it's Bob down the corner took his baby to feed the crocs...the man's parents were in the same field and took him with them in a baby backpack, when he was bearly out of diapers...I think Steve is alright:D

One of the few times we agree on something. :eek: :D

Originally posted by Hooligan32
I've got this crazy idea, you guys might want to try it. It's called "Let other's raise their own goddamned children and mind your own business".

Do you really think that a professional like Steve Irwin would put his child in harm's way?:rolleyes:

OMFG!!! I actually agree with you on something!! :)

Originally posted by Hooligan32

I'm sure Steve Irwin had good intent of not harming his kids, but animals do unexpected things from time to time, no matter what precautions are taken. It's unlikely that Irwin has the strength to fend of a 20 foot long croc, if the croc had other ideas than what Steve intended.

Should the kids be taken away? Probably not, because he's probably a pretty good father.

Should somebody take a 2 by 4 to teach him a lesson? Absolutely.

yo, Croc Hunter woulda had no problems if he went and bought my album "Soulful", in stores now. Go cop that joint, ya feelin me?

He should teach them respect, but making them a tempting snack is not the way to do it.

Originally posted by Ruben Studdard
yo, Croc Hunter woulda had no problems if he went and bought my album "Soulful", in stores now. Go cop that joint, ya feelin me?

It's nice to see you doing something productive, for the real Reuben Stoddard.:p

He should teach them respect, but making them a tempting snack is not the way to do it.
if you watched the video, you'd see that's not what he was doing.

if you watched the video, that's not what he was doing.

After working at Busch Gardens for four plus years, alligators and crocodiles are pretty used to people when they are in there. The sweepers used to go into the alligator exhibit and clean before the day began. They never were hurt because they knew where and what to avoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"