The Crow Reboot

‘The Crow’ Remake Grounded Again: Jason Momoa & Director Corin Hardy Exit
6QZQ889.jpg

The Crow has seen its wings clipped yet again. Sources tell me Jason Momoa and director Corin Hardy formally withdrew from the film this morning. This after Sony was close to exiting as the film’s worldwide distributor. I’m told this has to do with creative and financial differences with Samuel Hadida, whose Davis Films holds the underlying rights and who was financing the film. Production was gearing up to start within the next five weeks in Budapest, and the picture was in full pre-production with Hardy presiding.
http://deadline.com/2018/05/the-crow-jason-momoa-corin-hardy-exit-remake-sony-pictures-1202400772/amp/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Last edited:
I personally don't care if they do or don't make a reboot of this film but I did laugh out loud when reading this news. It really is haunted.

I think after this long long long winded mess we probably will get a really cool Crow reboot down the line.

For the better. Momoa is very one-note and I don't feel he's a good choice for the role.

Lmao, this film will never get made, there's a far better chance Bryan Fuller sticks to a project than this film seeing the light of day.

I would normally have been disappointed that this was grounded again, but if this means Mamoa is out as Draven, then I'm all for it.

I'd really love to see some of their pre-production concept art, though.

Never really saw Momoa as Draven so IMO it's for the best.

I could see his JL colleague Ezra Miller in the role though.

Why remake it at all? Pass the baton. Do something new with it. Make it a lady. Set it in the past. Make it a pacificist that is hesistant to enact revenge. Make it someone that goes way too far with it and becomes the villain. Just don’t give us Eric Draven again.

I don't mind a remake/reboot, I think the setting is cool and deserves to be revitalized. It's not like they're taking away the original.

But Momoa? No thanks. There's no difference between Drogo, Conan and Aquaman, as far as I can see based on his performance. Do we need Draven in this company?

Yea I'm not sure how many people ever really wanted to see Momoa as The Crow.

Todd McFarlane has been talking about his Spawn sequel for over 10 years and it’s finally happening. So who knows.

The Crow..man I havent seen it since it came out, such a great movie. Thanks for this thread for reminding me about it

The Crow..man I havent seen it since it came out, such a great movie. Thanks for this thread for reminding me about it

Rewatched it for the first time in years just a few weeks ago. So, so good.

Yea I'm not sure how many people ever really wanted to see Momoa as The Crow.

Or a new one in general, tbh. :o

I mean, really, who wants a new one badly enough to justify this level of fuss? They've been at this for yeeeears, and I would be absolutely shocked if this ended up performing well, regardless of who is taking up the role.

They already did all those sequels several years ago and each one had less and less return on it even as the budgets shrank.

There could be another good Crow movie but I think they should just let it rest another decade before attempting it again.

Or a new one in general, tbh. :o

I mean, really, who wants a new one badly enough to justify this level of fuss? They've been at this for yeeeears, and I would be absolutely shocked if this ended up performing well, regardless of who is taking up the role.

I really dont understand why this cant get a greenlight. A modest budget should be able to fund a film like this. And it shouldn't be this damn hard to get a modestly budgeted Crow film greenlit. Maybe they should try to pitch a Crow film to Netflix or Amazon. They tend to have more balls and take more risks.

Man of steel 2 will happen before this.

Yeah I don't get the big push for this reboot. I don't think it'll be a huge money maker even if it's good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"