The Crow Reboot

Well that is the concept of the Crow to my understanding, thats like having X-Men without mutants

I haven't quite figured how I feel about a Crow remake yet (though I do think Norrington's style might be a good fit) but the beauty of the "Crow" franchise wise is that it's a concept someone can use to tell "their" crow stories without stepping on what came before ... why suits in the studios seem to be so "re-boot" or "re-imagine" happy with one of the few concepts that doesn't necessitate it is beyond me. Always thought the concept would make a better arc driven tv series (mini-series within a series) that took place in different eras and times that would allow the viewer to get invested in each new crow differently and even highlighting what could happen if the Crow being focused on failed in their mission(s). Awesome premise, regardless ... just hope it's used to its fullest advantage to the benefit of the audience.

then this is not a reboot of The Crow then if they don't use Eric Draven; then it'll be a sequel done right.

The Crow doesn't need a reboot, it needs a da** good sequel to get people talking again!

as a fan of the first crow and all things crow

yes even wicked prayer

i must admit i don't see the need to remake it
lee was beyond perfect, just as ledger was with joker in tdk
no doubt i'll be there opening day
but after lxg i am a bit concerned,

The Crow doesn't need a reboot, it needs a da** good sequel to get people talking again!

That's what I'm talkin about!! Nothing wrong with trying another story and doing it right for a change. None of the other sequels have come close to being decent.

If only Miramax wouldn't have screwed with COA in post. I'm still hoping to one day see the rare PPV cut.

I think doing another sequel is fine, as there are other Crow stories that can be told. There just doesnt need to be remake of Eric Draven.

But if they are making another Crow sequel, they really need to try and do something different and make it special. The Crow movies follwing Proyas' were all pretty bad.

If only Miramax wouldn't have screwed with COA in post. I'm still hoping to one day see the rare PPV cut.
Have you seen the Second Coming fanedit? I hear it's good. Even Tim Pope commented that he liked it.

And why does Batman get a special pass for it? Or Bond for that matter? If there were no re-inventions/reboots/sequels, these characters would've died off in their respective eras decades ago.

Like I also said convincing sequels could've been made. I don't like reboots. I don't give out special passes, I merely tolerated them. Besides, it's just become a marketing gimmick now.

That's what I'm talkin about!! Nothing wrong with trying another story and doing it right for a change. None of the other sequels have come close to being decent.

I did enjoy Salvation though. (Quite a bit, actually.)

Me too.

This has mistake written all over it, specially that Norrington is barely a competent director. I don't see how he can bring anything to the table in comparison to the Proyas version but I hope I'm wrong.

Who Should Play The New Crow?

http://screenrant.com/crow-reboot-update-casting-picks-kofi-31427/

Mania.com’s Comics 2 Film has exclusively learned that the latest script draft for Stephen Norrington’s (Blade) reboot of The Crow has been “well received” by studio Relativity Media. The reboot is based on the cult-fav comic book character created by James O’Barr in the late 80s, which went on to become a 1994 cult-hit movie directed by Alex Proyas (Knowing), starring the late-great Brandon Lee.
Norrington was recently quoted about his own vision for The Crow, and said, “Whereas [Alex] Proyas’ original was gloriously gothic and stylized, the new movie will be realistic, hard-edged and mysterious, almost documentary-style.” With Norrington’s script getting the thumbs up from execs, The Crow will reportedly fly into production soon, with the next logical step being casting.
So who should play the new Crow?

I like the idea of it being documentary-style. If it's going to be like a handheld camera documentary though, I hope it's more like District 9 than Cloverfield.

As for the actor, go unknown. :up:

Probably an unknown

But why do they have to reboot EVERYTHING? There was nothing wrong with The Crow to begin with (the first movie).

Ah, I'll stick with the original, everything done with the property since then has sucked, don't see this being any better.

^ What he said.

They got it right the first time and ****ed it up ever since. I'll remain skeptical until reason to be otherwise.

After Brandon Lee's tragic death on the set of The Crow, the sequels that followed it all felt like reboots anyway, since they all use a different actor to play The Crow. Not sure why a reboot is necessary then.

With the tweaking of the names, the original story could work as a reboot in and of itself. As long as it doesn't involve Eric Draven I'm (cautiously) optimistic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"