The Crow Reboot

I'll pass. I didnt much care for the original to be honest.

I don't mind, the books had a couple different crows too. Am I the only one who liked the short lived TV series?

Just how "realistic" can you make a movie about a man that comes back from the dead?

Just how "realistic" can you make a movie about a man that comes back from the dead?

Read the comic.

That's a bit more hard edged and gritty than the film. The comic's a bit more of a straight-up supernatural crime comic. That's also pretty damn depressing.

I think what Norrington means by his "hard edged, gritty, almost documentary-style" description is something closer to "The French Connection" than something like "Cloverfield". And by that, it's the idea the film camera is always moving, and the cuts enhance the power and mood of everything. But it's still a professionally shot film that look good. It's not filmed by a character in the film on his crappy handicam and looks amateurish.

Atleast that's what i hope Norrington means.

how much you wanna bet they dont even set it in detroit?

how much you wanna bet they dont even set it in detroit?

I remember one of my animation teachers told me about how "Hollywood types" never respect the source material. He used an actual quote where one exec said, "Hey, let's make a Hawaii Five-O movie!" and the other replied, "Great! Does it have to be set in Hawaii?"

I really don't feel this needs to be remade. The Crow is a very special comic and movie to me. And the original film is still very popular in our culture.

On the special edition of the 1st DVD, James O'Barr was mentioning the early concepts for the first Crow film and said they were thinking about making it a musical starring Michael Jackson.

Who knows what we'll get in the end, but it won't change the original.

how about calling it 'Crow' in honor of current Hollywood trends (Fast & Furious)

I mentioned this in the main Crow reboot thread in the Misc. Comic section, but even though I love the Brandon lee adoption, it deviated incredibly from the source material (since it was merged with an unused screenplay). You can do another Crow film based just off the original O'Barr comic, and it would still be fresh and original. There is plenty more I want to see translated from the comic, like having the Crow talk, The morphine stuff, the "Crown of Thorns", having T-bird being the leader, cutting off someone at the ankles, "how many Angels can dance on the head of a pin", etc.

I mentioned this in the main Crow reboot thread in the Misc. Comic section, but even though I love the Brandon lee adoption, it deviated incredibly from the source material (since it was merged with an unused screenplay). You can do another Crow film based just off the original O'Barr comic, and it would still be fresh and original. There is plenty more I want to see translated from the comic, like having the Crow talk, The morphine stuff, the "Crown of Thorns", having T-bird being the leader, cutting off someone at the ankles, "how many Angels can dance on the head of a pin", etc.
My thoughts exactly. Following the original comic more closely would make for a very different film.

I remember one of my animation teachers told me about how "Hollywood types" never respect the source material. He used an actual quote where one exec said, "Hey, let's make a Hawaii Five-O movie!" and the other replied, "Great! Does it have to be set in Hawaii?"

I really don't feel this needs to be remade. The Crow is a very special comic and movie to me. And the original film is still very popular in our culture.

On the special edition of the 1st DVD, James O'Barr was mentioning the early concepts for the first Crow film and said they were thinking about making it a musical starring Michael Jackson.

Who knows what we'll get in the end, but it won't change the original.

How awesome would that have been!?

Still a fan of the original book and the TV series.

The original is my favorite movie of all time. The only aspect of this reboot that would get to me to watch it is if it is more faithful to the graphic novel than the original.

The other problem I have is that I loved ever single actor's performances in the original so I have the absolute highest expectations that could never be met.

I'll d/l the torrent.

On SHH's main page.

The screenplay for a new The Crow film is finished and production will begin this year, Producer Edward Pressman told MTV today.

The new film will, according to Pressman, be set in both a small Southwest town and a larger city. The action will move from the town to the city and back again.

Though a star is not currently attached, Pressman claims that an offer has gone out to "a major actor."

The new film will attempt to reboot the franchise with a number of alterations. One Pressman talks about is the nature of the actual Crow itself, describing it as "a creature... it's not just a bird. It's got a personality and a character. Not like Godzilla exactly, but it's very different [and has] a more active role in the story."

Originally a 1989 comic book miniseries by James O'Barr, the series spawned a number of graphic sequels, four feature films and a television series.

I wonder who this big actor is that they are trying to get for the role.

On SHH's main page.

I wonder who this big actor is that they are trying to get for the role.

Is Sam Worthington a big name? Because he's been rumored for every action movie so far, a bit surprised his name hasn't been mentioned with this movie.

Is Sam Worthington a big name? Because he's been rumored for every action movie so far, a bit surprised his name hasn't been mentioned with this movie.

I hope it's not him. If it's him or Keanu then all hope will be lost.

Maybe Cillian Murphy? He has an awesome look for the part.

I may be in the minority, but I am all for a reboot, especially if they stick with the Graphic Novel/ Original Series as opposed to the Brandon Lee movie.

Joseph Gordan Levitt For The Crow?
joseph_gordonlevitt_1114304.jpg

Joseph+Gordon-Levitt2.jpg

gallery_main-hesher-film-set-0519200920.jpg

If Joseph gets it, then bravo. Other wise, I would like to see him do a bigger comic book property. Namely...THE FLASH!

Maybe Cillian Murphy? He has an awesome look for the part.

I may be in the minority, but I am all for a reboot, especially if they stick with the Graphic Novel/ Original Series as opposed to the Brandon Lee movie.

I love the original film but i'm also not against a reboot. I just hope the actor they get is real good as well as the script.

I forget, have they ever said if this will be using the character Eric Draven again or someone else?

Personally, I read the comic after seeing the movie and I understand that some fans would want the reboot to be more accurate to the comics but honestly, the murder and rape events in the movie was done far better than in the book. In the book it was sort of lame having it in the open on a road and it just happened kind of quick while the movie went into it more and that's what made it a lot more tragic in my eyes.

If they do it closer like the book I hope they add in something else to make it more emotional since this will be compared with the first film obviously since it's a reboot.

^Norrington once said in an interview that the character would not be Eric Draven. I do hope that this film ends up coming together. I love the graphic novel and original film. As for casting, I DO NOT want Sam Worthington or Taylor Lautner. I'd prefer Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

Personally, I read the comic after seeing the movie and I understand that some fans would want the reboot to be more accurate to the comics but honestly, the murder and rape events in the movie was done far better than in the book. In the book it was sort of lame having it in the open on a road and it just happened kind of quick while the movie went into it more and that's what made it a lot more tragic in my eyes.

Um, what?

Eric had a .357 bullet embedded in his skull after being screwed in the middle of no, and didn't die, but had to watch the gang take turns at raping Shelly, then as she is killed by T-bird then defiled by Funboy. All the time the Crow is telling him not to look. Eric then is brought in alive to the hospital, where his final word's to Capt. Hook are "The Crow, The Crow said don't look!".

That's still there in structure in Brandon's movie, (and it's hallowed Ground IMO, since that's when Brandon actually got killed) but I think the Car scene would still work, and set it apart. Also, you get to see the 'cuda live action.

I welcome this, honestly. Nothing will damage the first movie. Sheesh, look at the sequels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"