Superman Returns The Crystals lost?

B

BatShash

Remember the scene where Lex's Girlfriend dropped the kryptonian crystals out of the helicopter? Now the crystals are lost inside the island Superman through in space. I was wondering how would this affect the next sequel and how Superman contact his father for guidance without the crystals? any Ideas?

I always assumed they would drop into the ocean from him lifting the island, where Superman could then just use his Xray vision to find them.

If they were dropped in the ocean, they would have grown continents and possibly weapons as well. They're in space with the continent. As far as contacting Jor-El again, it can't happen. The voices of the past are completely gone from the Man of Steel.

N.K. was huge,remember when Superman fell in the water??he was still on it then. I think the crystals just fell down into a crevice,their still there on N.K.

Freddy_Krueger said:
If they were dropped in the ocean, they would have grown continents and possibly weapons as well. They're in space with the continent. As far as contacting Jor-El again, it can't happen. The voices of the past are completely gone from the Man of Steel.

It was established in SII (both versions) that the green crystal - the one that created the Fortress to begin with - was capable of activating the Jor-El simulacrum...and Lex didn't have it among the crystals he took from the Fortress. As for where this crystal was all this time, it's possible Kal-El might have taken it with him for reference when he sought out Krypton's remains, so it's probably still in the ship buried near the farm somewhere.

By this logic Kal-El could probably grow a NEW Fortress - somewhere with climate conditions that no human being could possibly withstand (as in S:TAS where he had to take an underwater passage to get into the Fortress) - and new crystals. But if the base crystal contains any kind of stored history like any other computer, the Jor-El program would probably still emphasize to Kal-El that he needs to retrieve the original crystals, before they fall into the wrong hands again...*koff*sequel setup*koff*

Jochimus said:
It was established in SII (both versions) that the green crystal - the one that created the Fortress to begin with - was capable of activating the Jor-El simulacrum...and Lex didn't have it among the crystals he took from the Fortress.

There is no green crystal in the Singerverse. I read where they didn't want the green crystal because they thought people would confuse it with kryptonite.

matthooper said:
There is no green crystal in the Singerverse. I read where they didn't want the green crystal because they thought people would confuse it with kryptonite.

Why, because they chose to use a kryptonite stiletto? :huh: If Singer's Superman is supposed to jibe so well with Donner's, you could EASILY write the green crystal back into continuity without the audience getting puzzled by the fact that it's green. For example, the green crystal has a freakish glow and a weird humming sound, whereas kryptonite just sits there glowing - heck, in Singer's version kryptonite doesn't even do THAT. Glowing-and-humming green crystal vs. sitting-there-doing-nothing green crystal - shouldn't be too confusing to explain; obviously one's kryptonite and one isn't. And to be honest the more inert version of kryptonite Singer is using actually works to the favor of the distinction - ex: Kal-El not even realizing his powers had been sapped till Lex clocked him.

Jochimus said:
Why, because they chose to use a kryptonite stiletto? :huh: If Singer's Superman is supposed to jibe so well with Donner's, you could EASILY write the green crystal back into continuity without the audience getting puzzled by the fact that it's green. For example, the green crystal has a freakish glow and a weird humming sound, whereas kryptonite just sits there glowing - heck, in Singer's version kryptonite doesn't even do THAT. Glowing-and-humming green crystal vs. sitting-there-doing-nothing green crystal - shouldn't be too confusing to explain; obviously one's kryptonite and one isn't. And to be honest the more inert version of kryptonite Singer is using actually works to the favor of the distinction - ex: Kal-El not even realizing his powers had been sapped till Lex clocked him.

I don't try to understand Singer's "Superman", I simply posted what I read. He was afraid people would get confused. It's that simple.

matthooper said:
I don't try to understand Singer's "Superman", I simply posted what I read. He was afraid people would get confused. It's that simple.

Well, see, that's one of the flaws I've already found in Singer that has become particularly evident after watching Donner's SII - Donner fully intended the film continuity to mine more of the comics lore had he the opportunity to continue as director (evidenced by the fact that the current Action Comics arc, and the one following it, were directly influenced by Donner's plans for the Superman film franchise). So Singer isn't only ignorant of the comic continuity, he also seems a little ignorant of the directorial vision he's paying homage to.

But all said, I still enjoy SR for what it is, otherwise I wouldn't have the DVD.

The crystals are definately lost but there is a reason for that, Kal-El doesnt need Jor-El anymore because 'the son has become the father.'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"