The Curious Case of Spider-Man & Hulk Rights (Or Keep Hope Alive That the Rights Will Revert)

Eh. Its a small easter egg. Who knows if Morbius turns out to be a decent hit for the easter egg to even matter in the long run. As far I'm concerned, they are separated with Spider-Man's days being numbered in the Mcu. While the VenomVerse imo, won't have the longevity as the mcu, not even the FoX-Men era. Its basically going to be like TASM of the 2020s. At some point, it would crumble and fall apart.

I just feel bad for Tom Holland if the VenomVerse falls apart and he did a couple of appearances in that universe. Instead of having just a good solid ending in the mcu.

One thing I'm sure though and I hope I'm not wrong. Mcu won't acknowledge the Sony movies except for the ones they've co produced.

Last edited:
They're giving the service for free to everyone with an apple device for like a year. They're counting on drawing people in out of sheer curiousity while they slowly build up their catalogue.
Slowly building is going to be tough when the competition is going all in and will have built up a following and plenty of dedicated IPs. By the time they make a push many people will already be paying for Netflix and Disney +. Going free means at least people will check it out though.

???

The Vulture is in Morbius??

Hey guys, remember when I said that I think eventually Sony will succeed in getting these movies adopted into the MCU? I don't want to say I told you all so, but... I told you so

WHATS GOING ON?

What's going on is Disney bent the knee. Clearly in order to keep Spider-Man in the MCU they were willing to throw Sony this bone. And guess what, I knew they would eventually. Despite everybody calling me crazy and saying they had no reason to do it, I knew they would do it

I don't want to seem like I am bragging, but...I just want to point out my correctness :o

What's going on is Disney bent the knee. Clearly in order to keep Spider-Man in the MCU they were willing to throw Sony this phone. And guess what, I knew they would eventually. Despite everybody calling me crazy and saying they had no reason to do it, I knew they would do it

Phone or bone?

What's going on is Disney bent the knee. Clearly in order to keep Spider-Man in the MCU they were willing to throw Sony this bone. And guess what, I knew they would eventually. Despite everybody calling me crazy and saying they had no reason to do it, I knew they would do it

I don't want to seem like I am bragging, but...I just want to point out my correctness :o

Does anyone know any details?

Hey guys, remember when I said that I think eventually Sony will succeed in getting these movies adopted into the MCU? I don't want to say I told you all so, but... I told you so

Are they, though? I think your earlier description of this as "MCU adjacent" makes more sense. My guess is we will get Easter Eggs and references ala Runaways, Cloak & Dagger and the Netflix Defenders and the Sony stuff won't make it's way back to MCU Proper.

The fact that the film is "In Association with Marvel" rather than "In Association with Marvel Studios" or just plain "Marvel Studios" says there is at least one step between this and the MCU films and TV shows. Though with Feige taking over all of Marvel maybe that designation doesn't mean so much anymore.

Does anyone know any details?

We now enough to know that Sony at minimum can use Spider-Man Homecoming and Spider-Man Far From Home characters in their movies and reference those events

Are they, though? I think your earlier description of this as "MCU adjacent" makes more sense. My guess is we will get Easter Eggs and references ala Runaways, Cloak & Dagger and the Netflix Defenders and the Sony stuff won't make it's way back to MCU Proper.

The fact that the film is "In Association with Marvel" rather than "In Association with Marvel Studios" or just plain "Marvel Studios" says there is at least one step between this and the MCU films and TV shows. Though with Feige taking over all of Marvel maybe that designation doesn't mean so much anymore.

I don't think anything in these movies is going to be overly important in other MCU projects, no. But this does open the door to possibilities such as seeing like a Tom Hardy or a Jared Leto pop into an MCU movie. No guarantees or anything, but now it's possible I would say more possible than the Netflix ones crossing over was. But no, I don't think they would let Sony by themselves do something that would affect the whole of the MCU to a large degree. But at the same time, Spider-Man occupies a very street level portion of Marvel. So I don't think that's really an issue

I don't think anything in these movies is going to be overly important in other MCU projects, no. But this does open the door to possibilities such as seeing like a Tom Hardy or a Jared Leto pop into an MCU movie. No guarantees or anything, but now it's possible I would say more possible than the Netflix ones crossing over was. But no, I don't think they would let Sony by themselves do something that would affect the whole of the MCU to a large degree. But at the same time, Spider-Man occupies a very street level portion of Marvel. So I don't think that's really an issue

At one point, though, it seemed REALLY, REALLY likely that the Netflix characters were going to show up in the movies. Like back in 2015 when Kevin Feige said a crossover with the TV shows at some point was "inevitable". Right now it looks to me like Sony Pictures is taking over the second cousin role formerly held by Marvel Television.

And by saying that I am not selling that position short. Being a second cousin to the MCU played a major role in Marvel Television's early success and should boost Sony's movie prospects.

At one point, though, it seemed REALLY, REALLY likely that the Netflix characters were going to show up in the movies. Like back in 2015 when Kevin Feige said a crossover with the TV shows at some point was "inevitable". Right now it looks to me like Sony Pictures is taking over the second cousin role formerly held by Marvel Television.

I think the difference here is honestly popularity. Spider-Man is simply a more popular character than anybody Netflix had access to. Also, Sony and Disney clearly have a working relationship with the property. If it makes sense to say have Jared Leto in a Blade movie on both sides, then I can see it being done.

Again, this very well could never happen. But if this working relationship goes beyond the next MCU Spider-Man movie, then I think the eventuality of a crossover increases in likelihood. But I think we're just going to have to wait and see what the world looks like for Spider-Man once that third MCU Spider-Man movie comes and goes. That is going to determine a lot about where this all goes in the future

Last edited:
We now enough to know that Sony at minimum can use Spider-Man Homecoming and Spider-Man Far From Home characters in their movies and reference those events
Was this port of the deal to give MCU more SM appearances or can they now maybe use him ongoing?

Was this port of the deal to give MCU more SM appearances or can they now maybe use him ongoing?

I think you're asking some million-dollar questions here. Right now, we really don't know how far this extends. The trailer gives us enough to know that at the very least Sony can reference their own movies. But as far as the rest of the MCU or future appearances, we still don't know quite to that extent yet. But, this certainly open some doors that weren't there before

Sony couldn't even be bothered to use a pic of the actual MCU Spider-Man instead of an old promotional still of the Raimi suit.

82634347_171952420834016_3993747972377542656_n.jpg

Sony couldn't even be bothered to use a pic of the actual MCU Spider-Man instead of an old promotional still of the Raimi suit.

82634347_171952420834016_3993747972377542656_n.jpg

I'm thinking it may be related to the design of the costume. This is one thing that may show us a limitation in how much crossover freedom they have.

So is Tom Holland gonna have to show up in the old Raimi suit in the Spideyverse and one of his suits in the MCU? Because that's just silly.

So is Tom Holland gonna have to show up in the old Raimi suit in the Spideyverse and one of his suits in the MCU? Because that's just silly.

I would assume if they can't use one that appears in a co shared movie that they have to design a new one. I'm guessing they just didn't want to invest money into designing a new one just for a poster, but I do agree with you it is sort of a cheap way to go about it

I think you're asking some million-dollar questions here. Right now, we really don't know how far this extends. The trailer gives us enough to know that at the very least Sony can reference their own movies. But as far as the rest of the MCU or future appearances, we still don't know quite to that extent yet. But, this certainly open some doors that weren't there before

Well, that's a surprise. My wife always says I ask stupid questions, so that's a big step up for me.
Anyway, I thought you and Flick knew everything....

If they could use him ongoing, that would be a monster.....Unfortunately, I doubt that's the case. It doesn't make sense to me...

Well, that's a surprise. My wife always says I ask stupid questions, so that's a big step up for me.
Anyway, I thought you and Flick knew everything....

If they could use him ongoing, that would be a monster.....Unfortunately, I doubt that's the case. It doesn't make sense to me...

I wish I knew everything LOL. But yeah so much of this depends on what Sony and Disney have worked out behind the scenes. Really going to be curious to see how far this extends. Lots of rumors speculating that Tom Holland could be a full-on part of Venom 2, but time is going to tell.

MCU Adjacent. How 'official' it actually becomes is up to Marvel Studios.

I really dug the trailer.

So is AppleTV+ just a lark rather than Apple trying to make an actually appealing streaming service or is this just some lark? I can't imagine I lot of people forking over 5 bucks a month, for such a terrible service.

It's not a lark, just Apple finding out early that making good (prestige) content isn't easy. More stuff is coming though, from Spielberg, Cuarón, Plepler, and others.

I wish I knew everything LOL. But yeah so much of this depends on what Sony and Disney have worked out behind the scenes. Really going to be curious to see how far this extends. Lots of rumors speculating that Tom Holland could be a full-on part of Venom 2, but time is going to tell.
Yep, terms of the new deal were never really announced, just that one is in place, and rumors of what it means. I'm sure both studios are keeping this close to the vest to try to make fanboys like all of us here keep guessing what happened, and want to go the theater to see both studios flicks.

This actually pissed me off. Sony trying to take credit for Homecoming & Far From Home. How desperate do you have to be? Trying to claim another studios work as your own?

yzm5hevh.tl4.jpg

3kgbovtg.1j3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"