The Damn Skrulls Are Coming Back!!!!

How about we throw some Chuck Austen in there?
If only there were something that was written by Austen and drawn by Liefeld. But I guess that would throw the metaphysical balance way too far into evil's favor.

Chuck Austen: Decent Ideas, Bad Writing.

Ok, you two just dropped down on my list. That's next to Mormons and pubic hair in my oatmeal.

Ok, you two just dropped down on my list. That's next to Mormons and pubic hair in my oatmeal.

There's a reason you were able to make that reference that I do not ever want to hear.

jag

I miss him almost as much as CCon.

Did they ban him too?!?!?!?!? Seriously i just thought he was to busy to post but imnot in the now like all you guys are. If they banned him they better have had a damn good ****ing reason he was a good guy!

Sorry double post.

PJ is bannededededed all to hell. :(

jag

The Draco should have won an Eisner.

:( It makes me sad because I almost got excited in my lone fandom of the Draco... but then I realized that you were just being Darthphereic :(

And I could use some more Abyss :)

I wouldn't mind seeing Kiwi Black again :o

I wish we could have actually gotten to know him some. I like the idea of he and Abyss as Nightcrawler's brothers. That was actually a cool thing about the Draco. It's the Devil/Father thing that killed it for most I think :(

I wish we could have actually gotten to know him some. I like the idea of he and Abyss as Nightcrawler's brothers. That was actually a cool thing about the Draco. It's the Devil/Father thing that killed it for most I think :(

I'm really upset about how Abyss was handled. He appeared kinda recently in X-Factor only to be a villain again :down:

I know. And the sucky part was that he isn't even a villain, nor has he ever been in the 616. He was in the Age of Apocalypse, but not since his debut on Genosha. One of the many reasons Marvel has been really getting on my nerves lately. I'm making a prediction that by this time next year I'll be at least 60% DC and growing (as aposed to a few months ago when I didn't read a single DC book). I gave up on Spider-man and replaced it with Green Arrow/Black Canary. I was going to give up New and Mighty Avengers and replace them with Green lantern and Green Lantern Corps, but I just read the Hood storyline and liked it, so I'm going back to my original "It has until Secret Invasion to change my mind" mindset. And that's really only for New Avengers, as Mighty Avengers is simply horrendous. The horrible use of word bubbles, horrible characterisation of Ares, and constant Cho butt just kills the book for me. At least Cho is gone. If only Bendis can fix the other two it might be a decent read.

I loved the Ultimates, but Ultimates 3 just completely turned me off of that franchise. I used to love Ultimate X-Men but it went down hill long ago. I loved Runaways but haven't enjoyed it since Vaughn left. Claremont killed Exiles for me. I've just gotten so sick of Wolverine that I'm not interested in him for anything more than just a cast memeber of a team book. Add that to the horrible continuity issues with modern marvel and Wolverine: Origins I've dropped both Wolverine books. Several other titles have been dropped.

X-Men (including X-Factor and new/young X-Men) is the main line I'm sticking with, but the end of Messiah Complex kinda ticked me off with officially making Bishop a bad guy and killing off Xavier (if he even is dead... which judging by X-Men: Legacy he probably isn't, but either way that scene was handled very crappily). And not to mention the whole baby thing causing Bishop's future is SO in conflict with continuity that it isn't even funny. It could be worked in if properly explained, but we aren't even given that. Add that to the story line that there is a horrible tyrant from Bishop's future that could be killed now as a child has already been done in X-factor with Greystone, Fixx, and Archer. I liked the crossover, but I was VERY disappointed with the ending. However, X-Men may tick me off here and there, but I never actually see myself dropping them. Otherwise, Astonishing's lateness would have had me gone LONG ago.

I see myself dropping Thunderbolts whenver Ellis leaves the title. I love New Warriors but don't see it running for too long. Honestly, the only things that really seem to be keeping my interest long term are X-Men and Avengers: The Initiative. I plan to eventually start on Iron Fist regularly, so I'll probably have that, maybe Captain America too (just bought the new issue and liked it), but that's about it.

So yeah, this time next year, DC 60% or more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"