The Dark Knight The Dark Knight Filming:news/pics etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shweeeeeet find Retro my friend! Big fan of the tumbler staying the same because that thing is the best 'mobile EVER!

One thing I've been curious about is the start date, mid-June, what does this mean as far as teaser trailers, posters, etc.?

Shweeeeeet find Retro my friend! Big fan of the tumbler staying the same because that thing is the best 'mobile EVER!

One thing I've been curious about is the start date, mid-June, what does this mean as far as teaser trailers, posters, etc.?

My guess is the summer trailer is gone,expect a teaser with I Am Legend which is WB's big November movie.

Looks like Nolans getting his wish in this one. He's gonna blow up the Tumbler!

He better not.

If theres one thing they need to do without in this new franchise it's new toy ideas.

I say keep the tumbler for 2 and 3 and blow it up near the end of 3 so whoever comes in to take over the franchise can have their own version of the car.

My guess is the summer trailer is gone,expect a teaser with I Am Legend which is WB's big November movie.

Nice!

I hope they keep the Tumbler for at least this movie and then in the next one blow it up. I don't think they should blow it up at the end of the third because I think there needs to be a sense of closure to this trilogy before a new set starts and leaving a cliffhanger of any kind seems unlikely. I hope during the course of the third or the end of TDK its blown up so during three at some point he has to get a new design, perhaps giving Bruce the opening to design his own car.....

i live 10 minutes from chicago. i cant wait for principle filming to start.

start date in CHICAGO mid-June. they are doing that for the weather. I'm sure they'll film in Hong Kong/UK first, go to Chicago, then either back to UK or LA (if they do use LA, as I've read).

For people wondering why that particular Tumbler in the photos looks "stripped down," here are some theories:

1.) As some have suggested, it's just been stripped of its external plating and goodies to make it easier to transport; these will be added (the car will be "dressed" as they get ready for filming.

2.) This may be a "stand-in"/proxy car used just to choreograph the action (chases, etc.), which would then be filmed with the "beauty" versions. (It might also just be used to light the scenes; since it's the same basic shape, size and color, why bother finishing it?)

3.) The most interesting possibility is that the exterior of the car has actually changed somewhat from BB, and they're waiting until the last possible moment to attach the new details, so you don't see immediately that the revised Tumbler has rocket launchers or whatever.

4.) A random scary thought: you usually don't require so many of one kind of prop/vehicle unless there's a real NEED for it... and if the production needs *10* Tumblers on hand to film a sequence, it strongly suggests that the car might get severely damaged or destroyed, in a spectacular fashion, during the film.

All this is speculative -- but truthfully, I don't want them to blow up the Tumbler!

-- Admiral Nelson

For people wondering why that particular Tumbler in the photos looks "stripped down," here are some theories:

1.) As some have suggested, it's just been stripped of its external plating and goodies to make it easier to transport; these will be added (the car will be "dressed" as they get ready for filming.

2.) This may be a "stand-in"/proxy car used just to choreograph the action (chases, etc.), which would then be filmed with the "beauty" versions. (It might also just be used to light the scenes; since it's the same basic shape, size and color, why bother finishing it?)

3.) The most interesting possibility is that the exterior of the car has actually changed somewhat from BB, and they're waiting until the last possible moment to attach the new details, so you don't see immediately that the revised Tumbler has rocket launchers or whatever.

4.) A random scary thought: you usually don't require so many of one kind of prop/vehicle unless there's a real NEED for it... and if the production needs *10* Tumblers on hand to film a sequence, it strongly suggests that the car might get severely damaged or destroyed, in a spectacular fashion, during the film.

All this is speculative -- but truthfully, I don't want them to blow up the Tumbler!

-- Admiral Nelson

IIRC, they had a whole fleet of them on hand in Lower Wacker when they filmed the chase scene for Begins. Leastways I remember a photo with several of them lined up under tarps...

IIRC, they had a whole fleet of them on hand in Lower Wacker when they filmed the chase scene for Begins. Leastways I remember a photo with several of them lined up under tarps...

As I recall, they had about four or five (but I could be wrong; it could've been more.)

If they're using 10 Tumblers for TDK, then either it's used in a bunch of pretty "strenuous" scenes, or they might need "replacements," depending on what happens to it.

-- Admiral Nelson

Yup, it was 4 or 5 at the most for BB. Interesting they've doubled it this time around..

As I recall, they had about four or five (but I could be wrong; it could've been more.)

If they're using 10 Tumblers for TDK, then either it's used in a bunch of pretty "strenuous" scenes, or they might need "replacements," depending on what happens to it.

-- Admiral Nelson

when i was on set in chicago during the filming of begins i never saw more than 4. then i ended up talking to the "batmobile wranglers' and i was told there 4 cars total. a few of them had breakaway "fenders' for crashes and it was very very loud and fast. the sound of the tires was awesome.

i know ive said it before but watching the tumbler hit 90 mph on chicago city streets was something i wont forget. a few of my friends are involved with the production and i promise to post set reports later this summer.

Huh, it was much bigger when Begins was filming...(hooray for special features :woot: ).

Might be one designed for a crash scene or something.

depends what there using it for..there must be a chase..other wise the car would be there.. well not ten of them anyway.

the car is gonna get the **** beat out of it.

we cant be far of seeing shots of Bale in costume..next month i hope.

If you can burn down Wayne Manor you can blow up that monster-truck tumbler.

worst. batmobile. ever. (yes that includes the Adam West version)

If you can burn down Wayne Manor you can blow up that monster-truck tumbler.

worst. batmobile. ever. (yes that includes the Adam West version)

Don't diss the Westmobile.
modernbat.jpg

He's coming to getcha!
adam_west.jpg

I'd expect a short teaser in the summer, and a trailer in November.

Found the following on desmodus01's journal. Right next to his office they're building sets and props for the TDK shoot in Chicago plus 10 Batmobiles are been stored there as well! He managed to get a pic of one.

From desmodus01:

Source link:http://desmodus01.livejournal.com/

hey retro, SICK find man! i know im a little late but i just saw it so i thought i'd give u props for the find. it looks like the Tumbler has a slightly more streamlined profile than in BB (i know its not the finished model, but u can kinda see it even here, or at least i can)

i wouldn't expect a teaser until christmas..

potter is a no show for a teaser... i just hope when a teaser does show up its not a short teaser with 2 pictures of batman in them :)

Well, as the girlfriend isn´t watching...

*blows kiss to Miranda*

This I think she won´t mind

*gives Retro firm, manly hand shake*

Probably follow the same pattern as Spidey 3 - teaser in November, trailer in Dec/Jan, another trailer in March, etc...

I can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"