The Dark Knight Trilogy

Reaction score
Does anyone else think its a shame that batman begins was called batman begins now that nolans trilogy is quite widely known as the dark knight trilogy.

Not really important but just popped into my head.

It once popped into my head too, when the 3rd film was announced.

I had this conclusion long before the little was announced: No matter what the last film would be called, people would still refer the series as The Dark Knight Trilogy.

The film is kinda like the symbol of the trilogy.

It once popped into my head too, when the 3rd film was announced.

I had this conclusion long before the little was announced: No matter what the last film would be called, people would still refer the series as The Dark Knight Trilogy.

The film is kinda like the symbol of the trilogy.

Yeah I guess your right with that.

The Dark Knight Begins - Doesn't really sound as good.
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises

I personally think they should have just called The Dark Knight "The Joker" because Heath stole that film for me.

Not saying Bale or any of the others were bad because it was great performances all round but everyone will always remember them scars.

Never knew it was called that until I saw the trailer for Man of Steel before I watched TDKR for the first time and it said Nolan was 'Director of the Dark Knight trilogy'..

I suppose 'Batman Begins' had to be the name because it was a reboot after so long and they needed the 'Batman' there for maximum coverage or whatever.

Batman Begins fit perfectly because it is the beginning of Batman, but the new suit is the "knight" look Nolan wanted, so when the next two films had The Dark Knight in it, then it fits. Plus, having the third having Rises goes back to the first film with it being called Begins in a way as well.

I've grown used to it. Batman Begins is better than The Dark Knight Begins, anyway. But the only thing I'd prefer would maybe be instead of Batman Begins, the trilogy could have been...

The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Falls
The Dark Knight Rises

i think batman begins was simply nolan "playing it safe" the first time around. and that included keeping the name batman in the title, which i prefer. despite it being an origin story, he still kept pretty much to the batman-movie-forumla of the past films, that by the films end hes fighting a super villian in some OTT way. im not a Begins fan really, but it was defintly more a "batman" movie then the later 2. TDK was nolan doing his own thing, obviously making it more "crime thriller" then "batman movie". for many the movies only saveing grace was ledgers joker, but i failed to be impressed with his performance simply because he did not remind me of anything joker. more like some random pshyopath no different then a makeup wearing scorpio from dirty harry. people talk about burton changing penguin, but...look at nolans joker. my God. penguin is a different story. that character in the comics is boring. burton gave him interesting backstory and depth he could never have had in the comics. but what nolan did to joker was just unnessacary. why mess with perfection? just to be different from nicholson, you made joker a greasy hobo? i dunno....not what i was hopeing they would do.

anyway, TDK and TDKR were more nolans movies then it was anything really batman to me. tim burton for me, his style fits batman. nolan should have just stuck with making crime thrillers and pshycological thrillers rather then making a batman movie. anyway thats the way i feel about the whole thing.

Each name fit Batman's journey perfectly in each movie. I wouldn't change them.

The best superhero movie trilogy.

Each name fit Batman's journey perfectly in each movie. I wouldn't change them.

The best superhero movie trilogy.
That's how I see it. Since the titles don't come until the end, it's like a status Bruce earns. Batman Begins- he's got the suit, the alliance with Gordon, and he saved Gotham City, so now he's officially Batman. His sacrifice for Harvey and Gotham earns him the title "Dark Knight". Then, finally, he rises to a higher plateau of hero.

Yes the titles represent a journey. From becoming batman to becoming gotham's Dark Knight to the Dark Knight rising up again after falling.

I personally think they should have just called The Dark Knight "The Joker" because Heath stole that film for me.

According to an interview with Michael Caine (was in an Australian magazine called Time Out) they were going to call it the Joker. He said something to the extent of "...well we are doing 'The Joker' now...That's what they're calling the film" However, his information around that time 2006-2007 was pretty ordinary...

Lol no that was never going to happen. Michael caine is a great actor but his insider info is usually very off.

I remember right after The Dark Knight was released he was quoted as saying he spoke to studio insiders who told him that johnny depp was going to be cast as the riddle and phillip seymore hoffman as the penguin in the upcoming sequel.

i honestly think TDKR was poorly titled.

my first choice was Gotham Knight or rather, Gotham Rises

Last edited:

my first choice was Gotham Knight or just Gotham

If they continued the story with Blake as Batman, Nightwing, Robin or whoever I quite like the idea for calling it Gotham. Especially if it doesn't continue as Batman.

um, how about just plain "BATMAN RISES"? cmon, these overly smart, pretentious "trying so hard to be different" titles are rediculous.

You didn't fix anything. You just quoted me, and altered what I said in the quote to suit your opinion.

A silly and pointless thing to do. It's not going to change my opinion lol.

Gotham Knight would have been a great title for any installment, but that was given to that one animated film(which sucked, lol).

I never had a problem with The Dark Knight Rises myself. It fits, and typing out TDKR just makes me think of The Dark Knight Returns which was a huge chunk of inspiration for the threequel.

Does anyone else think its a shame that batman begins was called batman begins now that nolans trilogy is quite widely known as the dark knight trilogy.

Not really important but just popped into my head.
It's just the same for Empire Strikes Back and Return Of The Jedi to be under the Star Wars Trilogy banner so I'm ok with it.

I still think The Dark Knight Rises is a bit lazy as a title, though it has some meaning.

I think the titles in sequence represent an evolution of the character more than anything. He went from being Batman in BATMAN BEGINS to a darker, more serious, tortured version in THE DARK KNIGHT, and finally, THE DARK KNIGHT RISES indicates Bruce's "rise" from that despair, and Blake apparently taking on the mantle.

You didn't fix anything. You just quoted me, and altered what I said in the quote to suit your opinion.

A silly and pointless thing to do. It's not going to change my opinion lol.

u nerd. chill pill. you need one.

They should keep the realistic angle just to stick it to the moronic WB higher ups for going with a new interpretation this soon.

I have always hated the title of "The Dark Knight Rises". Agree that both Gotham knight and Gotham Rises were much better titles.

Reminds me of Pitch Black being under "Chronicles of Riddick".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"