The Darth and Leaguer Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

hippy fascist

Avenger
Reaction score
Who deleted the first one and locked the second

Come on people, does it really matter if a large section of the DC comic boards has a thread in which we can all congregate ,irrespective of whether it's "on topic". The posters on this board keep it going.

Taking away what is essentially the dc forum's lounge thread (which helps reduce off topic discussion in other threads therefore doing you a favour), which matt has previously stated every sub forum is entitled to, is frankly childish. Does it really matter what the thread's called?

If you're going to go round deleting people's posts/locking their threads you could at least send a pm explaining why...otherwise how are we supposed to know what we're doing wrong? :huh:

It was me, hippy. I spent some time reading the old one and you peeps went a bit overboard in there so trashed that one and decided you don't deserve to make a new one at this time

how did we go overboard exactly? I'd like some examples

Thanks

I'm waiting

Just out of interest, how did what was said compare to say... a 30+ yr old moderator hitting on underage girls in the photo thread.

Which is more likely to damage the teenage users of the hype?

The other mods agree to trash the thread so be thankful that's all we did

Come on, Morg... is there any specific post or posts as to which justly deserve the closings of the threads?

Why is it that anytime there's a thread/problem/anything involving Hippy or I, Morg is there to "save" the day? I just find it incredibly suspect that Morg is the only one in there closing my threads, threads involving me or Hippy, threads that we may have passed gas on, Morg is there. I mean, I am not one to play the victim card, but 98% of the posts there are a year old, and the thread had been dead for 10 months before Hippy bumped it. You're telling me that the content of the thread has changed between those 10 months? No. I'll tell what has changed, Morg's attitude towards us. 10 months ago, I didn't have a problem with Morg, heck, you can find instances where I defended him. But now, I've had my fair share of run ins with Morg and now, we're all feeling the wrath of his personal vendetta. Fine, close the thread, but why trash it? There was comedy gold there, stuff that can never be retrieved now because Morg caught feelings and is using his power as a mod to reek vengeance on all those that have wronged, i.e. called him out on his inability to moderate.

I also find it hard to believe that all the mods agreed to trash it, considering....Drakon was laughing his ass off by a series of posts from that thread in the Tivo thread. Drakon, an admin. What exactly is your problem Morg? Lets have some open dialogue here and maybe we can all come to an understanding here and be at peace.

If you don't explain what behavior it was that caused a thread to get deleted, then you are doomed to forever have that behavior repeated again and again.

jag

The other mods agree to trash the thread so be thankful that's all we did

Wait, is that some kind of threat? If you want to ban me for the content of that thread, do it. But please, don't come in here and act like I should be thankful all you did was destroy comedic gold.

This total lack of transparency the mods have nowadays needs to stop. This is getting ridiculous, especially in Morg's case.

I love how we're not getting any answers here, which is frustrating. I realize and know the mods have lives and the rest of us don't, but all this cloak and dagger stuff is annoying. I'm trying to be polite and not go off in my usual darthphere obscenity laced tirades, but will someone, anyone say something?

I believe in Darthphere

If Drakon can read the thread and find it funny, then I see no reason to close it.

I'm waiting

Just out of interest, how did what was said compare to say... a 30+ yr old moderator hitting on underage girls in the photo thread.

Which is more likely to damage the teenage users of the hype?

wtf?:wow:

I believe in Darthphere

If Drakon can read the thread and find it funny, then I see no reason to close it.

Well it's not like Drakon's opinion is gospel or anything, but Morg claims all the other mods were in agreement.

I mean, if we went overboard so to speak, delete said posts in which we supposedly went overboard, and move on. And I still stand by the fact that I believe we didn't go overboard at all. I mean, there was some stuff about monkey sex, but that's nature. They show that stuff on the Discovery Channel.

there was some stuff about monkey sex, but that's nature. They show that stuff on the Discovery Channel.

Reminds me of a song.....

So which mod was hitting on teen girls? As Ali G says, "Respect, aye!"

Look, can't we just come to a compromise here? All we're asking for is:

1. Morg give us a detailed explanation to why the thread was trashed. This includes: which posts we're overly offensive, and why. Why the decision was made to trash it instead of deleting the offensive material, and why it wasn't just locked instead of trashed.

2. If said thread cannot be brought back, allow us to create a similar thread and have it be monitored any mod, except for Morg for any offensive posts violating the Terms of Use we all agreed to.

3. In the future, have another mod that is not Morg handle any problems that arise in the comic book forums, or any forum that involves the posters Hippy Fascist, Darthphere, The Leaguer or anyone involved in the organization known as ASSHAT.

Look, can't we just come to a compromise here? All we're asking for is:

1. Morg give us a detailed explanation to why the thread was trashed. This includes: which posts we're overly offensive, and why. Why the decision was made to trash it instead of deleting the offensive material, and why it wasn't just locked instead of trashed.

2. If said thread cannot be brought back, allow us to create a similar thread and have it be monitored any mod, except for Morg for any offensive posts violating the Terms of Use we all agreed to.

3. In the future, have another mod that is not Morg handle any problems that arise in the comic book forums, or any forum that involves the posters Hippy Fascist, Darthphere, The Leaguer or anyone involved in the organization known as ASSHAT.

Those sound like demands DP... For those of us who just got here. What's gone down?

Those sound like demands DP... For those of us who just got here. What's gone down?

Absolutely nothing.

And they're not demands at all. It's just stuff I'd like to happen. If a mod closes a thread, bans someone etc. they should explain why and be detailed about it. Any mod can close a thread and just say "You guys went overboard" but a good mod shows us how and why we went overboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"