The Darth and Leaguer Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely nothing.

And they're not demands at all. It's just stuff I'd like to happen. If a mod closes a thread, bans someone etc. they should explain why and be detailed about it. Any mod can close a thread and just say "You guys went overboard" but a good mod shows us how and why we went overboard.

Little ban notes. Never prove anything, i've seen it on other forums, it just gives unscrupulous mods another tool to mock people with. The mods here really are nowhere near as bad as many places. Some would ban you just for being critical of them, which can lead to all sorts of fun. ;)

My advice, just forget it.

1. Morg give us a detailed explanation to why the thread was trashed. This includes: which posts we're overly offensive, and why. Why the decision was made to trash it instead of deleting the offensive material, and why it wasn't just locked instead of trashed.

To be honest this is all I want

I've had disagreements with Dew in the past but she ALWAYS takes the time to explain what you've done wrong so you can actually LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKE or at least have to opportunity to put your case across

The same could be said of Hunter Rider or Dog Lips and Drak always gives people the opportunity to put their point across when things are getting a bit heated.

Morg and matt on the other hand simply delete or lock. Explanations actually have to be REQUESTED from these two, assuming the poster can somehow magically deduce who it was that deleted their post.

If mods take the time to explain what infraction has occured then posters can learn from their mistakes and other posters can get an object lesson in how not to post. Transparency builds trust but also serves to create a greater understanding of what is and isn't acceptable.

Morg's thread closures usually end with something akin to "I'm right, you're wrong, so deal with it" If they're in the right they should have nothing to hide and be happy to deal with problems out in the open.

That's all we're asking for

wtf is ASSHAT?

Whirlysplat, ever since Morg has been a Mod, he's been deleting entire threads with just a few illegal posts instead of just deleting those posts like a mod is supposed to do. Also, he's been misusing his powers and he closes a "we want an explanation" thread without an explanation leaving himself with the last word instead of coming to a consensus.

I think we've all come to the realization that Morg is never going to be de-modded, I can live with that. At this point, all I'm asking is that anything a problem arises with me, personally, I'd like another mod to handle it. The reason being is that anytime Morg handles anything in relation to me, it's going to be seen as an action taken with bias.

There are two mods who do this a lot! One is Morg in general and the other is C. Lee in the religious threads.

I've had disagreements with Dew in the past but she ALWAYS takes the time to explain what you've done wrong so you can actually LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKE or at least have to opportunity to put your case across

The same could be said of Hunter Rider or Dog Lips and Drak always gives people the opportunity to put their point across when things are getting a bit heated.

Morg and matt on the other hand simply delete or lock. Explanations actually have to be REQUESTED from these two, assuming the poster can somehow magically deduce who it was that deleted their post.

If mods take the time to explain what infraction has occured then posters can learn from their mistakes and other posters can get an object lesson in how not to post. Transparency builds trust but also serves to create a greater understanding of what is and isn't acceptable.

Morg's thread closures usually end with something akin to "I'm right, you're wrong, so deal with it" If they're in the right they should have nothing to hide and be happy to deal with problems out in the open.

With a little bit more transparency, this thread/issue would not have blown up like it has and this could've been dealt with hours ago.

wtf is ASSHAT?

Whirlysplat, ever since Morg has been a Mod, he's been deleting entire threads with just a few illegal posts instead of just deleting those posts like a mod is supposed to do. Also, he's been misusing his powers and he closes a "we want an explanation" thread without an explanation leaving himself with the last word instead of coming to a consensus.

Mods can do that, it's not ethical, but, they can. A forum is not a democracy. Unless you are prepared to go outlaw. Which can be helluva fun..... You have to accept the moderations actions.

I think we've all come to the realization that Morg is never going to be de-modded, I can live with that. At this point, all I'm asking is that anything a problem arises with me, personally, I'd like another mod to handle it. The reason being is that anytime Morg handles anything in relation to me, it's going to be seen as an action taken with bias.
I think we've seen countless times he does it to everyone and not just you DP.

Mods can do that, it's not ethical, but, they can. A forum is not a democracy. Unless you are prepared to go outlaw. We can be helluva fun..... You have to accept the moderations actions.
There are a lot of good mods on here. DL, HR, Dew, C. Lee (sometimes), LS! (when he was one), Malice, Excelsior, and Matt has become very understanding too. Morg however I cannot agree with as a mod.

There are a lot of good mods on here. DL, HR, Dew, C. Lee (sometimes), LS! (when he was one), Malice, Excelsior, and Matt has become very understanding too. Morg however I cannot agree with as a mod.

I don't disagree over the good mods. I don't really have a problem with Morg either. I will predict this, you won't get a change. If the admin and mods start giving in ,because, of pressure groups, the ability to do the job they need to is compromised.

But this issue with Morg has been going on since before you even registered with the Hype.

It's a constant reign of terror

Morg's bias isn't reserved for the first 100 posters he encountered upon being modded

New people are being added to his hitlist every day...

Yes, but I was stating the fact that this has gone on too long not that "the reason you don't know about this is because you're teh n00bz!" th reason you don't know is that you aren't to active as a poster.

Yes, but I was stating the fact that this has gone on too long not that "the reason you don't know about this is because you're teh n00bz!" th reason you don't know is that you aren't to active as a poster.

Fair enough, I take your point, and when I am on I usually avoid social interaction and just have fun. I haven't really noticed Morg much.

Ok I admit i am not totally sure what is going on here but i did read the post that was reported, the one made by the Leaguer about Assassin shoving things up his ass, irreverent and silly yes but never struck me as much more than that.

I'd say that all sections need a lounge, it's a natural thing, as for the thread that was trashed, it stays locked but i can move it back so it can be read.

It's a constant reign of terror

Morg's bias isn't reserved for the first 100 posters he encountered upon being modded

New people are being added to his hitlist every day...

You get over enthusiastic mods on all forums. They can usually be spotted because they go on about "ban hammers" etc. It's pretty sad but funny stuff. Don't worry about it.

Ok I admit i am not totally sure what is going on here but i did read the post that was reported, the one made by the Leaguer about Assassin shoving things up his ass, irreverent and silly yes but never struck me as much more than that.

I'd say that all sections need a lounge, it's a natural thing, as for the thread that was trashed, it stays locked but i can move it back so it can be read.

Thanks Hunter :up:

So it looks like not "all" of the mods were in agreement on this one then ;)

I've never seen this happen before on any other forum.......

I'm not sure what to make of it.

Let's see, saw a whole page of ASS you and ASS that, monkey sex and homo cracks and some not so nice fecal sex crap and more. Yeah trashing it was a good ideal.

I usually close and post a link to a thread already up or tell the user the thread needed to be closed due to being way off topic or something or just merge it with the one already up if I can. Sometimes I don't have the time to post a reason, I got a job to do and tons of other things to do also. I'm really busy this week, got appointments to go to and make, pack up for Vegas and tons of other things to do so pardon me not being able to get to you ASAP.

BTW the infraction shows the poster which post he or she getting the infraction for. We don't have to tell them since they get a copy of it.

I think he wanted an explanation on why the thread was deleted and why it was prohibited to recreate it not why the poster got an infraction.

And here I thought i'd get some ASSHAT brownie points by letting Darth know a new D&L thread had been created. He was caught in a wicked and ridiculous Cloverfield slap fight and by the time the guy gets 2 posts in the thread is locked.

So am I to understand the DC boards don't have the privilege to a lounge? Sounds a bit unconstitutional to me.

The Games forum has lost it's ability to lounge, as well. Hell, the Games forum has really gotten the shaft recently (and Matt, don't come at me with this being the "Alternative", it was a bull**** situation WELL in advance). I'd really hate to see this spread throughout Hype, but I think that's where it's heading.

You're a beautiful person Hunter Rider.

Also, as a fellow mod, how do you feel about Morg outright lying and putting words in your mouth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"