The DC direct thread

GoldenAgeHero

Avenger
Reaction score
i know marvel legends is all the rage and what not, but i realy dont care for that line. im more into the sculpture then an action figure having 40+ articulation points which i think is unnecessary. but to each his/her own. anywho this thread is for fans of dc direct toys, etc.

im thinking about getting some of the action figures of teen titans

heres a few pics.
3132_a_full.jpg

this one is superboy, i think it looks really sweet.

3134_a_full.jpg

this deathstroke one looks really badas

3180_a_full.jpg

you can check out others at this link

They're really not my thing... I saw 'em at a store, and I laughed. The Deathstroke 'aint bad, pretty cool actually. But the others.. I just hate.

I'm more of a fan of the DC Direct statues. I'm waiting for the Rude/Matthews Batman: Black and White, some of the Women of DC mini-busts and the Superman Forever designed by Alex Ross.

Mister J said:
I'm more of a fan of the DC Direct statues. I'm waiting for the Rude/Matthews Batman: Black and White, some of the Women of DC mini-busts and the Superman Forever designed by Alex Ross.

superman forever?

I have Deathstroke and had the Superboy. Both are very cool. I just decided I really didn't need Superboy after all so I traded him a month or so ago.

Honestly DCD usually does a great job with the sculpts but, as always, it'd be nice for a lil more added articulation. Just a few cut joints would be great. But overall I'm into DCD because they have Batman and his allies/rogues. If he were Marvel I'd probably only have 5 DCDs instead of 30+.

GoldenAgeHero said:
superman forever?

SUPERMAN FOREVER #1 Statue

Designed by Alex Ross; Sculpted by Karen Palinko

Based on one of the most popular Alex Ross covers ever!
This limited edition, hand-painted cold cast porcelain statue measures approximately 12" H x 6" W x 6" D, includes a full-color Certificate of Authenticity and is packaged in a 4-color box.

$195.00 US | On Sale October 4, 2006

A bit pricey, but every now and then, I'll pick something like this up.

It is a damn cool statue.

HEy Rough, you plan on getting any of those DCD 12" figures??? I plan on getting the Batman one (I think it comes out in October) and maybe the Two-Face. Actually, I'll probably pass on Two-Face and wait for a Joker.

Roughneck said:
Limited to how many? I think I'll buy one.

They haven't specified and I can't even get an estimate from my local store. I'm hoping there's at least 2,000 (preferably 2,500). Any less and I usually have to look to independent dealers (who sometimes sell above value :()

That sucks Mister J. I hate the damn scalpers.

I only have a very limited interest in DC Direct. Too much money for too little action figure if you ask me.

Hopefully, Mattel's DC Superheroes line will obsolete DC Direct in both price and fun.

They do, but I must fully complain about Ross Flash. He was the only Ross Justice figure I needed (since I'm planning on getting everyone of them and make a "Justice League" shelf and a "Legion of Doom" shelf) and I just got him this Saturday (for $10 at Spencers :up:). Anyway, I really dislike the ose of his feet. It just doesn't make sense for his feet to be tilted in order to pose him running.

Now, we all know Flash runs, its his friggin' claim to fame. We all know that. But it just doesn't match up with the others. Supes, Bats, Aquaman and Black Canary are all standing regular, and make a group pose pretty nicely. Wonder Woman, Plastic Man and Hal Jordan in the 3rdwave are all standing regularly, as are Hawkman, Capt. Marvel and Zatanna in the 4th wave. All I'm saying is it would've been better if he was in a standing pose like the others. The running pose LOOKS fine, I'm not saying its stupid or lookswrong BUT all the others that have released or are going to be released are standing in statuesque poses and he's not. BUT, I'll be doing a lil modification so I can be happy.

Other than that I'm happy.

Cyclops said:
I only have a very limited interest in DC Direct. Too much money for too little action figure if you ask me.

Hopefully, Mattel's DC Superheroes line will obsolete DC Direct in both price and fun.

Ya the price is an issue for some, I can understand...but I usually only buy the ones of really great quality.

Mattel's DC Superheroes line wont do sh^t. The figures are awful and they cant even get licenses to produce figs outside Batman/Supes.

FEAR THE BAT said:
They do, but I must fully complain about Ross Flash. He was the only Ross Justice figure I needed (since I'm planning on getting everyone of them and make a "Justice League" shelf and a "Legion of Doom" shelf) and I just got him this Saturday (for $10 at Spencers :up:). Anyway, I really dislike the ose of his feet. It just doesn't make sense for his feet to be tilted in order to pose him running.

Now, we all know Flash runs, its his friggin' claim to fame. We all know that. But it just doesn't match up with the others. Supes, Bats, Aquaman and Black Canary are all standing regular, and make a group pose pretty nicely. Wonder Woman, Plastic Man and Hal Jordan in the 3rdwave are all standing regularly, as are Hawkman, Capt. Marvel and Zatanna in the 4th wave. All I'm saying is it would've been better if he was in a standing pose like the others. The running pose LOOKS fine, I'm not saying its stupid or lookswrong BUT all the others that have released or are going to be released are standing in statuesque poses and he's not. BUT, I'll be doing a lil modification so I can be happy.

Other than that I'm happy.

I just put him in an action-like fighting stance:

Picture136.jpg

I love DCD for one reason: They are (or can be) the BEST looking action figures out there. I buy most of my figures for the "look" factor, and DCD can make a figure with standard articulation and pull it off.

Very true VR.

And CrisisSupes, your pose is fine but for me I planned on standing them in a group side by side and that pose just won't fit what I plan on doing.

The other Alex Ross figs are hit and miss.. notice I only bought a few and merged them into my collection. The scale seems to be even too in the ones Ive selected. Im getting the Hawkman 4 sure also.

Crisis Superman said:
I just put him in an action-like fighting stance:

I've always thought that Flash fig looked goofy. He has this dumb smirk on his face and he's cross-eyed.

Crisis Superman said:
Ya the price is an issue for some, I can understand...but I usually only buy the ones of really great quality.

Mattel's DC Superheroes line wont do sh^t. The figures are awful and they cant even get licenses to produce figs outside Batman/Supes.

I dunno, man... I've seen non-promo photos of Superman and he looks INCREDIBLE. In my opinion he looks better than any DCD rendition of him I've seen yet, and that's a pretty good sign.

The first series was nothing more than something to introduce the line with while using old figures redeco'd for a new release.

KingOfDreams said:
I've always thought that Flash fig looked goofy. He has this dumb smirk on his face and he's cross-eyed.

He definately isnt cross eyed but Ill give u the dumb smirk tho (but I like that for him, makes him different and interesting).

Cyclops said:
I dunno, man... I've seen non-promo photos of Superman and he looks INCREDIBLE. In my opinion he looks better than any DCD rendition of him I've seen yet, and that's a pretty good sign.

LOL I thought april fools was over? I saw it. Its not as good as the DCD Superman. The sculpt and paint isnt that great. Looks like a cheaper version of it. The supergirl sucks. I havent seen the other ones but the Batman wave was pretty bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumilumi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"