The DCU Animation Thread. - Part 1

Every night on Boomarang I watch JLU and it makes me miss this show so much. So decide to create a thread for all dc animated movies, shows, dtv. Please feel free to share you favorite eps or dislikes to eps. So to start this thread of right I present ( and this my own opinion) the best Batman movie to date.

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (also known as Batman: The Animated Movie) is a 1993 animated superhero film based on the fictional DC Comics character Batman. Eric Radomski and Bruce Timm directed the film, which stars Kevin Conroy as Batman, as well as Dana Delany, Hart Bochner, Mark Hamill, Abe Vigoda, and Stacy Keach. The film's storyline introduces Andrea Beaumont, an old love interest of Bruce Wayne, who returns to Gotham City, restarting their romance as well. At the same time, a mysterious murderer begins systematically eliminating Gotham's crime bosses, and due to the person's dark appearance, he is mistaken for Batman. Now on the run, Batman must solve the mystery and deal with the romance between himself and Andrea.

Development for the film started after the success of Batman: The Animated Series. Warner Bros. assigned Alan Burnett to write the story, and Burnett collaborated with writers Paul Dini, Michael Reaves, and Martin Pasko. The original idea was to release the film as direct-to-video, but the studio decided for a theatrical release, giving the filmmakers a strenuous eight-month schedule. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm was released with positive critical success, but resulted into a dismal box office due to the decision to release the film in theaters on such short notice. Mask of the Phantasm has since found success with home video and DVD releases.

Its funny that Warner Bros. never did a special edition to this film...quite a shame.

The Dark Knight Returns are you hyped?!

I know it probably won t happen but I'd like to see Action Comics #500 "The Life Story of Superman" turned into a DC animated movie. Just to see Curt Swan Superman in animation.

I know it probably won t happen but I'd like to see Action Comics #500 "The Life Story of Superman" turned into a DC animated movie. Just to see Curt Swan Superman in animation.

Hmmm I have not read that one:doh:

I've been watching the Justice League cartoons. About to start Starcrossed here in a bit then on to JLU. Love the DCAU!

I wouldn't bet on their sticking to the artist's style. Superman vs. the Elite adapted one of my favorite Superman stories of all time... in a style that's about as far as you can get from Doug Mahnke's visceral, gritty art style. :csad:

The Dark Knight Returns are you hyped?!

I caught it online. :o It's funny, these DC dtvs always leak a week or so before they drop officially, heh.

It looks beautiful, the voice acting I thought was excellent after being unsure of how good some actors would do from the trailer (Weller as Batman, the Mutant Leader), the action is nicely done and I'd rank it right up there with Phantasm and Red Hood. Probably above Red Hood.

That said, I prefer the comic as it's more raw. Some of the more controversial scenes from the book were either cut out or toned down for the dvd.

Do you guys think that in the upcoming Superman: Brainiac animated movie that Superman will look like Christopher Reeve?

Do you guys think that in the upcoming Superman: Brainiac animated movie that Superman will look like Christopher Reeve?

Wow...I had no idea this was even happening. Cool!

At this point, since Timm introduced Brainaic using pieces of this story in STAS, my main question is how they will differentiate the two incarnations. Maybe that doesn't really matter since STAS was a while ago.

HMM...awesome news!

DCAU old enemy and friend I have a strong love and hate relationship with the universe:word:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"