• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Death of Batman (?!?!?)

The weight of the cowl and cape is more then just the material....its the responsibility that goes with it.

Dick Grayson wore it himself and found it most difficult. Towards the end of his term as the Gotham Defender; he made reference to the mantle of the bat being a curse on his heart.

Since DC was able to get away with the concept of a evil version of the JLA as the Titans; Tim Drake's take of the Batman showed to be a Batman using a gun utilizing extreme measures and instead of imprisoning his prey; he shoots them.

However, should the time come for Tim to properly grow into his role as batman; then we'll see a unique amalgamation of Bruce's training with Tim's interpretation of each scenario can bring about a new twist into the batman.

That doesn't even make sense, why the hell would joker kill Batman himself?...he'll have no toy to play with.

I don't understand this duality thing that fans seem obsessed with. its miller's fault with dkr probably, but I don't buy the 'no batman means no joker' crap that people seem to love. the characters are vaguely opposites (figure of order in a frightening outfit, figure of chaos in a friendly outfit), but thats really about it. The Joker lives as an agent of chaos, he's opposed to figures which attempt to impose order (such as Batman). He's self centred enough that messing with the one man who could stop him becomes an obsession, but when presented with the perfect opportunity to kill Batman in a humorous fashion (a perfect 'punchline' as he'd call it), he'd do it. There's more than enough comics where the Joker tries hard to kill Batman, but fails.

like in BTAS "The Man who killed Batman", I'm sure Joker might temporarily be a bit annoyed to lose one of his main sources of entertainment (especially if he's not the one who gets the do the deed, as in that episode), but his attention span is short enough that he'll get over it and find somebody else to mess with (move to Metropolis?).

Batman isn't defined by the Joker, nor is the Joker especially defined by the Batman.

Didnt want to start a whole thread to ask this as its a bit of a dumb question. I don't read Batman, I'm pretty much strictly a Marvel guy through and through with the exception of GA. But I always check out preview pages on Batman titles just to keep up with the gist of whats going on in general, and I got to thinking... with the whole Batman is the real him and Bruce is the cover, do we even see Bruce Wayne in the Batman titles anymore? Aside from cowl off Batman or something I mean. I just thought that with him being so focussed and obsessed with his life mission, maybe the writers dont tend to bother much with his maintaining a semblance of a normal life these days.

Nope, he's hairy chested sex God Bruce quite often these days since he lightened up a bit during OYL.

That doesn't even make sense, why the hell would joker kill Batman himself?...he'll have no toy to play with.

remove yourself from this site.

Also, Tim being Batman doesn't sound all interesting to me, I have no idea why people are so eager to see him as bats and like mee said, Tim being bats isn't going to chnage him..so whats the point?

I dont think you read my post properly.

I didn't mention anything about The Joker killing Batman, I mentioned the Joker KILLING HIMSELF.

I think you should be the one leaving until you stop selective reading :bh:

How the hulk ended up in the Death of Batman is a mystery ....only Batman can solve it....but alas, the prick is dead.

Oh wait no he's not.......

Or is it a skrull?

Nope, Alternate Universe White Martian.

I think Batman will be deadified and then he get's taken to the last lazarus pit.

Whatever, i don't care what happens as long as Damien dies in the proccess. Maybe he's just a clone so Bruce won't actually give that much of a damn,

6a00b8ea072de81bc000e39898e14d0005-200pi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"