The NEW Batman?

You know what I'd like to see? Is Batman getting raped and killed, and then it turns out that Tim Drake did it to keep Wonder Girl from breaking up with him. And then it turns out Batman's been getting raped by Killer Croc for years, except the Mad Hatter mindwipes them both every time it happens. There's a comic I'd like to see them go and do.

If your argument is "there's no point caring about anything because none of it really matters," then what's keeping you from quitting comics altogether?

You know, i've kinda been asking myself that for the last few weeks.....

This is all just a stunt,you can't kill Batman.There would be huge after effects,and not all of them good.

Countdown 24 lol. DC should've used that to sell the issue. I would've really laughed.

Countdown 24 lol. DC should've used that to sell the issue. I would've really laughed.

seriously? i'm behind on my Countdown reading.

i also think this whole kill-Batman-turn-him-into-a-New-God is a bunch of baloney. just when theres a concerted effort of DC and WB to build up their Big 3 and the JLA you kill one of the big guns off? counterproductive isnt it?

Well, DC's "out" is that there are technically around 52 Batmen. So in Countdown, "a" Superman (most likely Prime) is going around killing versions of characters. So "a" Batman died today. Is it "our" Batman? No.

Will Batman turn into a New God? Well, I wrote about the metempsychosis angle earlier, it could work. But what is a New God? Dunno. I don't think New Gods have any spiritual significance, it just means that they are strong. So it probably isn't as big a deal as DC is trying to make it out to be. Also, it is just rumoring. MGS4 could also come out on 360 in late 2008.

Bruce Wayne's fate seems to be [BLACKOUT]death, only to become a New God and battle Darkseid[/BLACKOUT] in Final Crisis.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/columns/?column=13

Personally, I DIG the concept! Especially after viewing my JLU dvds...yeah, we get the whole "Perfect Human that can handle immortals" bit, but frankly, there's only so far you can go with gadgets. And the concept after seven decades is stale, which is why I don't like Batman Beyond. It was all about gadgets and tech, which is the only place left for Bats. At SOME point Brucie needs an upgrade to fully showcase his intellect. Besides, he could fight the good fight endlessly for Gotham, instead of shrivelling up to a fig or go through the whole half a***** successor thing again. As Bekka said, each "god" embodies a concept or fixation. For Bruce that could be FEAR.

More positives

He could hook up with Wondy or Bekka. Time would no longer be an issue.
Or *cough* Supes for those of you so inclined (see slash references)

If he DOES battle crag face, it would be the coolest...I'd love to see his fighting ability as a new god with what he knows! Can you imagine the moves, the speed, the power...

And it would be a twist, considering what's going on in Superman/Batman...

Ugh, uber-lame. Not having powers is kind of at the core of Batman's whole character.

Personally, I DIG the concept! Especially after viewing my JLU dvds...yeah, we get the whole "Perfect Human that can handle immortals" bit, but frankly, there's only so far you can go with gadgets. And the concept after seven decades is stale, which is why I don't like Batman Beyond. It was all about gadgets and tech, which is the only place left for Bats. At SOME point Brucie needs an upgrade to fully showcase his intellect. Besides, he could fight the good fight endlessly for Gotham, instead of shrivelling up to a fig or go through the whole half a***** successor thing again. As Bekka said, each "god" embodies a concept or fixation. For Bruce that could be FEAR.

More positives

He could hook up with Wondy or Bekka. Time would no longer be an issue.
Or *cough* Supes for those of you so inclined (see slash references)

If he DOES battle crag face, it would be the coolest...I'd love to see his fighting ability as a new god with what he knows! Can you imagine the moves, the speed, the power...

And it would be a twist, considering what's going on in Superman/Batman...

:down

LMAO

Well chances are he wont appreciate the pick up lines lol

Ok so let me get this straight... as if Batman isn't a demigod with his crazy preptime deus ex machina abilities. Now you decide to empower with him with New God powers. On top of that, you have Grant Morrison writing this...?

This is going to be comedy gold. :D

You know, I found out something interesting. A lot of the New Gods don't have any powers at all! Like Desaad. Others seem to, so there's no consistency. Or they've enhanced themselves by their obsession. In any case, I think it could work for Bruce.

You know, I found out something interesting. A lot of the New Gods don't have any powers at all! Like Desaad. Others seem to, so there's no consistency. Or they've enhanced themselves by their obsession. In any case, I think it could work for Bruce.
I never understood why those people were New Gods at all. What kind of ****ty god is indistinguishable from a normal human? Yeah, I'm looking at you, Scott Free. :o

Well, New Gods are really giants when compared to humans, like Devilance in 52. Going through Boom Tubes alter the size of the traveller.

Well, it's either that, or they're visually indistuinguished from humans at all.

Why would the latter be so strange? Half the DC universe looks like white humans anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"