The Defenders The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we will find out that Buck took over Defenders, and that Marvel thought he did such a stellar job that they would have him oversee all the Netflix series.

Instead of the last 15 minutes of episode 13 where DD suits up looks at his costume, it's only the 1st 15 minutes of episode 1. The rest is out of costume. :o

whats preferable, one punch and its over of the super strengths or the bloke in the back round getting worked over by matt.

You know, I'm amused that the corridor fight seems ( at least to me ) to be using Elektra as the Slowly Advancing Wall of Doom.

I think that the Defenders would be much better off split from the rest of the MCU for good as the Netflix shows are behind in terms of timeline from the rest of the MCU.

The Netflix series can exist in the MCU timeline but they don't have to acknowledge every little thing.

Maybe we will find out that Buck took over Defenders, and that Marvel thought he did such a stellar job that they would have him oversee all the Netflix series.

Instead of the last 15 minutes of episode 13 where DD suits up looks at his costume, it's only the 1st 15 minutes of episode 1. The rest is out of costume. :o

Omg... drop it. It isn't funny. We get it, you hate that they debut costumes on the last episode.

The Netflix series can exist in the MCU timeline but they don't have to acknowledge every little thing.

Omg... drop it. It isn't funny. We get it, you hate that they debut costumes on the last episode.

It seems like the only event that the Netflix shows keep referencing is the chitauri invasion. They even never made any references to any events that have taken place afterwards.

It seems like the only event that the Netflix shows keep referencing is the chitauri invasion. They even never made any references to any events that have taken place afterwards.

Because it's one of the few events that has happened in New York City/Hells Kitchen and actually effected them for a long time. All the other ones were in Sokovia (Age of Ultron), DC (Winter Soldier), Everywhere but NYC... I think (Civil War), San Francisco (Ant-Man). There hasn't really been anything to truly impact the small group of people in Hells Kitchen. While some of those events were rather large, it's easy for that to not be talked about as much as it doesn't directly effect them.

Because it's one of the few events that has happened in New York City/Hells Kitchen and actually effected them for a long time. All the other ones were in Sokovia (Age of Ultron), DC (Winter Soldier), Everywhere but NYC... I think (Civil War), San Francisco (Ant-Man). There hasn't really been anything to truly impact the small group of people in Hells Kitchen. While some of those events were rather large, it's easy for that to not be talked about as much as it doesn't directly effect them.

The Sokovia Accords might affect them though, especially if they officially become a team like the Avengers. Right now it doesn't matter at this point.

Last edited:
I think that the Defenders would be much better off split from the rest of the MCU for good as the Netflix shows are behind in terms of timeline from the rest of the MCU.

Not really. Phase 3 isn't taking place in real time. GotG2 takes up only a few months after GotG1. Homecoming takes up immediately after CW (BP is probably the same). Ragnarok is supposed to take up pretty soon after AoU.

This, times a million. It's so one note and annoying.

On the Marvel Wiki entry for Luke Cage, the events of Luke Cage take place in November 2015. If this is true, then Iron Fist is at least in December 2015 or January 2016 and the events in the Defenders takes place soon thereafter. And the events that kicked off Civil War doesn't take place until May 2016.

http://deviantart.com/art/The-Defenders-678727995

uYWUWux.jpg

On the Marvel Wiki entry for Luke Cage, the events of Luke Cage take place in November 2015. If this is true, then Iron Fist is at least in December 2015 or January 2016 and the events in the Defenders takes place soon thereafter. And the events that kicked off Civil War doesn't take place until May 2016.
Why should we believe the Marvel wiki entries? Anyone could've submitted those. Are they based on any type of facts?

Because I don't think that there will ever be a crossover between the movies and the Defenders.

In a recent interview, I asked Feige if a character showing up on TV 100 percent means they can’t end up in a movie in the future.

“Not necessarily,” Feige told io9. “The future’s a long time. So, the truth is, I don’t really know, but there are a lot of TV shows being made, and hopefully we’ll continue to make a lot of movies. At some point, there’s going to be a crossover. Crossover, repetition, or something.”

https://io9.gizmodo.com/kevin-feige-thinks-that-eventually-marvel-tv-and-movie-1794974004

Because I don't think that there will ever be a crossover between the movies and the Defenders.

Again, so? Why can't they just. . . continue not crossing over with the movies? Just because they live in the same world doesn't mean they have to meet.

The Sokovia Accords might affect them though, especially if they officially become a team like the Avengers. Right now it doesn't matter at this point.

Unless they decided to attempt copyright infringement, and rename themselves "the Avengers", it really wouldn't.

No they never had coffee. They made out some, and that's about it. They never had the opportunity to make a da sex.

Feige is a diplomat. He is being vague to throw journalists and fans aloof. if he really wanted to do it he would have done it ages ago. A reference in CW or Spider-man could be easy.

People need to accept it. The movie side doesn't care about the shows. The sooner you come in terms with it and enjoy the shows on their own world and corner of this universe the better.

The two sections run at very different paces. The tv side has to work very fast where a film in the MCU can be slowly worked on and developed and fit into a perfect section of the MCU timeline because they have the money to do that.

Why should we believe the Marvel wiki entries? Anyone could've submitted those. Are they based on any type of facts?
If the wiki in question is the MarvelCinematicUniverse wiki, they try to use tidbits from the actual films/series to help build their timeline (if there's contradictions, they'll usually go with information in the most recent thing to have come out).

The Luke Cage part of the timeline (for example) was roughly calculated (if I remember correctly) due to a combination of the basketball discussion happening in the first episode (the details of the NY Knick's "last season" matching with details of how our real world Knick's had actually peformed in their 2015 season), as well as a date that appears on a police cruisers dash camera later in the season.

It's by no means a foolproof timeline, but they try to work it out as best they can and try not to just throw dates out willy nilly without having some type of basis for figuring on that date.

Last edited:
Mike Coulter talked to some reporters last night and was asked about Sigourney Weaver's character, Alexandra, and said:

“The villains that we’re dealing with are a combination of several entities, um, and they all have something to do with our separate stories that have played out in each of our own individual series. So this has been going on for a while. It wasn’t obvious each individual series, but in this series you’ll find out that the things that happened to all of us basically were all because of one entity and that’s what’s gonna kind of tie things together and then we’ll see that, we’ll understand that, and before you know it, eventually we’ll fight together or not.”

We can already agree that The Hand is connecting Daredevil and Iron Fist together. But there could be more connections.

Is it safe to assume that Alexandra's company/companies have had a hand in giving them their powers or at least are connected. Both Matt and Jessica got theirs through the liquid/accidents. In Matts case, wasn't bad it a Rand company carrying it? Luke Cage was also tested on, using the same or similar liquid. Though I can't fully remember as that's when his first season started to slip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"