The Defenders The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_oupi0clNSD1rrkahjo5_540.gif
This shot gives me the chills. :hmr:

Looks to me like she knows Danny is throwing a punch so is just trying to slice/injure his arm.

Yeah, it is a little hard to tell without seeing the entire scene. However, Danny's stance is off if he is throwing like a power punch. Your opposite foot should be more forward to allow your body to get a fuller swing and to also be able to get your weight into it. The punch he is displaying is more of a jab from that position. However, with the Iron Fist every punch is a power punch I suppose.

As for Elektra, it appears like she is originally swinging with the intent to hit Matt / Daredevil who is ducking, but midway through her swing she see's Danny's glowing fist swinging towards the sword (perhaps thinking he is going to deflect it), so she decides she is going to impale his fist instead. However, it obviously did not go they way she thought it would.

Anyways that's the way I see it.

Surfer

This shot gives me the chills. :hmr:

Yeah, that is a cool shot, but my favorite part is when the thugs are shooting and Danny uses Luke as a bullet proof shield, and then as soon as the firing stops he comes out with a round house from behind Luke and starts kicking one guys butt while Luke takes out the other. Total Heroes for Hire moment for me.

Surfer

I made sure to have the Friday off from work so I can watch this.

I wish I took Friday off but it looks like I'll have to work and avoid all the spoilers till Saturday. I'm hoping the episode runtimes are 50+ minutes.

Fridays are good for me. I'm either off work completely or I get off at noon. The shows usually comes out at 10am here so I rarely have to wait long before being able to binge them.

tumblr_oupi0clNSD1rrkahjo5_540.gif

The Trinity of the Marvel Netflix universe.

I'm at home with the flu. So I am all set for Friday. :D

Crap, I just got called up, got to attend a meeting on Friday. I was going to take the whole day off too.

Why why why?? I've been waiting for 2 years for the Defenders and this happens.... :(

Crap, I just got called up, got to attend a meeting on Friday. I was going to take the whole day off too.

Why why why?? I've been waiting for 2 years for the Defenders and this happens.... :(

If they insist on you going to this meeting just turn up with your laptop and start it running at full volume and refuse to speak to anyone till the season is done.

I have continued my tradition of taking Friday off from work for the latest Marvel/Netflix release. :woo:

BTW, Variety seems to have updated their rankings of all the superhero shows on TV to include Defenders (it's #3, behind Jessica Jones and Legion): http://variety.com/gallery/best-superhero-tv-shows-ranked-worst-best/

I said this in a different context, but I dislike comparing previews (half seasons) to full seasons. Unless they haven't updated their rankings based on the full shows or have the full season of Defenders, I wish they'd wait until after it was out.

Unfortunately there's no way I'll be able to take off work Friday, but damn that's a good idea. I'll keep that in mind for the next Friday Netflix/Marvel premiere (probably the Punisher)

I'll be driving about two hours after work to go to my girlfriend's place and we'll watch it then. She's pretty excited as well.

So far, there are only four action sequences that I have been able to account for that involves all 4 members of the group.

1. The group's first meeting at Rand Industries, where Luke Cage, Matt, and Jessica save Danny.

2. The group taking on the hand inside the Chinese restaurant.

3. We've seen snippets of this sequence, but some of the shots shown involved Matt in costume but without his mask and everyone being hit by some kind of kinetic energy that pushes them away.

4. The underground fight where Danny's shirt is ripped open to show his iron fist mark, with Gao being present.

I kind hope that there is one more sequence involving all four that we have not seen as of yet.

I'm working on Friday but I'm working from home and I made sure that I had no meetings so yeah... Friday will be Defenders time! :D So excited!

I couldn't take Friday off. :( I'll have to wait until Friday night to start the binge.

Jon Schnepp said on Collider Heroes yesterday that Iron Fist is better on Defenders than on his own show.

Not hard to do, frankly. I sort of expected Danny to be better here.

Is it due to the writing or the acting or the action sequences? Because it'd have been hard for him not to be better on this than on his dreadful series.

BTW how big do you think this is going to be? The biggest ever in Netflix history maybe? Ratings wise I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"