The Defenders The Defenders General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord

All Mighty
Reaction score
Let's start, any guess of other members besides the ones from the other Netflix shows

I could see the follow characters making cameos:

White Tiger (since Marvel Animation using her)
Shang-Chi
Misty Knight
Squirrel Girl
Valkyrie
Clay Quartermaine

Ghost Rider would be a cool new edition. And it's not like he will be getting a new movie any time soon.

Ghost Rider would be cool but they probably want to test the waters first with these shows before, he is very vfx heavy and to even have him cameo would cost a lot. I think if Iron Fist is a huge success they'll consider Ghost Rider, maybe even giving him his own season.

Yeah the punisher really needs to show up in this universe.

Ghost Rider would be cool but they probably want to test the waters first with these shows before, he is very vfx heavy and to even have him cameo would cost a lot. I think if Iron Fist is a huge success they'll consider Ghost Rider, maybe even giving him his own season.

Variety reported that Disney were investing approximately $200 million into this project. Of course, a good chunk of it will be used for filming in New York itself, but that should still be more than enough to cover two or three "Ghost Rider" scenes. But we'll see, maybe they do want to take things slow as you say.

I really hope they don't cast any big names for this, primarily because I'd like to see more than one season. A big name will cost a lot, especially if you want multiple seasons of the character. And since it is on VOD and not regular TV, I doubt a big name cast will draw a lot of viewers.

Yeah, if they get any big names it should be for smaller parts. The leads should all be relatively unknown.

Who do you all want to be the threat? I'm thinking it'll be Kingpin, but I'm not sure they have the right s to him.

I can 99% guarantee you that the only members will be the four show leads, at least for the first "season". They might conceivably add people in later iterations, but it will be people introduced in later seasons of the shows.

And I *really* doubt Ghost Rider will be one of them. He'd be just plain too expensive, at least if you want him to look good at all.

As much as I would like to see the Punisher (and I think he suits a tv series much more than a movie) I think he would be too dark to fit into the tone of the MCU. Moon Knight however, that would be awesome.

Only one name : Frank Castle !

Yeah the punisher really needs to show up in this universe.

I wanna see Moon Knight.

Moon Knight
The Punisher
White Tiger

Hellllll yes, yes yes yes.

As much as I would like to see the Punisher (and I think he suits a tv series much more than a movie) I think he would be too dark to fit into the tone of the MCU. Moon Knight however, that would be awesome.

Hmmm no he's not too dark for the "tone" of the MCU. He needs to be a part of this universe. Have you watched any MCU films btw, because I dunno what tone you're referring to. Theres plenty of death and darker stuff going on in the MCU. Frank would fit in just fine.

Why do you think Marvel is doing this lol? All these characters are too dark for the movies, thats why they're putting them on tv. Jessica Jones is hella dark, and she's second in line.

Well, I'm really REALLY hoping Marvel doesn't hold their punches on these shows and really digs into the dark, gritty world these characters live in. I don't necessarily mean there needs to be incessant f-bombs and gratuitous violence and nudity but there's a real opportunity to give us a much more mature, more adult themed superhero series which I think alot of us have been clamoring for for years.

Elektra

(Marvel got Elektra back with Daredevil, right?)

The only Defenders run I've read is the current one so I expect to be pleasantly surprised with this. Marvel has my vote of confidence and going the more mature slightly edgier and darker tone will just set me off haha. Honestly can't wait for this

For some inexplicable reason I'd enjoy seeing Isaac Christians make an appearance, he's an endearing old chap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"