Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. The OFFICIAL "Agents of SHIELD"/"The Defenders" crossover thread

I seriously doubt that Strange will show up in any of the series. I wouldn't care either way, I just don't think he fits. Really stoked about a DD series though. I always thought he translated well to TV. You don't need a big budget special effects crew or anything like that. Basically "Law and Order" meets "Batman". Can't freakin' wait...

I seriously doubt that Strange will show up in any of the series. I wouldn't care either way, I just don't think he fits. Really stoked about a DD series though. I always thought he translated well to TV. You don't need a big budget special effects crew or anything like that. Basically "Law and Order" meets "Batman". Can't freakin' wait...

I understand what you are saying about Dr. Strange's power levels, and how it might seem a little lopsided having him on the team next to a street level character, but I am not sure I agree, because you had characters like Hawkeye and Black Widow fighting side by side with Thor and the Hulk in Avengers and that was awesome to watch. I mean granted they were not doing the same kind of destruction against the Aliens that Hulk and Thor were doing, but they definitely helped take out the Chitari and stop Loki in their own ways.

Surfer

How do you know that's what the focus of The Defenders will be? I mean, we can probably reasonably assume that that's what the focus of Daredevil and Luke Cage's shows will be, but it is four separate shows building up to a mini series, not just one show. Jessica Jones can go to really weird places sometimes. And one of the shows is about Iron Fist, who was raised in an alternate dimension and got his powers from plunging his fists into the still beating heart of a dragon he had just killed by punching it to death, so we know that at least one of those shows is going to have strong elements of mysticism woven throughout it. There's no reason to assume that the plot of the Defenders mini will just be those four characters teaming up to beat up The Kingpin. Daredevil can deal with gangsters in his own show but then also be called to deal with a slightly more supernatural threat in the Defenders mini by Dr. Strange. It can be done. It wouldn't be that weird.

Well, this is just straight up wrong.

Iron Fist didn't punch the dragon to death. He forced it into a death hug until it's power symbol was burned into his flesh and it died, at which point Iron Fist drove his hand into it's still beating heart which was also on fire because magic.

Otherwise, I totally get what you're saying. To me, it all depends on how he is depicted in his solo film.

Since we are very unlikely to see Monica Rambeau in the MCU and Storm is over at Fox and we don't even know if there will be any black females in Black Panther outside of Ramonda and Monica Lynne, Misty Knight gives us a very good chance of seeing a black woman in the MCU, barring of course, Rashida Jones being cast as Wasp in MCU.

I hope for the very best with these new shows (particularly Daredevil) and because of this I hope they stay as far away from Agents Of Shield as possible. I don't want them to be mediocre by association.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"