The Die Hard Trilogy

Warhammer

Half Monk, Half Hitman
Reaction score
Which was your favorite Die Hard movie?

- Die Hard?
- Die Hard 2: Die Harder?
- Die Hard With A Vengeance?

Voting, and/or explaining would be pretty cool.

I don't feel like writing a whole paragraph, but my favorite one was definitely Die Hard With A Vengeance. It had very funny parts, great score, solid performances by Bruce Willis and Samuel L. Jackson, another Gruber, and a nice scenario with the terrorist bombings.

:cool:

The orginal because that's the only one I've seen. Isn't a fourth coming out btw?

^Yep.

Live Free or Die Hard.
Summer 2007. :D

My fav was the first, but the third pretty damn good.

Die Hard of course...the sequels pale in comparison to the greatness of "Die Hard". "Die Hard 3" felt more like a Lethal Weapon movie than a "Die Hard" movie. "Die Hard 2" was good and entertaining to watch. The villian just didn't match up to Hans Gruber

To tell you the truth, I haven't seen Die Hard in 1927908846 years.

The first one is quite possibly the finest action movie ever made. It fires on all cylinders, and actually manages to achieve a rare feat in the action movie genre: it actually gives the characters depth and doesn't just treat them as 2 - D cutouts. The performances, especially Willis and Rickman, are fantastic all around, the storyline is solidly written, and the cinematography and action sequences are fantastic. It's perfect in pretty much all aspects.

Die Hard 2 sucks. The storyline seemed very uneven to me, and the villian is incredibly forgettable (granted, you can't top Gruber, but they should've come up with something better still). I also wasn't a fan of the way Willis portrayed McClane in this one. He seemed to be coasting by on his charisma in this one, whereas the first one he seemed to be genuinely acting.

Die Hard With A Vengeance is ****ing great, and one of the few third entries worth watching. It pretty captures all the magic of the first film: great characters, great acting, etc. Not quite as good as Die Hard, but close.

No one seems to like Die Hard 2, but it's my favorite. Come on, it had the best title: Die Hard 2: Die Harder. It doesn't get much better than that.

DarKush said:
No one seems to like Die Hard 2, but it's my favorite. Come on, it had the best title: Die Hard 2: Die Harder. It doesn't get much better than that.

You're right, it doesn't. Once you get past the title, it pretty much goes downhill.

Die Hard With A Vengeance. Willis and Jackson have great chemistry and Jeremy Irons is an awesome villain. I do think I would rate it much higher if they kept the alternative ending. That ending is very very cool.

Carmine Falcone said:
Die Hard With A Vengeance. Willis and Jackson have great chemistry and Jeremy Irons is an awesome villain. I do think I would rate it much higher if they kept the alternative ending. That ending is very very cool.

Yep.
I am glad I wasn't the only one who voted for this one.

ANTHONYNASTI said:
The first one is quite possibly the finest action movie ever made. It fires on all cylinders, and actually manages to achieve a rare feat in the action movie genre: it actually gives the characters depth and doesn't just treat them as 2 - D cutouts. The performances, especially Willis and Rickman, are fantastic all around, the storyline is solidly written, and the cinematography and action sequences are fantastic. It's perfect in pretty much all aspects.

Die Hard 2 sucks. The storyline seemed very uneven to me, and the villian is incredibly forgettable (granted, you can't top Gruber, but they should've come up with something better still). I also wasn't a fan of the way Willis portrayed McClane in this one. He seemed to be coasting by on his charisma in this one, whereas the first one he seemed to be genuinely acting.

Die Hard With A Vengeance is ****ing great, and one of the few third entries worth watching. It pretty captures all the magic of the first film: great characters, great acting, etc. Not quite as good as Die Hard, but close.

Agreed.

As I said before.

Die Hard =awsome

Die Hard 2 =lame

Die Hard 3=awsome

Die hard 2 ... gets much stick because its by the numbers ... its lazy.

The casting was lazy, the story was lazy ... its lazy.

You could replace Willis with Seagal and it would be just another 80s action fest.

1 & 3 were high quality packed with new ideas and quality casting choices.

With a Vengeance is one of the most entertaining third installments in any series, even though that's no much praise. Really entertaining film.

With a Vengeance is fun, but the first is the best. Die Harder was kind of a waste.

Die Hard is the best, because it's the original.
But Vengeance is a very close second for me anyway

1. Sentimental reasons. I got to meet Sammy L on set. And I saw Bruce Willis in his bloody wifebeater. All at the age of 8

2. Samuel L Jackson as a racist

3. McClane is a mess

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"