The E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) thread

Nintendo made an amazing Smash Bros Direct, but a really, really bad Nintendo Direct. I'm disappointed. They should have given us release dates on Dark Souls and the Splatoon 2 DLC. I went in expecting a lot of new Nintendo announcements. Instead I got a half hour of Smash info that they could have delivered in ten minutes.
Wait. They STILL have not given a release date for the Octo Expansion?

Wait. They STILL have not given a release date for the Octo Expansion?

There's no date on that and there's no date on Dark Souls Remastered. I don't know why they're dragging their feet. Summer 2018 is now.

Guys i just woke up after stating up since the Ubisoft conference.

... that was it? :dry:

Anyone else's hype for Cyberpunk absolutely tanked after the FPS news? lol.

Anyone else's hype for Cyberpunk absolutely tanked after the FPS news? lol.
Well, it humbled my excitement a bit, but I see other people being super disappointed.

It seems to be much closer to Deus Ex than I expected. Only this time you can choose gender, looks and background for the protagonist V. I love Deus Ex games, so FP isn't an issue for me in the long run. But having a third-person sci-fi RPG added to excitement.

Last edited:
Third person means more work, duh. Who wants that? :o

Third person means more work, duh. Who wants that? :o
While it's true, they can dedicate resources to make the experience richer. And knowing CDPR, they aren't slacking. Check out IGN preview. Sounds incredible.

Either way, CDPR amassed so much good will, that they don't even need to sell the game to me. Just roll out pre-order and I'll buy it for myself and several friends.

Last edited:
Overall i really enjoyed this years E3, especially compared to last year.

Overall i really enjoyed this years E3, especially compared to last year.

I agree in places. I think Sony knocked it out of the park in a big, big way. I think Microsoft course corrected and I'm finally optimistic about Xbox's future. Nintendo dropped the ball. Everyone loves Smash and everyone is gonna play Smash, but I think that since they had previously revealed Smash in a previous Direct that it somewhat deflated their presentation today. They really didn't show off any "Wow holy ****!" types of games. We knew Smash was coming. We knew they'd show Smash. Nintendo should have revealed Smash at E3 with a release in December. That would have blown minds.

I much prefer 3rd person. Will still get anything CDPR makes for now.

Cyberpunk is first person, its not a FPS.

Were you responding to what I said?

it was a clarification to everyone that was saying it was a FPS. Fallout and Elder Scrolls are RPGs from primarily a 1st person perspective; they arent FPS'. This isnt going to be like a Borderlands

Elder Scrolls has FPS mechanics too. It's like saying Hexen isn't FPS. It's FPS isn't a sandbox RPG first and foremost. And only after that it's TPS/FPS.

I agree in places. I think Sony knocked it out of the park in a big, big way. I think Microsoft course corrected and I'm finally optimistic about Xbox's future. Nintendo dropped the ball. Everyone loves Smash and everyone is gonna play Smash, but I think that since they had previously revealed Smash in a previous Direct that it somewhat deflated their presentation today. They really didn't show off any "Wow holy ****!" types of games. We knew Smash was coming. We knew they'd show Smash. Nintendo should have revealed Smash at E3 with a release in December. That would have blown minds.

Microsoft had the best show, sure. But I'm not sure how much they are course correcting. The chatter is beginning to start focusing on the next gen. Bethesda pretty much admitted that Elder Scrolls 6 and their other new game are for the next gen. I am beginning to see speculation that they are going to pull a Zelda with Halo. Too many of their games are multiplat. And both Sony and Microsoft are losing small indies to Nintendo.

Microsoft had the best show, sure. But I'm not sure how much they are course correcting. The chatter is beginning to start focusing on the next gen. Bethesda pretty much admitted that Elder Scrolls 6 and their other new game are for the next gen. I am beginning to see speculation that they are going to pull a Zelda with Halo. Too many of their games are multiplat. And both Sony and Microsoft are losing small indies to Nintendo.

Game pass is basically a home run.

Yeah,I love me some game pass. Got a trial run, I'm gonna have to start paying for it.

it was a clarification to everyone that was saying it was a FPS. Fallout and Elder Scrolls are RPGs from primarily a 1st person perspective; they arent FPS'. This isnt going to be like a Borderlands

Okay, got you.

Elder Scrolls has FPS mechanics too. It's like saying Hexen isn't FPS. It's FPS isn't a sandbox RPG first and foremost. And only after that it's TPS/FPS.

Elder Scrolls is not a FPS and no one would ever describe it as anything other than an RPG. Aiming and casting spells in first person (which is optional and not a core part of the experience) is not enough to put it in the category of saying its gameplay is based off FPS mechanics

Last edited:
Yeah I reckon Bethesda won it this year. Is this the first year a non console won it?

I’m actually kind of surprised how boring Nintendo’s was. I think they dropped their big bombshell too early

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"