The Emulator Thread: Cemu, Dolphin, PCSX, Citra and MORE!

Discussion in 'PC' started by LibidoLoca, Feb 4, 2017.

1. LibidoLoca

LibidoLoca Sensually Delicious

So I've been thinking about getting back into emulation. I know that it's a taboo subject, but I still have fond memories playing ROM hacks of Pokémon games back in high school. I also remember when someone used a Super Nintendo emulator on one of our school computers and everyone was wondering how he was playing Super Mario World. :funny:

2. geetard

geetard Rebirth

Me too I need to get back into emulators. Saw some screenshots showing off HD textures for Twilight Princess that made me salivate a bit. :hmr:

3. LibidoLoca

I'm actually shocked that Cemu can upscale Wii U games at 4K. It's that mere ability that piqued my interest again. I heard PCSX is still a nightmare to use though and barely works.

4. geetard

geetard Rebirth

5. LibidoLoca

Damn, thanks for that geetard. :atp: I know emulation is in the moral grey area of gaming, but damn am I not even more tempted.

6. Joe Von Zombie

Joe Von Zombie Back in college

7. SatsuiNoJXA

SatsuiNoJXA Super Nintendo!

Loved those days where you could just play Super Nintendo games during Free Period.

8. SatsuiNoJXA

I think it really stopped being an issue for Retro system Roms due to the fact that they are discontinued and the companies, no longer profit from the sales of those games. So downloading them now, is just like whatever to them.

I think its a bigger issue when emulating current day games.

HOWEVER, when stuff like the recent PS4 system update, now allowing users to transfer Apps to portable harddrives, it could lead to a way of just going to someone else's system and transferring it to their system drives and making them playable, SONY are just setting themselves up for their own failure.

All you would probably have to do is set up your PSN on the person's system and boom, you just transferred games to someone else.

9. Joe Von Zombie

Joe Von Zombie Back in college

There's a small issue, you have to set your friend's device as your home console if they want to use it on their profile so at most you can only share with one other device.

10. SatsuiNoJXA

*Snaps finger* That's right!

11. geetard

geetard Rebirth

[YT]kJdGsdzUBQ4[/YT]

12. geetard

geetard Rebirth

[YT]BtRfMSYtYsE[/YT]

[​IMG]

13. Lead Cenobite

Lead Cenobite Exquisitely Empty

I'm not going to say emulation is morally right(mainly the downloading games without paying for them aspect), but some games would be lost forever if not for emulation. There are probably millions of retro games and so a lot are going to fall through the cracks and never be included on virtual console-type services or appear in classic game compilations such as the NES Classic. Either the games were never popular or complex licensing issues prevents them from being made available. A lot of times, it's a combination of the two, because game companies assume nobody ever cared about some game based on a TV show or movie from 30 years ago. And then there's instances like with Nintendo and Rare, where Nintendo can't release classic Rare games on VC or any of their mini consoles because they would have to get permission from Microsoft, and Goldeneye can't be released at all because it's caught in a custody battle between Nintendo and Microsoft.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  14. geetard

geetard Rebirth