The Eurovision thread

Seems that offering someone who is unwell worked for Portugal.

Last edited:
It was a wonderful night. I wasn't expecting Portugal to win but I'm happy with it plus the chance to see more of the country next year.

I loved Norway's entry and Croatia's was hilarious, the UK should be very proud of their entrant. She has a beautiful soul.

I was worried Ukraine might not be able to handle it but they should be very proud

Portugal song was definitely not better than the other contenders.

Australia even had a way better song and performer in Isiah Firebrace though Italy was not a winning peformance either.

Running butt man was annoying.

Yeah Isaiah did very well especially for someone so young. I'm not at all impressed with the streaker. Keep that sh** for the football, nooone wants to see your flabby arse. And it was so hard to get people's enthusiasm back after that because they looked scared and confused.

And the running butt-man was Ukrainian not Australian IIRC.

Yeah but it doesn't make it better. Oh well, it was a wonderful night regardless. Loved seeing the epic sax guy again!

Yay! I can't wait! Plus it's closer to where I am so maybe I can go?

I wonder where it will be hosted?

Is everyone getting excited yet?

If you don’t know much about Eurovision please feast your eyes on the glory that is Eurovision

Usually don't find much to like in Eurovision since I'm more into rock-music, but the Netherlands have a surprisingly good old fashioned bluesy country-rock song this year. Hungary have some kind of modern metal song, but I don't like that one so much.

Yeah I hated the Hungary song. The Netherlands one from a few years ago did country and western song that was really good. I think it came second!

Wow what a semi final!

Israel was spectacular of course. I also loved saara alto from Finland. Bit sad that Switzerland didn’t get through but that’s the way it is.

I think a lot of the eliminated countries tried too hard to take it too seriously like the guy who won last year. Beautiful scenery though!

Jessica Mauboy in the finals!

:woot::woot:

I knew she would though. She really is incredible. I honestly don’t know how they can go even bigger next year

I really loved the Vikings too. I would love for them to win actually. I love Israel but I do t think the judges will and the winners of the last few years tend to be the slower songs.

Still with Eurovision, anything can happen!

Top 5 favorites at the moment according to the bookmakers:

1. Cyprus
2. Israel
3. Ireland
4. France
5. Sweden

Surprised to see Ireland so high up suddenly.

I suppose Ireland is a sentimental favourite and they are champions at Eurovision historically. Plus it would be lovely to see it in Ireland next year.

I could see Norway sneaking away with it actually too

I guess Israel will win but I'll still cross my fingers for Saara Aalto from Finland, it's time we won again after Lordi. The song is not that great but the show with Saara was great and she's an incredible singer. The Hungary metal song was kinda meh, the only real heavy song this year but I don't know, all genres that end with "core" are usually s***.

Yeah I didn’t love the heavy metal thing. It’s good to do something different but yeah, that was rough.

i found out who won and I’m very happy I wonder which city will host it?

I've no Idea who won, since our plan tonight was to watch a bit of the show, and when the participate from our country had performed (Benjamin Ingroosso), we would go down to my brothers music room and jam (with real instruments, guitars, drums, bass, vocals etc.) way better classic songs than the ones on the telly tonight.

We jammed songs from Dolly Parton and Kris Kristofferson and classic light pop songs to heavier rock and pure metal like Metallica tonight. We had a blast, although not completely sober.

I also sincerely hope the one we sent; Benjamin Ingrosso, didn't win. I don't see anything interesting musically in that plastic doli of his, despite perhaps some dance move skills.

Yeah I didn’t love the heavy metal thing. It’s good to do something different but yeah, that was rough.

i found out who won and I’m very happy I wonder which city will host it?
Yeah, the Hungary pseudo metal song was totally awful. Bad singer, and of course the whole thing showed how not to trying be "metal" here.

It just sounded like when the worst bands were tryiing to imitate the succesfull Seatlle bands in the early 90s.

Wow what a year it was. So glad Israel won.

It’s so gross what happened on social media as soon as she won though. Just a gigantic spike in anti semitism especially from Australia because we didn’t do as well as we thought we would. Of all the stupid reasons to be anti Semitic, loosing a singing competition has to be the stupidest

Congratulations indeed to Israel. :woot::gngl:

Racists and bad losers........ :cmad:

Remains to see if Israel can host the show next year. Already been some violent protests because of America's decision to move their embassy to Jerusalem. That plus Trump's decision to withdraw from the Iran nuclear deal certainly makes this region even more of a ticking bomb.

I wouldn’t mind going to Israel, I’m definitely not worried about security there.

Boycotts I would t be surprised by but I hope people give them a fair go. Eurovision isn’t related to the government there or international policies

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"