The Flash The Flash (1990) Appreciation Thread

I get your point,but I'll still put Flash's season against the first or,hell-the BEST season of of any other SH series.

:up:

It remains king.

And everyone, the fact there was only one season isn't due to the quality of the show but because of the ever fluctuating time schedule they kept putting the show on, they'd get interrupted with war coverage, and had to compete with the Cosby Show and Simpsons....the series began strong but was never able to get as solid an audience like the other shows because the audience, even though they were interested and wanted to watch, was never sure when it was on.

I enjoyed this show a lot when I was a kid.

Mark Hamill's Trickster was like a proto-joker.

I remember the show. The first episodes of the show were really great. While the Arrow universe is really inspired by Nolan's Batman, the old Flash Show was heavily influenced by the Burton one (From the music by Elfman to the Art Deco style) It was a very costly show (and It's one of the major reason for its cancellation) but when the supervillains were introduced later, it just wasn't that good (That being said, their reinterpretation of Captain Cold was cool)

[YT]nB69CF61XYE[/YT]

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this show
Like plenty of adaptions from page to film, it has nice touches added to it

I think Arrow is better than the original Flash, but still it was a great show. Way ahead of its time and it should've been allowed to continue

I actually enjoy the twin streaks episode quite a bit- it's just god damned hilarious! I love Pollux's weird 90's donald duck outfit. One of the best parts is when he's in Barry's apartment, and starts trying to mimick him as the soundtrack plays an eerie tune, as if this mentally handicapped guy has a hope in hell of actually fooling everyone and taking Barry's place!
Wish they had more supervillains, those episodes were often the best. Flash himself was pretty out there and fantastic, villain costumes would fit in.

I remember the show. The first episodes of the show were really great. While the Arrow universe is really inspired by Nolan's Batman, the old Flash Show was heavily influenced by the Burton one (From the music by Elfman to the Art Deco style) It was a very costly show (and It's one of the major reason for its cancellation) but when the supervillains were introduced later, it just wasn't that good (That being said, their reinterpretation of Captain Cold was cool)

[YT]nB69CF61XYE[/YT]

For me,it's the opposite.When they finally let loose with the supervillains the show hit it's stride.

I remember Mark Hamill saying his kids weren't interested in seeing the Flash chase down bikers and thieves.:funny:

And it's true.Apart from 60's Batman,The Flash was the only SH series to use supervillains.Up to then,Superman,The Hulk,Spider-Man Etc were used to tossing low level crooks and gangsters around.And as good as those shows were,Flash proved that with the right treatment,there was much more fun to be had with villains that actually gave the protagonist a challenge.

Apart from 60's Batman,The Flash was the only SH series to use supervillains.Up to then,Superman,The Hulk,Spider-Man Etc were used to tossing low level crooks and gangsters around.And as good as those shows were,Flash proved that with the right treatment,there was much more fun to be had with villains that actually gave the protagonist a challenge.

I never understood this. It's part of why I never got into Hulk, Wonder Woman, or 60's spider-man. Either the hero has to be a complete idiot to lose, or he's just cleaning things up without breaking a sweat, neither is appealing. Everyone wants to see the hero meet their match.

I never understood this. It's part of why I never got into Hulk, Wonder Woman, or 60's spider-man. Either the hero has to be a complete idiot to lose, or he's just cleaning things up without breaking a sweat, neither is appealing. Everyone wants to see the hero meet their match.

Absolutely.I think it was basically them trying to distance themselves from 60's Batman.Every hero show thought if you introduce super villains,it automatically means camp.But in reality,the run-of-the-mill crook/gangster going up against a superpowered hero gets old fast.

In the first few episodes of the Flash they even had to give the Flash sudden recurring migraines just to level the playing field against the non powered baddies.:funny:

Lois and Clark had Superman fighting Metallo, MXYZPTLK, and a few more. Still the best Superman TV series, and my favorite superhero show :D
Superboy had him face Bizarro, and others I don't remember

Yes,that's a good point.Superboy predated Flash by a year or so.Another great and underrated series in my top 5.:woot:

Lois and Clark had Superman fighting Metallo, MXYZPTLK, and a few more. Still the best Superman TV series, and my favorite superhero show :D
Superboy had him face Bizarro, and others I don't remember

..Mr. Mxyzptlk, Metallo, Yellow Peri, and ofcourse, Lex Luthor. There was a villain named Nick Knack(played by Gilbert Gottfried) who is clearly an answer to The Toyman.

To me, The Adventures of Superboy remains the best "Superman" live-action series.

Still a great show
It's was fun to see the Flash on TV when the new Flash was a baby

that's Laurel Lance's dad as Mirror Master :p

who else was in it
BTai_xqCEAAAoLb.jpg

[YT]rhg8abhgRgc[/YT]

Original "The Flash" TV promos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"