• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

The Flash The Flash Season 4 Episode 19: "Fury Rogue"

The Dinah Laurel of Earth-X should meet and interact with her Earth-2 counterpart and wreak havoc on both Flash and Green Arrow.

I'm enjoying Citizen Cold more than Captain Cold.

Devoe basically tells his wife "Why the F you thinking B!?"

DeVoe really went "*****, you thought!" on his wife. Even when she wore his favorite dress, he was all, "Nah." Just hilarious. Also, funny that he uses a technique to mess with Barry and is surprised that it messes with him.

There really was no need for Leo Snart for this mission since Cisco could've made made a cold gun, but I guess the writers wanted us to forget that. Even so, he was fun in this episode.

I was going to ask if Black Siren had that sonar power since I gave up on Arrow. But, I guess Siren X is just more powerful. Maybe all Laurel counterparts are more powerful than the Earth 1 version.

It's interesting that they are going all the way to Earth X to ask for help from a Snart. Why not just go back in time and pull E1 Snart out and put him back again?
Barry has been told off one too many times by the Speedforce, and knows all too well the consequences of messing around with it, although I don't doubt for one second that he wont, at some point in the future, change things via time travel (for better or worse).

We've still got to see the actual deal between him & Eobard yet, and that happens well into the future. The Flash that chased Eobard back in time (originally) hasn't yet appeared - I don't think? It's complicated to say the least.

You could just hide the guy on a different Earth.
Presumably, DeVoe would know; he knew they'd recruit Citizen Cold.

Oh. So this Siren can open up dimensional barriors...interesting. Also her scream looks WAY better then Black Siren and Black Canary's scream.
I don't think she can; I think she can hold them open, but not open them herself. The one she used was - well, it was like an echo of the one Cisco created, and hadn't quite closed quick enough. I doubt she'll be roaming around either, she was defeated, so presumably is locked up somewhere.

Can I also confirm quick, but the radioactive man that DeVoe is after - he's one of the Bus Meta's, right? If so, presumably DeVoe needs to acquire his power too, and in turn he'll lose Ralph's body, and by definition, the ability to shift into his old form?

Can I also confirm quick, but the radioactive man that DeVoe is after - he's one of the Bus Meta's, right? If so, presumably DeVoe needs to acquire his power too, and in turn he'll lose Ralph's body, and by definition, the ability to shift into his old form?
The power stays with Devoe though so if he was to acquire blow up guy, I would think the power just shifts to that body.

There really was no need for Leo Snart for this mission since Cisco could've made made a cold gun, but I guess the writers wanted us to forget that. Even so, he was fun in this episode.
They just needed him to motivate Barry since Barry basically tuned out all of team Flash. Cold didn't do much outside of that constant "Get back in there"attitude.

The power stays with Devoe though so if he was to acquire blow up guy, I would think the power just shifts to that body.
Good point that! I overlooked that element of his (Ralph's) ability.

They just needed him to motivate Barry since Barry basically tuned out all of team Flash. Cold didn't do much outside of that constant "Get back in there"attitude.

Oh, I know. I just meant for the mission, there was no need for him. That was why they asked for his help. The motivation stuff was just by chance and could've been done by anyone else like Joe or something.

But, it was fun to see Leo again (but I wish he had a puppet like he did on Legends). I think they said this was Miller's last performance with the character. They clearly left the ending open just in case he changes his mind.

But, it was fun to see Leo again (but I wish he had a puppet like he did on Legends). I think they said this was Miller's last performance with the character. They clearly left the ending open just in case he changes his mind.
I wonder why he's (currently?) done with the character; it's not as if he's highly involved (is he?) in anything else at the moment, and fans love him!

Better than I expected. I'm glad to see Sandilands back and it was a nice change of pace kinda episode.

So was Devoe more shocked that Barry didn't react or hurt by Siren X power. It seemed liked her power could hurt him a bit, it is more powerful then the little fork weapon.

So was Devoe more shocked that Barry didn't react or hurt by Siren X power. It seemed liked her power could hurt him a bit, it is more powerful then the little fork weapon.
DeVoe was expecting Barry to deal with her, and didn't account for Barry's emotional state. As such, DeVoe was unprepared - anyone, who's unprepared, can be taken down, regardless of how powerful, smart, or intelligent they are. I highly doubt Siren X (or any other Canary Cry) would leave a mark on DeVoe if he was remotely prepared and hadn't accounted for something that didn't occur.

If it came to a fight scene between him and her, it'll be him every time. He simply slipped up when attempting to anticipate Barry' actions.

I wonder why he's (currently?) done with the character; it's not as if he's highly involved (is he?) in anything else at the moment, and fans love him!

I saw somewhere that this was all he was under contract for. He might be back if they give him a new one.

DeVoe was expecting Barry to deal with her, and didn't account for Barry's emotional state. As such, DeVoe was unprepared - anyone, who's unprepared, can be taken down, regardless of how powerful, smart, or intelligent they are. I highly doubt Siren X (or any other Canary Cry) would leave a mark on DeVoe if he was remotely prepared and hadn't accounted for something that didn't occur.

If it came to a fight scene between him and her, it'll be him every time. He simply slipped up when attempting to anticipate Barry' actions.
Yeah figured that is what it was since the emotion of Barry was the only thing he mentioned after the incident.

This week's episode was profound in certain spots. I'm guessing that someone on the writing team has a psychology background because some of the statements that Citizen Cold was making about the grief cycle came from a therapeutic philosophy.

It seems that the show is positioning Devoe's lack of insight on his relationship with Marlize as his Achilles' Heel. It wouldn't surprise me at this point to see her be the variable that turns the tide for Team Flash.

Would the backlash really be warranted? I mean, she was the second Black Canary. On Earth 1, anyway. Okay, yeah, Sara was just referred to as The Canary, but close enough.
She fulfilled a similar function of Dinah Drake in the comics, but the name wasn't canon with her.

Poor Caitlin, missing her alter ego. I'm going to guess that if/when she gets her powers back they will merged into 1. Though they act as if this was completely different person that took over her body.

What will happen to their personalities though if they are merged into one? Does one of them lose it? Or is it a combination of both? And if they are merged into one, won't that feel like the other has gone? Or does Caitlin start having voices in her head like Firestorm with Martin and Jax (or Ronnie)?

What happened to Siren X at the end? She disappeared without any explanation.

If she is stuck on Earth 1 (like Black Siren was) then if Black Siren is somehow killed off in Arrow, they can always bring out Siren X as yet another doppleganger to go through the same redemptive arc.

Or maybe Black Siren will become more good and we'll get her facing off against Siren X. Maybe Siren X might even show up on Arrow and will do two things:

1) She will manage to convince everyone that Laurel Lance (Black Siren) is who she says she is because there is now an "evil" version of her running around and appearing simultaneously

and 2) She will force Black Siren to look inside herself and decide whether she chooses to be good or evil when confronted by an even more evil version of herself who is a Nazi.

I think they should have given Siren X a different costume though. What are the chances of it being almost exactly the same? And does she normally go round with a mask on Earth X? How does she do her siren's cry with that on?

As for Devoe, how do people think that Team Flash will eventually beat him? Any ideas?

Maybe one of the following will happen:

1) Team Flash will use the thinking cap against him to drain him of his intelligence (like what is happening with Harry)

2) They'll use feelings to beat him and be unpredictable (like how he was unable to account for Barry's grief which prevented him from acting against Siren X)

3) Marlize will turn against him and help Team Flash (maybe sabotaging the thinking cap)

Or something else?

What do people think?

Last edited:
What happened to Siren X at the end? She disappeared without any explanation.
She didn't disappear. She was taken out by Barry, and then nothing. She didn't escape, her status just wasn't mentioned. One (should) assume that she's locked away in Iron Heights or something.

As for Devoe, how do people think that Team Flash will eventually beat him? Any ideas?

1) Team Flash will use the thinking cap against him to drain him of his intelligence (like what is happening with Harry)

2) They'll use feelings to beat him and be unpredictable (like how he was unable to account for Barry's grief which prevented him from acting against Siren X)

3) Marlize will turn against him and help Team Flash (maybe sabotaging the thinking cap)?
I think it'll be a mix of the two highlighted. I think Marlize will certainly play a part in it, though she's only (or mostly) interested in their marriage; she wasn't exactly thrilled when he started taking bodies and killing people, and we know she's had doubts for a while.

I'm not quite sure Team Flash can, or would use feelings and emotions though, as they're unpredictable, and even if Team Flash realise their emotions to be DeVoe' weakness, they still don't have any control over their own emotions (emotions are unpredictable at the best of times as it is) so any plan involving them is destined to fail.

I'd like to think that they'll have help from elsewhere, as we otherwise know that Team Flash simply can't stand up to him. I do think the key though is his cap; if they can take away his intelligence, or at least reduce him to a former position where he's more ... coherent with simply existing in the world rather than changing it, that's how they'll get the best of him.

Last edited:
I always welcome any appearance by Wentworth Miller as any version of Leonard Snart. :)

So, let's see. The Thinker is not just super smart, he is omniscient. He knew Barry would get Snart from another Earth (specifically Earth X) and get him at the precise time Snart was chasing down Siren X? And she would travel with them. And attack them. At the very same time Thinker wants her to. Sorry, not even the suspension of disbelief works on that one. And now, the preview for next week has Barry (again) on the ground unable to move because all the smarts at Team Flash cannot counteract the meta power to drop him on his side? Come on. Same scene over and over and over again until the last episode when Barry is "fast enough" to stop Thinker?

So, let's see. The Thinker is not just super smart, he is omniscient. He knew Barry would get Snart from another Earth (specifically Earth X) and get him at the precise time Snart was chasing down Siren X? And she would travel with them. And attack them. At the very same time Thinker wants her to. Sorry, not even the suspension of disbelief works on that one.

He absorbed Dominic Lanse's telepathic powers. Devoe's intelligence and pre-existing powers have seemingly enhanced the telepathy. Devoe can now sense the minds of everyone simultaneously, even to the level of being able to detect Cisco vibing him. His calculations were based on, and presumably altered as necessary, his foreknowledge of whom he would be facing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"