Cinemaman said:
http://comingsoon.net/films.php?id=5079

Bad news!

Release date moved again, we will see the movie only on November 22th :(

Looks like we will never get to see this film :down

WTF!

Damb...does it give a reason anywhere?
Im guessing better positioning for Oscars but this blows.:o

Nice avatar. But yeah, that appears to be the reason. Plus, more screens.

I didnt even know there was a set date already.

This movie looks GREAT. I bet Brad Pitt is kicking himself in the ass after seeing that trailer.

Yeah, I like Pitt, but from what I can see about the character from the trailer, it just looks like Jackman is a better fit (even if he did do Van Helsing).

Hugh Jackman is a big enough name but its not a distraction like Pitt wouldve been. It just wouldve become another Brad Pitt movie and the whole Brangelina thing.

If I was Brad Pitt, I'd go have crazy hot butt secks with Angelina, just out of anger for not being in this movie :mad:

it made sense why WB moved the Fountain, since in October, they will also release the Prestiage. Imagine that...a jackman double feature.

Octoberist said:
it made sense why WB moved the Fountain, since in October, they will also release the Prestiage. Imagine that...a jackman double feature.

I didn't even think about that. Jackman's becoming like Jude Law. He's got Scoop out in limited release, had X-Men 3 back in May, and will have two more films before the year's out!

KenK said:
I didn't even think about that. Jackman's becoming like Jude Law. He's got Scoop out in limited release, had X-Men 3 back in May, and will have two more films before the year's out!

The only difference is that Jackman can act.

The new trailer for this that came out over Comic-Con (I'm sure you've all seen and talked about it) was fantastic. I am definitely looking forward of this...

And the coolest thing is it's sort of this "underground" film. Like I hear all these random people one a time saying they've seen a screening of it and that it was amazing. Heard it from some random critics I've met and this guy here. It's so... hidden beneath the depths just waiting to surface! Can't wait!

Not to say Im not looking forward to Jackman and Weisz but Pitt and Blanchett would have been just as good a pairing for this.

I'd have loved to see Pitt and Blanchett, but Jackman and Weisz will do just fine.

Not too mention Pitt would have brought an extra 40 million to the budget alone.

buddha182 said:
And the coolest thing is it's sort of this "underground" film. Like I hear all these random people one a time saying they've seen a screening of it and that it was amazing.
Where? They must have more screenings sometime! I can't wait for November! *shakes fist*

I think that Jackman and Weisz were the better choices - Jackman seems more able to play an eager character (or he just looks more eager when he's not scowling like Wolvie) and Weisz has this otherworldy ethereal beauty. You really think that someone would truly go through all that for her.

green said:
Not too mention Pitt would have brought an extra 40 million to the budget alone.

Not necessarily. Pitt took almost nothing for his part in Snatch (he wasn't the main character of course, but still had a big part), so if Pitt likes the project enough and thinks it has potential, he'll take a pay cut.

he means the budget, fella. when Pitt and Blanchett pulled out, the bughet was cut from 75 to 35 million.

Cinemaman said:
The only difference is that Jackman can act.
If you think Law can't act, you seriously know nothing about movies

kol_lover said:
If you think Law can't act, you seriously know nothing about movies

Then why I am Cinemaman, guy who can sleep, eat and live in cinema?

I didn't watch so much movies with Law, but I can say that he was good only one, Talented Mr. Ripley.

Cinemaman said:
Then why I am Cinemaman, guy who can sleep, eat and live in cinema?

I didn't watch so much movies with Law, but I can say that he was good only one, Talented Mr. Ripley.
Cold Mountain, The Road to Perdition, Closer, A.I....the list goes on

And mayve you should learn to speak proper English

logansoldcigar said:
he means the budget, fella. when Pitt and Blanchett pulled out, the bughet was cut from 75 to 35 million.

Yep, that's what I meant.:up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_fountain
Darren Aronofsky originally intended to film The Fountain on a $75 million budget in 2001. Aronofsky cast Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett for the lead roles. While it was believed that Aronofsky and Pitt had creative differences during pre-production, Aronofsky stated in an interview that Pitt was not really at fault, saying, "The ultimate reason [The Fountain] shut down is because of Brad, but Brad didn't do it. He didn't come to Australia, but why he didn't come has to do with a lot of things and has to do with many politics of his own life as well as what had happened before that on a film." Pitt eventually left the project to film Troy. As a result of Pitt's departure, the studio withdrew its support, shutting the movie down for the time being.
In 2004, Aronofsky resurrected The Fountain with the help of Warner Bros., although he only received a $35 million budget for the project. Aronofsky cast Hugh Jackman and Rachel Weisz to replace Pitt and Blanchett in the lead roles. The director finally filmed The Fountain in 2005. The film is currently in post-production.

Does anyone know the original studio it was at?:confused:

Cinemaman said:
Do you not see the stupidity of this reasoning?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"