The Future of the "Abramsverse"

I hope they make the next films set inside the five year mission and possibly the 2nd five year mission the crew was supposed to have in the cancelled Phase II.

I think Gary Mitchell would make a great villain for the next film, he has a personal background with Kirk, and could lead to some interesting scenes and explore the more philosophical aspects of Star Trek as well. They could even add the Klingons or other alien civilizations trying to reach Gary.

I feel like the Klingons will be the villains in the next film. I also think they're going to explore the Kirk/Carol Marcus relationship.

I want to see Chris O'Dowd play Harry Mudd.

77QgtUt.jpg
Wow, this would be so great.

For Tr3k, I'd definitely like to see some great Klingon action. It's time they came back for real. I wouldn't mind something along the lines of "Balance of Terror," but with Klingons subbing in for Romulans.

Apparently Lindelof gave an interview in early May regarding Star Trek 3. It sounds like Into Darkness sets up the next one and that if you extrapolate what happens in this one you can get an idea for the villains of the next one.

Sounds like Khan returns, too, which is great. I feel like, despite being caught, his potential hasn't been fulfilled yet. Now there's a chance to make things between Kirk and Khan a bit more personal than it was in Into Darkness. My only complaint is that with his crew dead, Khan doesn't have any super-human support.

Apparently Lindelof gave an interview in early May regarding Star Trek 3. It sounds like Into Darkness sets up the next one and that if you extrapolate what happens in this one you can get an idea for the villains of the next one.

Sounds like Khan returns, too, which is great. I feel like, despite being caught, his potential hasn't been fulfilled yet. Now there's a chance to make things between Kirk and Khan a bit more personal than it was in Into Darkness. My only complaint is that with his crew dead, Khan doesn't have any super-human support.
Aren't they all still alive, just frozen?

Not taking any of that to heart. Lindelof most likely won't be involved in Star Trek 3.

Not taking any of that to heart. Lindelof most likely won't be involved in Star Trek 3.

I hope you're right. There was some foreshadowing about a Klingon war that I hope they don't follow through with.

They'd be foolish not to exploit Benedict Cumberpatch's international appeal for another movie, and they didn't kill off Khan probably so they could bring him back in a later film. Maybe not 3, but a later movie.

Though I think it's clear that we're getting Klingons next. The introduction here is clearly building up for something, so I figure it'll be all-out war next film. I really think it would be awesome.

Also, one thing I'd like to see is more corruption in Starfleet. I really liked Robocop's role in this film, so more of that would be really cool. Like, maybe if we get a well-intentioned extremist again in Starfleet who resorts to insane and dangerous means to wipe out the Klingons. It would be kinda cool.

Down the road, though, I'd like to see Khan, Gary Mitchell (have him in the next film!), and, eventually, the Borg.

I'm of the mind that they will do one more film with this cast intact. And I agree with those who think that film will somehow set things right regarding the timeline.

I could see John Cho though getting the nod as Sulu in a Trek series about the Excelsior though. I would prefer that to be a TV show, but maybe they might be able to pump out a fourth film with him as captain.

Well, STID sets up for a full-scale war with the Klingons. But I think the third film would be the perfect time to present one of the really weird/obscure alien races. Especially since STID ends with the crew embarking on their five-year mission.

I think the Tholians could be interesting.

I'd love if the story in part 3 involved the Enterprise encountering Charlie X. He'd be all super creepy and crazy, and develop a crush on Carol Marcus (replacing Yeoman Rand). Then, somehow, he'd instigate a massive battle with the Klingons.

If this cast goes beyond three movies, I almost guarantee they'll do a time travel story where Kirk and his crew go to the future and team up with the TNG crew. I'd love to see the original Enterprise and the Enterprise-D flying side by side. Maybe Q wanting to be amused by the clashing of styles between Kirk and Picard.

There are many things I would love to see in the future Trek's. Star Trek into Darkness, actually got me really thinking about the direction that the franchise is, or might, take.

For anyone who's familiar with me on these boards, you know that I have a tendency to go on a bit of a tangent at times, but once I get started I just have to finish.

I posted all my points on my blog here: http://fenskeland.blogspot.ca/2013/05/star-trek-feminism-future-letter-to.html

But in brief, my requests to Paramount are...

1. Tell New Stories: Not that I have an issue with Khan being brought back, but I can do without the reenactments of TWOK.

2. Don't Rush the Stories you DO tell: Into Darkness felt like it was really building to something until the final act when it all wrapped up really quickly.

3. Use the Women: There were two women in the movie, and neither of them were really give anything to do. Conversely almost ALL the men were given at least one really good scene. Also, there seems to be a lack of females in high ranking positions, which was weird as well.

They should cameo a couple of Trills especially a certain Dax?! I know that McCoy met Eminy Dax at the Academy and I don't know when Curzon would have been around either. I believe it could have definitely have been around that timeframe seeing as he did know Kang, Kor and Koloth. Heck at least introduce those Klingons in a movie!!!!

Bring her back

1000px-Janice_Rand%2C_2266.jpg

She was a very central character before she suddenly disappeared mid through season 1

I'd like to see Rand in the timeline,but I think they are going to use Carol in her place.

There are many things I would love to see in the future Trek's. Star Trek into Darkness, actually got me really thinking about the direction that the franchise is, or might, take.

For anyone who's familiar with me on these boards, you know that I have a tendency to go on a bit of a tangent at times, but once I get started I just have to finish.

I posted all my points on my blog here: http://fenskeland.blogspot.ca/2013/05/star-trek-feminism-future-letter-to.html

But in brief, my requests to Paramount are...

1. Tell New Stories: Not that I have an issue with Khan being brought back, but I can do without the reenactments of TWOK.

2. Don't Rush the Stories you DO tell: Into Darkness felt like it was really building to something until the final act when it all wrapped up really quickly.

3. Use the Women: There were two women in the movie, and neither of them were really give anything to do. Conversely almost ALL the men were given at least one really good scene. Also, there seems to be a lack of females in high ranking positions, which was weird as well.

I beg to differ. Uhara went on the landing mission, stood up to the Klingons, and also took on Khan in the ending. Marcus,on the other hand, assisted with the surgery on the warhead, in addition to participating in the standoff against her father. Sure, there could have been another scene, but the film was already crowded; fortunately, thanks to the film, the next film will have less characters to deal with, and can have her screentime increased.

It also makes me wonder when Uhura was first on our screens way back when Star Trek began, she was originally there to represent even the African nations so it does make me wonder why she never actually had an accent. It would have been a nice touch really.

Uhura didn't have an accent because she was speaking Swahili, and the translator translated what she was saying with an American accent. Chekov, for example, had a Russian accent because he was actually speaking English.

I beg to differ. Uhara went on the landing mission, stood up to the Klingons, and also took on Khan in the ending. Marcus,on the other hand, assisted with the surgery on the warhead, in addition to participating in the standoff against her father. Sure, there could have been another scene, but the film was already crowded; fortunately, thanks to the film, the next film will have less characters to deal with, and can have her screentime increased.

Yeah,to be honest,it feels to me like they try to give Uhara too much to do.I mean,this is a character whose original contributions were saying "Hailing frequency open,Captain."Now,she's dating Spock,and getting involved in pretty much every aspect of the missions.

I guess what I saying is Star Trek wasn't originally designed for her to have the "Leading Lady" status she now has.

I've been thinking.... if they ever catch up to TNG in the Abramsverse... Tom Hardy for Picard?

I mean, he did play Picard's younger clone in Nemesis. Who better for the role?

I hope they make the next films set inside the five year mission and possibly the 2nd five year mission the crew was supposed to have in the cancelled Phase II.

I think Gary Mitchell would make a great villain for the next film, he has a personal background with Kirk, and could lead to some interesting scenes and explore the more philosophical aspects of Star Trek as well. They could even add the Klingons or other alien civilizations trying to reach Gary.
gary Mitchell would be too similar to khan so don't think they would use him in the next film.with the new time line why couldn't this crew run into the borg or a Q?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"