Sequels The Future Solo Superman Movies Thread

Rorschach2012

Batman is my Dad
Reaction score
A place to discuss a potential solo Superman sequel.

Maybe there won't even be another solo Superman movie in this universe.
But if there is...

I think Batman v Superman will feature Lex and Doomsday as the villains
and I think Justice League may feature Brainiac as the villain, with Darkseid being the villain of Justice League 2.

If that's the case, Metallo and Parasite would be the next best option for a solo Superman movie.

If Brainiac isn't the villain of Justice League, I really would like to see a solo Superman film with Brainiac as the villain. Supergirl would also ideally be introduced in the next solo Superman film. Jimmy Olsen would be a nice addition as well, it seems weird they didn't use him in Man of Steel. Conner Kent would be another awesome character to introduce at some point.

Lex and Brainiac vs Supergirl and Superman would be my ideal Superman sequel.

But yeah I really hope they do more solo Superman films in this universe, even if they aren't directed by Snyder

Superman 5D
Lord Vyndtyx as a villain

‘Batman’ & ‘Superman’ Will Get New Standalone Movies Before 2020

HOT RUMOR: Warners Looking To Put 'Legion Of Superheroes' Into Development!
El Mayimbe said:
With Guardians Of The Galaxy on the cusp of earning $300 million domestically and becoming this year's top box office hit, what is DC's counter-strategy? Do they have their own version of a hero team in space? The answer is YES!

According to sources, Warners is quietly sending out the DC comic book Legion Of Superheroes to screenwriters & their reps for takes. For non-industry folks, what that means is that screenwriters check out the comic book and come up for a movie idea involving the characters from that comic. Those writers then go to the studio to pitch their idea. The studio then hires the screenwriter they feel has the best idea or take for the film.

Is Legion Of Superheroes part of the unannounced nine upcoming DC films Warners is planning? Not sure. With Guardians Of The Galaxy officially making more money domestically than Man Of Steel it's probably under strong consideration. Post Guardians Of The Galaxy, studios are hot for space properties. Disney not only has Guardians Of The Galaxy, but the rumored Inhumans under the Marvel banner. Let's also not forget the upcoming Star Wars films. Fox got Avatar sequels in the pipeline and Paramount got the upcoming Interstellar.

Created by Otto Binder, The Legion Of Superheroes is a superhero team set in the 30th and 31st centuries. The Legion first made their appearance in Adventure Comics #247 which debuted in April of 1958.

A place to discuss a potential solo Superman sequel.

Maybe there won't even be another solo Superman movie in this universe.
But if there is...

I think Batman v Superman will feature Lex and Doomsday as the villains
and I think Justice League may feature Brainiac as the villain, with Darkseid being the villain of Justice League 2.

If that's the case, Metallo and Parasite would be the next best option for a solo Superman movie.

If Brainiac isn't the villain of Justice League, I really would like to see a solo Superman film with Brainiac as the villain. Supergirl would also ideally be introduced in the next solo Superman film. Jimmy Olsen would be a nice addition as well, it seems weird they didn't use him in Man of Steel. Conner Kent would be another awesome character to introduce at some point.

Lex and Brainiac vs Supergirl and Superman would be my ideal Superman sequel.

But yeah I really hope they do more solo Superman films in this universe, even if they aren't directed by Snyder

Dude,

I think it's too soon to pull out Doomsday for B v S,

I think the best villain has been sadly overlooked - Bizarro ! If you think Bizarro isn't a worthy villain, then check out Tom Taylor's evil Superman arc in Earth 2.

Plus Bizarro gives so many options about Superman having to confront himself, and maybe aspects of his personality that the writers can mess around with - that Bizarro's not actually evil, but twisted so that he only destroys, rather than protects

If I were put in charge of WB today it would go like this.....

B v S, Lex Luthor and Metallo

MOS 2 Brainiac and Luthor

JL part 1, Start with Apokoliptan bad guys and finish with Darkseid
JL part 2, Darkseid ! he should be tough enough to engage the whole JL

MOS 3 Doomsday , Lex Luthor and Bizarro, with Bizarro being the clone of Superman that Luthor creates to replace the fallen Superman
(basically a modified version of the animated film Superman: Doomsday).

Just IMO of course, and sadly WB haven't returned my calls, so I'm not going to be in charge any time soon.

My Choice would be Lord Vyndtyxthe Devilgod from 5D

Heres my plot idea for MOS 2
The Earth is about to explode.To save the Planet Superman participates in a Cosmic game run by an allpowerful Devil god.If he completes 10 trials,he wins the game and the Devilgod heals the planet.If he looses,The Devilgod gets his soul and the earth is destroyed.

Basically Superman meets the Hunger games

Action_Comics_Vol_2-15_Cover-2.jpg

Last edited:
I would love to see Lobo in a Superman film, he would play off of Superman well.

When the next solo Superman movie is released (after JL: Part II), they should take some influence from What's so Funny about Truth, Justice, & the American Way? / Superman vs. The Elite.

As many probably know, the storyline involves the arrival of a new group of "heroes" known as The Elite. Together their power makes them Superman's equals, but they don't shy from killing which helps them gain favor from the public who now question Superman & his inaction.

It's a great story set in the modern "real" world that offers plenty of action, but also balances it with some seriously good emotional punch that illustrates Superman's ideals and moral high ground.

Though a great deal of the story deals with Superman's "no kill" policy (which obviously would need to be retooled post-MOS...perhaps this even would strengthen the storyline as Superman now knows what it's like to cross that line), I think this storyline lends itself beautifully to DCCU. I think in the right hands, it could honestly be Superman's very own "TDK" in the sense that it'd be a movie loved by all.

Superman / Clark Kent - Henry Cavill (Man of Steel, Justice League)
Man-of-Steel-Henry-Cavill-in-Suit.jpg

Lois Lane - Amy Adams (Man of Steel, American Hustle)
NEMnJEaxZYadQP_1_b.jpg

Manchester Black - Eddie Redmayne (The Theory of Everything, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them)
Eddie-Redmayne-ES-Mag.jpg

Hat- Jay Chou (Now You See Me: The Second Act, Green Hornet)
047432500_1419495271-jay_cho.jpg

Coldcast - Richard T. Jones (Godzilla, Why Did I Get Married?)
gz-13174.jpg

Menagerie / Pam - Sofia Boutella (Kingsman: Secret Service, Star Trek Beyond)
sofia-boutella-star-trek-620x400.jpg

Perry White - Laurence Fishburne (Man of Steel, The MatrixTrilogy)
movies-man-of-steel-laurence-fishburne-perry-white.jpg

I truly hope they will use others than LEX LUTHOR for F**K sake! Superman villains deserves some justice. Brainiac would be great!

I think we all know that the Superman franchise will continue and if it does then as for the villain should be for Superman's standalone solo sequel then it should either be Bizarro or Brainiac or Darkseid

Darkseid will be the JL villain.

I actually am starting to think I would be happy with Mettallo in all honesty. Something in abut of a smaller scale and maybe give us a bit more of a personal story.

Metallo, Brainiac or Bizarro any one of the 3 would work but I think Lex they will somehow involve him in the sequel I mean given how Batman vs Superman ended with him in prison I see him either getting out of prison or escaping from prison

I totally understand why some people do not want Lex back, it's been done to death and I agree. BUT I really want to see this Lex again, nonetheless yes we do need variety. Metallo would be cool, definitely Brainiac. I'd prefer they wait off on Darkseid in general, like Marvel has with Thanos. What we need to ask ourselves is where does the story go after BvS or JL? We don't just want to place in a villain and just build a story around them, it should be the other way around. Lex tried to discredit and kill Superman, for xenophobic reasons. I can see Metallo being used as a response to we need a Superman but one we can control, being a robot and all. Personally, I really want to see Brainiac but we already got the alien invasion story in MoS.

Oh I want Lex back in some capacity, infact I'm hoping he's in the Suicide Squad sequel.

Oh I want Lex back in some capacity, infact I'm hoping he's in the Suicide Squad sequel.

Me too and if he is back in some capacity it would make sense especially after the way BVS ended

Zack Snyder and Henry Cavill Address the Possibility of a Solo Superman Movie
Angie Han said:
Speaking to, Snyder expressed his support for another Superman movie:

I think if we could get a good script it would be great to have a standalone Superman movie. I think that would be fun to do. […] Part of the reason we haven’t announced the standalone Superman movie this time was to support some of the events of this film [Batman v Superman].

Should another Superman movie take off in the next few years, it seems unlikely Snyder would direct — he’s currently tied up with Justice League: Part One, and he’s attached to direct Justice League: Part Two as well. But he could be involved as a producer, as he is on DC films like Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman.

Cavill, meanwhile, pointed out that Warner Bros. probably wants to see how things go with Batman v Superman first:
I do believe it depends upon the success of this movie. If this goes well then we can start to negotiate with Warner Bros. to develop a standalone Superman. But they’ve got their plan set out for other stuff and Justice Leagues and various other movies. It’s about finding the time, really. It’s something I’d be very keen to do.

Finally, producer Charles Roven acknowledged there have been discussions about the possibility of another Superman movie… but don’t get your hopes up, because it doesn’t sound like anything is confirmed:
We’re in the process of looking at that. But we don’t have it on the schedule at the moment because we’re quite busy with the movies that we have scheduled.

I think it's definitely gonna happen, but I do believe it will be further away than I'd hoped.

The problem with the anti-alien angle in this universe is it makes Brainwave really hard to do. If they are this distrustful of an alien who helps, then.....eh.

I really wish they would have made Man of Steel 2 already. I didn't really want Batman v Superman and I don't want Justice League movie either. It would have been awesome if they made Superman and Batman movies that aren't set in the same universe. I have no interest seeing them together.

Id love for Mettallo to be the villain . I read part of a script online before and Mettallo was created ( by Luthor I think) to show Supes up. I think it could be a straight up action adventure film with zero alien invasions or kryptonian ties to it ( besides kryptonite ). MOS had the whole invasion angle as well as Justice League ( I'm betting). Let's go with something different and then have Braniac teased and bring him in for the 3rd movie . I want to see inspiration taking from Darwyn Cooke and Evan "Doc" Shaner art. Bright, colorful, classic but modern . I wanna see Superman save the day, smile, more of the extended cast like Lois, Perry , etc .

Braniac is another threat from Krypton (MOS) and Metallo is a Lex creation (Doomsday in BvS)

they really messed up by doing the Death of Superman movie so early. They should've done it properly and introduced Superboy, Steel and Eradicator.

I feel like one of the few people that wants to see the Superfamily!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"