The Future Solo Superman Movies Thread

Discussion in 'Superman Sequels' started by Rorschach2012, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Rorschach2012

Rorschach2012 I'll Cancel the Pizzas

A place to discuss a potential solo Superman sequel.

Maybe there won't even be another solo Superman movie in this universe.
    But if there is...

I think Batman v Superman will feature Lex and Doomsday as the villains
    and I think Justice League may feature Brainiac as the villain, with Darkseid being the villain of Justice League 2.

If that's the case, Metallo and Parasite would be the next best option for a solo Superman movie.

If Brainiac isn't the villain of Justice League, I really would like to see a solo Superman film with Brainiac as the villain. Supergirl would also ideally be introduced in the next solo Superman film. Jimmy Olsen would be a nice addition as well, it seems weird they didn't use him in Man of Steel. Conner Kent would be another awesome character to introduce at some point.

Lex and Brainiac vs Supergirl and Superman would be my ideal Superman sequel.

But yeah I really hope they do more solo Superman films in this universe, even if they aren't directed by Snyder

2. WBwins

WBwins Well-Known Member

Superman 5D
    Lord Vyndtyx as a villain

3. Gabe99

Gabe99 Well-Known Member

‘Batman’ & ‘Superman’ Will Get New Standalone Movies Before 2020

HOT RUMOR: Warners Looking To Put 'Legion Of Superheroes' Into Development!

4. Batmannerism

Batmannerism Super-unknown

Dude,

I think it's too soon to pull out Doomsday for B v S,

I think the best villain has been sadly overlooked - Bizarro ! If you think Bizarro isn't a worthy villain, then check out Tom Taylor's evil Superman arc in Earth 2.

Plus Bizarro gives so many options about Superman having to confront himself, and maybe aspects of his personality that the writers can mess around with - that Bizarro's not actually evil, but twisted so that he only destroys, rather than protects

If I were put in charge of WB today it would go like this.....

B v S, Lex Luthor and Metallo

MOS 2 Brainiac and Luthor

JL part 1, Start with Apokoliptan bad guys and finish with Darkseid
    JL part 2, Darkseid ! he should be tough enough to engage the whole JL

MOS 3 Doomsday , Lex Luthor and Bizarro, with Bizarro being the clone of Superman that Luthor creates to replace the fallen Superman
    (basically a modified version of the animated film Superman: Doomsday).

Just IMO of course, and sadly WB haven't returned my calls, so I'm not going to be in charge any time soon.

5. WBwins

WBwins Well-Known Member

My Choice would be Lord Vyndtyxthe Devilgod from 5D

Heres my plot idea for MOS 2
    The Earth is about to explode.To save the Planet Superman participates in a Cosmic game run by an allpowerful Devil god.If he completes 10 trials,he wins the game and the Devilgod heals the planet.If he looses,The Devilgod gets his soul and the earth is destroyed.

Basically Superman meets the Hunger games

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  6. the5timechamp

the5timechamp Well-Known Member

I would love to see Lobo in a Superman film, he would play off of Superman well.

7. Superhero 101

8. BobJM

BobJM Who's Bad?

When the next solo Superman movie is released (after JL: Part II), they should take some influence from What's so Funny about Truth, Justice, & the American Way? / Superman vs. The Elite.

As many probably know, the storyline involves the arrival of a new group of "heroes" known as The Elite. Together their power makes them Superman's equals, but they don't shy from killing which helps them gain favor from the public who now question Superman & his inaction.

It's a great story set in the modern "real" world that offers plenty of action, but also balances it with some seriously good emotional punch that illustrates Superman's ideals and moral high ground.

Though a great deal of the story deals with Superman's "no kill" policy (which obviously would need to be retooled post-MOS...perhaps this even would strengthen the storyline as Superman now knows what it's like to cross that line), I think this storyline lends itself beautifully to DCCU. I think in the right hands, it could honestly be Superman's very own "TDK" in the sense that it'd be a movie loved by all.

Superman / Clark Kent - Henry Cavill (Man of Steel, Justice League)
    [​IMG]

Lois Lane - Amy Adams (Man of Steel, American Hustle)
    [​IMG]

Manchester Black - Eddie Redmayne (The Theory of Everything, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them)
    [​IMG]

Hat- Jay Chou (Now You See Me: The Second Act, Green Hornet)
    [​IMG]

Coldcast - Richard T. Jones (Godzilla, Why Did I Get Married?)
    [​IMG]

Menagerie / Pam - Sofia Boutella (Kingsman: Secret Service, Star Trek Beyond)
    [​IMG]

Perry White - Laurence Fishburne (Man of Steel, The MatrixTrilogy)
    [​IMG]

9. Gabe99

Gabe99 Well-Known Member

10. Ken-Kaniff

Ken-Kaniff MyCommonSenseIsTingling!

I truly hope they will use others than LEX LUTHOR for F**K sake! Superman villains deserves some justice. Brainiac would be great!

11. Mandon Knight

Mandon Knight Let's all Marvel in their achievement

Brainiac for me, only choice.

12. Tg11

Tg11 Well-Known Member

I think we all know that the Superman franchise will continue and if it does then as for the villain should be for Superman's standalone solo sequel then it should either be Bizarro or Brainiac or Darkseid

13. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

Darkseid will be the JL villain.

I actually am starting to think I would be happy with Mettallo in all honesty. Something in abut of a smaller scale and maybe give us a bit more of a personal story.

14. Tg11

Tg11 Well-Known Member

Metallo, Brainiac or Bizarro any one of the 3 would work but I think Lex they will somehow involve him in the sequel I mean given how Batman vs Superman ended with him in prison I see him either getting out of prison or escaping from prison

15. Decepticonus

Decepticonus Well-Known Member

I totally understand why some people do not want Lex back, it's been done to death and I agree. BUT I really want to see this Lex again, nonetheless yes we do need variety. Metallo would be cool, definitely Brainiac. I'd prefer they wait off on Darkseid in general, like Marvel has with Thanos. What we need to ask ourselves is where does the story go after BvS or JL? We don't just want to place in a villain and just build a story around them, it should be the other way around. Lex tried to discredit and kill Superman, for xenophobic reasons. I can see Metallo being used as a response to we need a Superman but one we can control, being a robot and all. Personally, I really want to see Brainiac but we already got the alien invasion story in MoS.

16. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

Oh I want Lex back in some capacity, infact I'm hoping he's in the Suicide Squad sequel.

17. Tg11

Tg11 Well-Known Member

Me too and if he is back in some capacity it would make sense especially after the way BVS ended

18. Gabe99

Gabe99 Well-Known Member

Zack Snyder and Henry Cavill Address the Possibility of a Solo Superman Movie

19. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

I think it's definitely gonna happen, but I do believe it will be further away than I'd hoped.

20. TheComicbookKid

TheComicbookKid Swing n Miss

The problem with the anti-alien angle in this universe is it makes Brainwave really hard to do. If they are this distrustful of an alien who helps, then.....eh.

21. Galactus123

Galactus123 Well-Known Member

I really wish they would have made Man of Steel 2 already. I didn't really want Batman v Superman and I don't want Justice League movie either. It would have been awesome if they made Superman and Batman movies that aren't set in the same universe. I have no interest seeing them together.

22. The Caped Knight

The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

I want Brainiac or Metallo for film II as the villain.

23. superman-mos

superman-mos Well-Known Member

Id love for Mettallo to be the villain . I read part of a script online before and Mettallo was created ( by Luthor I think) to show Supes up. I think it could be a straight up action adventure film with zero alien invasions or kryptonian ties to it ( besides kryptonite ). MOS had the whole invasion angle as well as Justice League ( I'm betting). Let's go with something different and then have Braniac teased and bring him in for the 3rd movie . I want to see inspiration taking from Darwyn Cooke and Evan "Doc" Shaner art. Bright, colorful, classic but modern . I wanna see Superman save the day, smile, more of the extended cast like Lois, Perry , etc .

24. MydnightPhoenix

MydnightPhoenix Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Braniac is another threat from Krypton (MOS) and Metallo is a Lex creation (Doomsday in BvS)

25. Rorschach2012

Rorschach2012 I'll Cancel the Pizzas

they really messed up by doing the Death of Superman movie so early. They should've done it properly and introduced Superboy, Steel and Eradicator.

I feel like one of the few people that wants to see the Superfamily!