Sequels If Snyder is Busy with JL, Who Directs the Next Solo Superman?

Have you seen Green Lantern First Flight and Green Lantern TAS? Watch those before judging Hal so harshly.

John Stewart and Hal both have awesome animated appearances.

the best GL animated appearances imo
1. Green Lantern: First Flight
2. Green Lantern: TAS
3. Justice League TAS: In Blackest Night
4. Justice League TAS: Hearts and Minds
5. Superman TAS: In Brightest Day
6. Emerald Knights

in comics, Hal and John are less comparable, Hal's stories utterly destroy John Stewart's.

Cyborg actually makes perfect sense. They needed an African American member on the core team, and it wasn't going to be John Stewart, because he's in the shadow of a far more established character. Cyborg isn't in anyone's shadow. He's not anyone's supporting cast. He's nobody's sidekick. He stands on his own.

John Stewart does not stand on his own. His existence has strong ties to Hal Jordan, the first Earth GL (not including Alan Scott). And when Hal is left out of the GL universe, there's basically nothing left. Take John out of the GL universe and basically everything is intact.

They should've expanded the JL roster to 8 members, keeping Martian Manhunter. But they did make a smart move in using Cyborg to provide diversity instead of John Stewart, and I'm not mad about it.

The only downside is that his history with the Titans is taken away.

You're speaking a little too early in regards to John Stewart not being a character that stands on his own, especially if we don't know whether the GL reboot is going to feature Hal or John.

You're speaking a little too early in regards to John Stewart not being a character that stands on his own, especially if we don't know whether the GL reboot is going to feature Hal or John.
If people had an understanding of the presently existing GL mythology, they would understand that Hal Jordan is the central character of that mythology.

And Martian Manhunter is the heart of the JL and has been for 50 years.

Meanwhile Cyborg hasn't formed a bond or friendship with any member in 3 years as an OG member.

If people had an understanding of the presently existing GL mythology, they would understand that Hal Jordan is the central character of that mythology.

And yet, other forms of media used John Stewart as the lead Green Lantern successfully.

And yet, other forms of media used John Stewart as the lead Green Lantern successfully.
And yet, they ruined the greatest Green Lantern villain by using John Stewart. Sinestro was an awful character on JL TAS. Star Sapphire? also ruined.

Hal vs Sinestro is the appeal of the Green Lantern mythology. It is the equivalent of Superman vs Luthor or Batman vs Joker. He is the primary nemesis of that world and using John Stewart prevents the hero from having a meaningful relationship with Sinestro unless there's an extensive rewriting of his character to make him more like Hal Jordan.

Well they didn't ruin them as bad as the live action Green Lantern movie.

And hell we forgetting Despero and the Manhunters with John?

I've seen the first couple episodes of GLTAS and the Sinstro episode (though the Sinistro episode was bc Perlman was Sinistro's voice).

I just like John better.
watch Green Lantern First Flight before deciding if you like Hal or John better.

It's by far my favorite GL animated appearance.

Well they didn't ruin them as bad as the live action Green Lantern movie.

And hell we forgetting Despero and the Manhunters with John?

what're you suggesting those villains for a GL movie? to suggest anything other than Sinestro vs Hal and the GLs for the GL reboot is foolish.

Last edited:
...Tim Burton.

*Watches the thread panic*

...Tim Burton.

*Watches the thread panic*

You think the thread will panic? Well all I have to say is if that happened,

GIF-aint-even-mad-amazing-angry-mad-not-even-mad-Will-Ferrell-GIF.gif

Brad Bird gets the job solely for the glory that is The Iron Giant.

Iron-Giant-Superman-1024x500.png

Jonathan Nolan. I say give it to him, let it be his directorial debut, and let him go wild. He was originally rumored for Man of Steel before Snyder was hired.

No way, that's too much faith to put into a first time director

Ror, you do realize Paramount gave the writer to TASM2 and Transformers 2 the job to take over Abrams and direct Star Trek 3 even though he hasn't directed a flying piece of **** in his life?

I'd love to see him take on another DC film.

I respect Tim Burton for being the only person who'd agree to direct Batman 89, and thus made film companies take comicbook films seriously, but I want him kept as far away from CBM's as possible now.

Zach Snyder will direct MOS 2. JL 1 and 2 will be shot back to back then they will get cracking on MOS 2. Well of aware of post production. But Snyder seems like a workaholic and these guys are gonna get paid a lot of money.

Snyder is not giving up Superman.

Zach Snyder will direct MOS 2. JL 1 and 2 will be shot back to back then they will get cracking on MOS 2. Well of aware of post production. But Snyder seems like a workaholic and these guys are gonna get paid a lot of money.

Henry's his boy...it would be hard for Zack to give him up. Since Snyder is the one tied to the beginning of all of it with MoS, I bet his last will be MoS2 with Henry. Who knows after that.

Duncan Jones for MOS 2 if Snyder cant do it

Jonathan Nolan. I say give it to him, let it be his directorial debut, and let him go wild. He was originally rumored for Man of Steel before Snyder was hired.

I'd prefer to see his Westworld pilot for HBO first. :)

But some names I'd like:

Kathryn Bigelow
John Hillcoat
Justin Lin
Denis Villeneuve
J.A. Bayona
Jaume Collet-Serra

But my dream choices are Robert Zemeckis and Andy & Lana Wachowski. :)

Yeah, you're probably correct here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"