The Great Raid

NOFX

Superhero
Reaction score
is anyone interested to see this?? From the trailer it looks pretty good.

Yep....I'll be there. I'm always interested in WWII movies.

I thought it was going to be a mini series, but yeah, I'm gonna check it out.

Set in the Philippines in 1945, "The Great Raid" tells the true story of the 6th Ranger Battalion, under the command of Lieutenant Colonel Henry Mucci (Benjamin Bratt) who undertake a daring rescue mission against all odds. Traveling thirty miles behind enemy lines, the 6th Ranger Battalion aims to liberate over 500 American prisoners-of-war from the notorious Cabanatuan Japanese POW camp in the most audacious rescue ever.
Genres: Action/Adventure and Thriller

Release Date: August 12th, 2005 (wide).
MPAA Rating: R for strong war violence and brief language.
Distributor: Miramax

its teh new saving private ryan. itll have big legs and be a 140 million plus hit in the end.

I saw it on Saturday. Damn fine film. Joseph Feinnes gives a great performance. Benjamin Bratt and Connie Nielsen give good performances too. It shows the brutality and heroism of war.

History classes in schools don't get too deep into the specifics of WWII these days....so for those that don't know a lot about it, the movie does a good job of explaining the reasons behind the fall of the Philippenes and the capture of so many men (and why so few were left by the end of the war). I also like that it showed how much the Philippene resistence fighters helped with the raid and with keeping the prisoners alive until the rescue.

I finally saw this movie and i must say its awesome!!! Should have seen long time ago!!! Great performance by Joseph Feinnes!!! I recommend this movie for anyone who likes good movies!

is this the movie with James Franco?

Excel said:
its teh new saving private ryan. itll have big legs and be a 140 million plus hit in the end.
Man was that off!!!

I was lucky enough to see it at the theater.

When it first came out on DVD it was only in "standard" screen format for some reason....it took another 6 months or so to come out in "widescreen"....so I had a long wait to see it again.

As a WW2 buff and a WW2 movie fanatic, I was underwhelmed by the Great Raid. With Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers, and a few more of the recent WW2 films, I think the bar has been raised for realism and unfortunately as a result, the Great Raid fell way short and failed to pull me in. I think the director aimed for a more classical approach, but this only hurt the film. The actors weren't convincing either, like they had just picked up their rifles and started filming immediately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"