The Greatest Criminal Mind of Our Time: Nicholas Hoult IS Lex Luthor

Lily Adler

#forthecontent! 📹 (she/her)
Staff member
Reaction score
Discuss and fan cast our favorite mad scientist and evil CEO of LexCorp.

Everyone sees Matrix 4 and now want the Groffster. :o

actor-jonathan-groff-is-photographed-for-just-jared-on-november-11-picture-id492376466

I don’t really get the Groff thing. He’s a good actor but his performance in Matrix 4 fell flat for me. He kinda just came off like a frat boy.

If this were ten years ago, I would have gone for making Lex into a tech giant in the shape of Steve Jobs or Bill Gates. Then Snyder ****ed that up with the Mark Zuckerberg version which I get the intent but come on.

I'm now cool with Luthor being charming son of a ***** and savvy type like always... I would even say maybe get a big name for him.

Cue the Jeff Bezos should be the basis for Lex comments.

If this were ten years ago, I would have gone for making Lex into a tech giant in the shape of Steve Jobs or Bill Gates. Then Snyder ****ed that up with the Mark Zuckerberg version which I get the intent but come on.

I'm now cool with Luthor being charming son of a ***** and savvy type like always... I would even say maybe get a big name for him.

Cue the Jeff Bezos should be the basis for Lex comments.

Not Bezos. Musk. Because while Bezos may technically LOOK like Luthor and be just as evil, Musk is worse in that he’s somehow managed to dupe people into thinking he’s this visionary and anti-establishment crusader, when in actuality he’s just a tax-dodging slimeball and propagandist.

Also; he’d totally look like Luthor too if it wasn’t for the hair plugs.

Not Bezos. Musk. Because while Bezos may technically LOOK like Luthor and be just as evil, Musk is worse in that he’s somehow managed to dupe people into thinking he’s this visionary and anti-establishment crusader, when in actuality he’s just a tax-dodging slimeball and propagandist.

Also; he’d totally look like Luthor too if it wasn’t for the hair plugs.
tenor.gif

Tom Cruise
Denzel Washington
Tom Hanks
Daniel Day Lewis

these are the kinda of ambitious names they should go for.

Glenn Howerton is my top pick for Lex and Ultra Humanite.

Jonathan Groff would have the same vibe as Glenn, but without making you think of Dennis lol

Jonathan Groff would have the same vibe as Glenn, but without making you think of Dennis lol

No, but he would make me think of his wannabe Smith character from The Matrix Resurrections and that would be worse

I think Howerton’s good enough to make them feel like separate characters but I get the concern. :D I don’t much like Groff as a dramatic actor. He’s dull in Mindhunter IMO.

Except that character is good and he’s good in it

Nope

I think Howerton’s good enough to make them feel like separate characters but I get the concern. :D I don’t much like Groff as a dramatic actor. He’s dull in Mindhunter IMO.

He sucks in action movies too if Resurrections is any indication. I like him in Hamilton but that’s it so far.

Hamilton’s the only other thing I’ve seen him in and he’s on stage for like…5 minutes. It shows he has a good grasp on comedy but I dunno…I need to see him in more stuff, maybe.

Lang is almost 70. I love the guy but I think he’s a bit too old for Lex.

Even if Lang wasn't so old, his whole vibe and acting style doesn't fit Lex imo.

Honestly, with a decent script, competent director - portraying a man, corrupted by power, wanting more, but harbouring a painful, emotionally charged secret - giving a subtle, yet honest performance then this actor could be amazing and could be the equivalent to Rouke's Wrestler.
Unknown.jpeg

He strikes me as more of a Lionel than a Lex tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"