BvS Zack Snyder's Man of Steel Pt.2

Does this mean they think Interstellar will do better than Superman/Batman?
Geeks of Doom August 23rd, 2008:
‘Superman’ Has ‘Dark Knight’ Envy
Warner Bros. Pictures Group President Jeff Robinov spoke to WSJ about where the studio is going, where they want to be in a few years, and what their plans are for their DC Comics properties, such as the caped man in the spandex going darker on us right along with other heroes.
“‘Superman’ didn’t quite work as a film in the way that we wanted it to,” says Mr. Robinov. “It didn’t position the character the way he needed to be positioned. Had ‘Superman’ worked in 2006, we would have had a movie for Christmas of this year or 2009, but now the plan is just to reintroduce Superman… We’re going to try to go dark to the extent that the characters allow it.
THR 6/24/2013:
It's Official: Jeff Robinov Out at Warner Bros.

Thomas Tull '92 Discusses His Journey From Hamilton to Hollywood April 21, 2008
While he explained that Legendary focuses on commercial projects over independent films, he said that the company seeks to make the stories they tell "elevated" and take the source material seriously.

a Superman sequel (inWhich Tull hopes to invoke more of the image of "an angry god"),
THR 8/14/2013:
Legendary Scores Christopher Nolan's 'Interstellar' in Warner Bros. Divorce (Exclusive)
His "Dark Knight Rises" follow-up is one of several shared projects for the separated studios.
This story first appeared in the Aug. 23 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Tatiana Siegel & Stephen Galloway said:
Legendary Pictures and Warner Bros.' eight-year union was considered one of the more successful co-financing partnerships in Hollywood history. So it should come as no surprise that the two companies are working out some shared custody with their cinematic offspring.

Sources tell THR that before its June split with Warners, Legendary negotiated to retain a hefty stake in Christopher Nolan's sci-fi tentpole Interstellar, starring an ensemble including Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway and Casey Affleck. The arrangement still is being finalized, but sources say Legendary will finance 25 percent or more of the big-budget project, which began shooting Aug. 6 in Alberta, Canada. The move adds a third backer, along with Paramount, which will release the film domestically Nov. 7, 2014 (Warners is spearheading international).

Back in March, it was reported that Legendary would not have a financial role in Interstellar despite having helped bankroll Nolan's Batman trilogy as well as his megahit Inception. But when its Warner Bros. divorce proceedings began, Legendary came to the bargaining table with an option to board the follow-up to Man of Steel, which it helped finance. Sources say Warners CEO Kevin Tsujihara wanted to keep the studio's DC Comics properties to itself and instead offered Legendary a stake in Interstellar. Considering Nolan's last three films as a director (The Dark Knight, Inception and The Dark Knight Rises) have grossed nearly $3 billion worldwide combined, Legendary CEO Thomas Tull jumped at the opportunity.

I am perfectly OK with Lois and Clark getting married and having a child. I would have no problems with MOS 3 having Superman the father (I doubt we will see it in MOS 2). SR was Superman the deadbeat dad, the man who runs away when he gets too close to a woman or something.

Or didn't know that Lois was pregnant, and doesn't want to disrupt Lois' life too much, now that she is engaged.

I'm defending Returns, but just writing out those sentences reminds me of how soap operaish the whole non-throwback parts ARE.

Zack Snyder and Henry Cavill Address the Possibility of a Solo Superman Movie
Angie Han said:
Speaking to IGN, Snyder expressed his support for another Superman movie:

I think if we could get a good script it would be great to have a standalone Superman movie. I think that would be fun to do. […] Part of the reason we haven’t announced the standalone Superman movie this time was to support some of the events of this film [Batman v Superman].

Should another Superman movie take off in the next few years, it seems unlikely Snyder would direct — he’s currently tied up with Justice League: Part One, and he’s attached to direct Justice League: Part Two as well. But he could be involved as a producer, as he is on DC films like Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman.

Cavill, meanwhile, pointed out that Warner Bros. probably wants to see how things go with Batman v Superman first:
I do believe it depends upon the success of this movie. If this goes well then we can start to negotiate with Warner Bros. to develop a standalone Superman. But they’ve got their plan set out for other stuff and Justice Leagues and various other movies. It’s about finding the time, really. It’s something I’d be very keen to do.

Finally, producer Charles Roven acknowledged there have been discussions about the possibility of another Superman movie… but don’t get your hopes up, because it doesn’t sound like anything is confirmed:
We’re in the process of looking at that. But we don’t have it on the schedule at the moment because we’re quite busy with the movies that we have scheduled.

Last edited:
dont think its technically zack's MOS 2. After JL 2, he will most likely be a producer on the rest of the DC films. His wife says they plan on working on The Last Photograph after JL 2.

Zack Snyder and Henry Cavill Address the Possibility of a Solo Superman Movie
If BvS had been better we'd of heard a standalone Superman announcement I'm guessing. Maybe JL can improve things, and get us a proper Superman sequel :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"