BvS Zack Snyder's Man of Steel Pt.2

Yeah, that could be interesting if they out Clark's identity. It would be a bold choice but not necessarily a bad one.

it would be more interesting if que the angry fans they re explore later i mean much later the idea of superman having a child this time with supes being a real loving father and giving him responsibilities that are more everyman and the other reason why its interesting is this how far is he willing to go to protect his family will he kill a villian to save his son this villian isnt going to destroy the world but think about it you have a situation in which only one can survive a villian or your family who would you choose a person you will miss or a person no one will miss but is still a life

MoS 2 by 2014 would be almost impossible. It can't be rushed if they want quality.

Fox rushed X: First Class and it ended up being a good film once everything is said and done. Filming started late August 2010, and reshoots went up through April 2011. Impressive considering the time crunch.

If WB was considering a December 2014 date, it wouldn't be rushing it if filming began late this year. They'd still have 6-7 months of post-production to get it done.

Earliest we'll get the MOS sequel is spring 2015. But I think that's off the table unless WB has another sequel they can set for July 2015.

Fox rushed X: First Class and it ended up being a good film once everything is said and done. Filming started late August 2010, and reshoots went up through April 2011. Impressive considering the time crunch.

If WB was considering a December 2014 date, it wouldn't be rushing it if filming began late this year. They'd still have 6-7 months of post-production to get it done.

Earliest we'll get the MOS sequel is spring 2015. But I think that's off the table unless WB has another sequel they can set for July 2015.
2014 s bogus they don't have a script yet a blockbuster cant be made on the fly that fast and cavil has to shoot man from uncle

THR:
It's Official: Jeff Robinov Out at Warner Bros.
The executive is not part of a realignment of the studio's film group that elevates Sue Kroll, Greg Silverman and Toby Emmerich.

THR:
Warner Bros., Legendary End Talks to Renew Pact
Eight years after they joined in a co-financing arrangement, negotiations have broken down, with Legendary continuing talks to move to Universal or Sony.
Alex Ben Block said:
One of Hollywood’s most successful movie partnerships has come to an end as Legendary Pictures and Warner Bros. have broken off negotiations to renew their production and co-financing arrangement, according to sources.

Legendary has been in talks with Warners about a renewal of their deal, first negotiated in 2005, while also holding discussions with other studios, most notably Universal and Sony, about moving their operations there.

On Monday, both Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures declined to comment on the status of their negotiations.

In recent months, Legendary founder and CEO Thomas Tull is said to have spoken to other studios before paring down his list to Universal and Sony.

NBCUniversal is seen as especially promising because it not only has movie distribution but also an extensive television operation. Legendary recently hired former Warner TV head Bruce Rosenblum to run its TV operations, signaling that it is planning a major expansion.

Although they have had success with Legendary financing a significant portion of big-budget Warner Bros. movies, including Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Man of Steel and The Hangover, both companies have different agendas at this point.

Legendary has been increasing the percentage of ownership in such movies as the upcoming Pacific Rim and 300: Rise of an Empire. Legendary was the sole financier of 42 and of the upcoming The Seventh Son. It also funded 75 percent of Pacific Rim and the upcoming Godzilla.

Legendary also has developed a number of its own movie projects, including Warcraft and Hot Wheels – with budgets expected to top $100 million each.

Tull wants to be more involved as a producer and not just be a passive financier, according to sources. He wants to be consulted on everything from the script to the marketing in a much more intense way than he has at Warner Bros.

Meanwhile, Warner Bros., according to sources, is looking to take complete ownership of movies made from its DC comics franchise as it did with the Harry Potter films, rather than splitting the revenue in return for co-financing.

Warners still has a co-financing arrangement with Village Roadshow, which recently was refinanced with more than $1 billion, and reportedly is looking to raise additional capital through an arrangement to be led by Bank of America and Merrill Lynch.

Warner Bros. also wants out of a situation where Legendary has the right to cherry pick which of its movies to finance. Other slate deals at studios typically include investments in a wider range of movies.

Warner Bros. had a right to match any offers Legendary got from other studios but now apparently has walked away from any deal.

The news that Legendary will not renew its pact with Warner Bros. comes on the heels of the departure of Jeff Robinov as head of movie production. Warner Bros.' new chairman, Kevin Tsujihara, reportedly met with Tull, but they were not able to reach an agreement.

Legendary has been preparing for this split for months. It raised $443 million in capital in December and has a $700 million credit facility set up in 2011.

Screen Rant:
Zack Snyder Talks ‘Man of Steel 2′; Hints at Lex Luthor and Kryptonite in the Future

Source: Moviehole: Zack Snyder
Mandy Griffiths said:
I hear the sequel has been greenlit, and you’ve already got your villain and setting laid out?

I’m going to be a hundred percent honest with you, I haven’t yet gotten to speak to the studio about all these awesome details (because I’ve been overseas on the junket). So my hope is, when I get home I can sit down with everyone and it’ll be like ‘Okay, so what are we going to do?.. we need to do something…

What are the questions you’re going to have answer next time out?

‘We almost destroyed the world last time, now what!?’

Superman & Batman Film Set for Comic-Con Reveal
Zach Snyder will direct the follow-up to his "Man of Steel" in 2015 with a tentative plan for "Flash" and "Justice League" movies to follow in 2016 and 2017, sources confirm to THR.
Borys Kit said:
After decades of fighting evil solo, Batman and Superman will finally be teaming up on the big screen, multiple sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.

Snyder's Man of Steel, which rebooted the Superman franchise, has grossed north of $600 million worldwide since it hit theaters this June.

Batman and Superman have a long history in of teaming up in the comic book universe. Starting in 1954, D.C. published a comic titled Worlds Finest, which featured the two as best pals who joined forces.

The dynamic between the two changed with Frank Miller’s 1986 The Dark Knight mini-series in which the two were on opposite sides of the philosophical and political fence.

Since then, that sort of antagonism has permeated most of the stories of them working together.

The LA Times first reported the news of the Batman & Superman film.

Superman & Batman Film Set for Comic-Con Reveal
Zach Snyder will direct the follow-up to his "Man of Steel" in 2015 with a tentative plan for "Flash" and "Justice League" movies to follow in 2016 and 2017, sources confirm to THR.

*almighty fist pump* YES!!

now who's gonna be Batman? i know Bale bailed on it, and he may be above truck-dumping-loads-of-cash-on-his-doorstep kinda guy... but he isnt above pleading is he? specially if TPTB pledges animal shelters or something? :woot:

They shouldn't call it Man of Steel 2 if it's going to have Batman in it.

I dont have a problem with it, after all, Byrne's Man of Steel #3 had Batman meeting Supes for the 1st time and Batman's name wasnt in the title.

Maybe (hopefully) the movie won't be "Man of Steel 2" but "World's Finest". They said Snyder would follow up, not specifically that it would be Man of Steel 2, unless I'm misreading (I've been awake for a long while now).

So pumped for this. I was blown away when Avengers was coming, this is just as good. World's Finest and Flash and Justice League. Just.... Too much..... Should have sent.... A poet....

Am I right in reading that there is no Man of Steel sequel with standalone Superman? It was rumored for a (shockingly fast) 2014 release...

I dont have a problem with it, after all, Byrne's Man of Steel #3 had Batman meeting Supes for the 1st time and Batman's name wasnt in the title.

Marketing will want to have some form of batman in the title I imagine. I can only see them going the World's Finest route if they do something different.

Bats will obviously feature heavilly in the advertising be it trailers or posters as his inclusion in the movie is one of the main selling points; what I'm saying is that I dont agree that his name MUST be part of the title. It's still Supes' movie and Bats is effectively a supporting character.

The Wrap:
Legendary Trades 'Man of Steel' Sequel Stake for a Piece of Christopher Nolan's 'Interstellar'
Nolan's 2014 sci-fi original will keep Warners in business with Legendary as it transitions to Universal
Brent Lang said:
Legendary Pictures will have a stake in Christopher Nolan's upcoming "Interstellar," and in return will bow out of Warner Bros. "Man of Steel" sequel, two individuals with knowledge of the situation confirmed

"Interstellar" is being co-produced by Paramount Pictures and Warner Bros. The move ensures that Legendary and Warner Bros. will remain in business together after their eight-year financing and co-production pact ends this year.

In July, Legendary entered into a five-year film partnership with Universal Pictures that will begin in 2014. Legendary worked out a deal to invest in a significant piece of "Interstellar" after it agreed to give up its stake in the Batman-meets-Superman sequel to "Man of Steel," one individual said.

"Interstellar" hinges on the use of wormholes for space travel and is currently shooting in Alberta, Canada. Jessica Chastain, Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Ellen Burstyn and Michael Caine star in the film, which will be released Nov. 7, 2014.

So if Flash confirmed for 2016? That means he'll have a TV series on CW and a film.

That doesn't bother me at all. They can do Barry on tv and Wally on film.

Does this mean they think Interstellar will do better than Superman/Batman?

I'd say its a vote of confidence in Nolan first and foremost. Given his record they probably feel its a better bet than Batman/Superman.

I think folks are hyping the potential numbers for WF way too high.

Nope .
It s going to Leak $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Contenders for Batman:

Anson Mount - My top choice. Anyone who has seen Hell on Wheels knows this is Bruce/Batman of the wild west. Plus, he's an actor that deserves a strong film credit IMO.

Karl Urban- Dude owned as Dredd, would easily translate to Batman. However, he has two franchises under his belt and I would like to see him stick with Dredd.

Matt Bomer -He embodies the suave sophistication of Bruce in White Collar, plus he is cooler than the other side of a pillow, not to mention there is a black & white photo online of him and cavill that just makes me think Supes & Bats.

Josh Brolin -Guy has the look of Bruce and Batman, plus he is a darn good actor.

Steven Strait -Has a good voice and look and if he packed on 10-20 lbs could be a good Batman for the next few years

Ben Barnes -Same as Steven, plus he has those dark eyes.

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau -He has a good look for Bruce, but I'd rather he be Aquaman if the role goes of Bats goes to any of the above actors.

Luke Evans -A lot of people have brought up his name. I think he might make a good Batman if they go for a more acrobatic Bats as he has that look to him.

You can get plenty of story out of a single villain, and even I'll admit the movies haven't made the best use of him. There's Superman, but Lex is somewhat marred by the comedic sidekicks, he's only a supporting villain in II, he's a bit closer to the comics version in IV but that's wasted on a bad movie, and his plan in Returns is just ridiculous.

If the villain is someone like Bizarro, Metallo, or Parasite, you can easily work him in as the one pulling the strings, or even the one who created them.

The thing with Lex Luthor is he is the name of Superman's enemy, but what he is beyond that has changed a huge amount over time. STM, L&C and STAS have very different Lex's. True, he is more similar in L&C and STAS, but still quite different. In STAS he is an arms dealer, who clear operates near the edge of the law. In L&c he is a businessman and philanthropist, most of whose official actions seem above board, except maybe his fast-tracking nuclear power plants, but he secretly recruits gangsters to drive down the price of land he wants and lots of other illegal actions.

it would be more interesting if que the angry fans they re explore later i mean much later the idea of superman having a child this time with supes being a real loving father and giving him responsibilities that are more everyman and the other reason why its interesting is this how far is he willing to go to protect his family will he kill a villian to save his son this villian isnt going to destroy the world but think about it you have a situation in which only one can survive a villian or your family who would you choose a person you will miss or a person no one will miss but is still a life

I am perfectly OK with Lois and Clark getting married and having a child. I would have no problems with MOS 3 having Superman the father (I doubt we will see it in MOS 2). SR was Superman the deadbeat dad, the man who runs away when he gets too close to a woman or something.

This is why I don't get objections to Batman in MOS 2. Batman appears in Superman comics a lot, why not in films?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"