The Green Hornet

Rogen has lost so much weight that I could actually buy him as the GH now, but unfortunately with Stephen Chow out of the picture, I really have no interest left in this movie. Chow would have been what saved this movie, and now he is no longer part of the equation.

I'm sorry that I have to be the one to say this, but Stephen Chow = overrated. Yeah he's an above average actor/director/producer/writer. But with the way everyone seems to be raving about him - you'd think that he was the messiah who can turn (a somewhat) mediocre franchise into solid gold.

I would have preferred him on board sure, but I'm going to go and see this movie with an open-mind. And I don't honestly think that casting Seth Rogen is tantamount to killing newborn kittens like everyone seems to be acting. Some people really need to put things into perspective and act accordingly, not decry this as the next Batman&Robin before we have even been blessed with a trailer let alone the finished product. Let's just give this a try, and if it's rubbish - sure you can say 'told you so' but I fail to see how that will make the world a better place.

for God's sakes, this was a hard thread to find!

Anyway, Stephen is not overrated because Joe Public doesn't know who he is. Overrated is a buzz word that gets thrown around TOO MUCH, esp online.

for God's sakes, this was a hard thread to find!

Anyway, Stephen is not overrated because Joe Public doesn't know who he is. Overrated is a buzz word that gets thrown around TOO MUCH, esp online.

agreed. the word is overrated

do you guys think that The Green Hornet is in trouble. Not with just Chow leaving as director (and perhaps leaving in general) but because of The Spirit. I hate that kind of logic, but Hollywood tends to think like that.

It's just that The Spirit was too much like Sin City, and yet, it wasn't Sin City. The novelty of such a direction aspect of that film is not thrilling to most people now. Sin City was huge when it came out and people enjoyed that direction of film making, but lighting usually doesn't strike twice.

Oh, the idea of having a hero were that tiny little 'mask' to hide his idenity, .... people saw that as stupid in the trailers. I'm speaking general audiences of course. But I'm surprised it didn't do as well as thought, Sam Jackson and Scarlett Johanson I thought was enough to be successful. Perhaps next time she should get naked. That'll get peoples attention.

I think that the domino mask and tailored suit represents the simplicity of The Spirit. Actually, I love that look, and that's why I'm for The Green Hornet.

I think you can always make that appealing to the general public; and I think Watchmen will test that (The Comedian/ Ozy)

I don't think the issue was so much with the character, but that the movie just came across as derivative and uninspired. Being stacked up against all of the Christmas competition didn't help, either.

it didn't.

I really think if Rogen is going down the comedic route, then they should pay attention to the one movie that blended comedy, action, and sci-fi perfectly: GHOSTBUSTERS.

Not only Ghostbusters was funny, but the threat was real (well to the city). I think Green Hornet should follow suit and NOT try to be like the movie version of Starky and Hutch

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=8012

Is Seth Rogen's Green Hornet Dead?
Source:HitFix.com
January 24, 2009

Drew McWeeny of the fledgling entertainment site HitFix had been hearing from various unnamed sources at the Sundance Film Festival that Seth Rogen's plan to bring the '30s pulp hero The Green Hornet may have stalled with the departure of Stephen Chow as the film's director, as reported last month.

Drew says:

Ever since Stephen Chow started to waffle about his participation in the film, I've been hearing rumors that there were major hesitations at Sony. Then at Sundance, I heard several people say that the film was off completely. I spoke this afternoon with a source close to the film, and while they didn't call it completely dead, they did say it is "highly unlikely" that the film will shoot in 2009 at all.

Currently, Sony still has The Green Hornet listed on their release schedule for June 25, 2010 giving Rogen plenty of time to find a new director and a new Kato, but if it gets moved or pulled from that great summer release date, we can probably start taking these rumors more seriously.

---------------------------------------------------------------

This may sound cold, but am I the only one who thought "good riddance" when they read this?

What the hell happened here? Why is the project stalling like this?

Rogen has lost so much weight that I could actually buy him as the GH now, but unfortunately with Stephen Chow out of the picture, I really have no interest left in this movie. Chow would have been what saved this movie, and now he is no longer part of the equation.

Thats how I feel about this project right now, Chow was more my point of interest, since Kato is the real star in this show.

kato isn't the star...

do your hw. he was the star of the 60's show only b/c bruce lee was & is a household name

if you know the history of the Hornet, then you know that Kato is & should be the equivalent of Robin

damn damn damn

i was really looking forward to this
after seeing pineapple express i know that a comedy can be treated like an action movie and be good

Not to say that it's completely over; who knows...it might be still in the running.

But they need to get it running at least before June for next year.

Because it's the freaking Green Hornet that's why.

This isn't Spider-man we are talking about. It's not even Ghost Rider. And Rogen doesn't automatically = BOX OFFICE. Please see Zach and Miri.

Stephen Chow, I figured he wouldn't mix with Hollywood and this wouldn't work out.

Also there hasn't really been a movie like Green Hornet before that worked.

Because it's the freaking Green Hornet that's why.

This isn't Spider-man we are talking about. It's not even Ghost Rider. And Rogen doesn't automatically = BOX OFFICE. Please see Zach and Miri.

Stephen Chow, I figured he wouldn't mix with Hollywood and this wouldn't work out.

Also there hasn't really been a movie like Green Hornet before that worked.

With this sort of brave attitude no wonder hollywood is only making remakes and sequels

*i do understand that this is just your opinion and you are not hollywood

but heck, i wish hollywood stop being such *****es and take some risks with some interesting films

im so sick of seeing the same **** over and over again

I fail to see how THE GREEN HORNET starring Seth Rogen would...be...

Oh.

Interesting. Yes. Yes, I suppose it would have been.

I'm not devastated over this.

I like Rogen and I love Chow's work. But I mean, this whole idea was just too weird to me. I'm not a huge Green Hornet fan or anything, but the project just kind of felt like train wreck written all over it.

I think it's for the best if they do something else.

okay, im a huge fan of GH & all the mythos surrounding it.

when i 1st heard of rogen as the hornet, i was perplexed & quite frankly pissed.

i then heard he was getting in shape for the role & decided i would give it a chance, but am now excited to hear it might be stalled

I want a dark "noirish" version of the hornet, something more in line w/ batman '89

I was actually pretty interested in this. Though I'm not familiar with a lot of Chinese/Thai films I'm sure they could tap some talent out there to play Kato.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"