The Halloween Film Series Thread... - Part 4

Honestly the only timeline I can't stomach is the Rob Zombie one. All the others are enjoyable for the most part.

My preferred is H78, H2, H20 specifically due to my fondness of the original and H2.

I'm not the biggest Halloween 'connoisseur'. I've seen all the movies at least once and I usually rewatch one or two of them for October but I'm not that deep into the lore and the mythology.
But I've always liked the H'78/ HII / H20 trilogy. And I have a great deal of respect for (most of) Ends. I'm gonna rewatch that DGG trilogy at some point to see how I feel about it as a whole.

Speaking of Ends, how much of it do you think was changed/re-written due to the COVID delays?

I know we heard of some extra attention and tweaks being made to the script, however I took that as more of a fine-tuning rather than re-writes.

Do you think the DGG trilogy arc was always intended to play out as it did?

Think they were playing it by ear.

I could be wrong, but that's how it felt.

I just rewatched Ends about 2 weeks ago. I actually still dig the film overall, and think it would've been better recieved had it been set up in the second film.

Overall, for me, I think the Halloween 1978 and Halloween 2018 is the perfect double feature. Every film in this franchise is watchable, and I can enjoy to an extent. I actaully own all of them in 4k, and the only ones I don't own are the Rob Zombie films.

Speaking of Ends, how much of it do you think was changed/re-written due to the COVID delays?

I know we heard of some extra attention and tweaks being made to the script, however I took that as more of a fine-tuning rather than re-writes.

Do you think the DGG trilogy arc was always intended to play out as it did?
I have no idea about the innerworkings of the writing stage but I do think things and characters from Ends should've been set up in the previous films. It would've been a much tighter trilogy with a clear focus.

I have no idea about the innerworkings of the writing stage but I do think things and characters from Ends should've been set up in the previous films. It would've been a much tighter trilogy with a clear focus.
That's my thought as well. Ends wasn't necessarily an organic follow-up to H18 and HK. At least, not in my opinion. I think the idea of Corey would've been more attractive had the character had time to marinate over the span of the three films as you said.

That's my thought as well. Ends wasn't necessarily an organic follow-up to H18 and HK. At least, not in my opinion. I think the idea of Corey would've been more attractive had the character had time to marinate over the span of the three films as you said.
Right, exactly. They also had the perfect set up for future Halloween films with Corey/The Shape if they wanted to. That character was really interesting and they could keep the iconic mask.
There is just nowhere else to go with Michael Myers.

Timeline rankings...

Halloween
Halloween > Halloween
Halloween > Halloween > Halloween Kills > Halloween Ends
Halloween III - Season Of The Witch

Halloween > Halloween II
Halloween > Halloween II > Halloween - 20 Years Later
Halloween > Halloween II > Halloween 4 > Halloween 5 > Halloween 6

Rob Zombie's Halloween > Rob Zombie's Halloween II

Halloween > Halloween II > Halloween - 20 Years Later > Halloween Resurrection

...think that's all of them, for me.

Users who are viewing this thread