The Horror Thread - Part 7

So who else is doing a 31 day movie marathon other than me?
This will be my 9th year doing a 31 Nights marathon. I still have to catch up on a few Sci-Fi September movies before I can start this so I'm already behind the 8 ball.

I had to check just to make sure, but apparently this is my 10th year doing the marathon.

Reactions: NDX
There's just something very comforting about marathoning a ****load of Horror and Halloween based movies throughout the month of October. This is usually a midway point for the five marathons I do at the end of the year (although I had to skip on August this year for sanity's sake) and it's usually the one that I have the most fun with. Followed by November.

There's just something very comforting about marathoning a ****load of Horror and Halloween based movies throughout the month of October. This is usually a midway point for the five marathons I do at the end of the year (although I had to skip on August this year for sanity's sake) and it's usually the one that I have the most fun with. Followed by November.

What are your five marathons?

What are your five marathons?
Animated August
Sci-Fi-September
31 Nights of Halloween
Arnold SchwarzeNovember
DVDecember

The first 3 are obvious. November is for action flicks. December was limited to those of us that hoard movies on disc and cassette, a reason to finally burn through those piles we've accumulated over the year (or boxes in my case). But since a friend of mine doesn't collect or hoard like we do we also make it about watching movies we've never seen before as well. Makes for a nice balance. Some of also try to squeeze in 13 Days of Creepmas at the start of the year, part of a blog thing the forum's moderator signed us up for.

1. Sleepy Hollow
2. Evil Dead 2
3. Army of Darkness
4. Trick r Treat
5. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)

1. Sleepy Hollow
2. Evil Dead 2
3. Army of Darkness
4. Trick r Treat
5. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
6. Body Bags
7. When A Stranger Calls (1979)
8. Vampires
9. Black Christmas (1974)
10. The Blob (1988)
11. The Fog
12. Peeping Tom

I saw The Deep House. A haunted house movie underwater starring Mick Jagger's son and Harry Styles ex-girlfriend as a couple of annoying youtube content creators exploring a sunken house in a French lake.

The plot is pretty generic but it does have some spooky atmosphere. The set design and cinematography is good. Making a haunted house film underwater must of been a pain in the ass to film. The oxygen supply issue is an obvious ticking time bomb trope they use in the movie. Jagger Jr's character is deliberately annoying vlogger.

Overall I give the film a 7 out 10 rating.

I'm curious to know, how do you select what to watch on the 31-day October marathon? Is it all stuff you haven't seen with a few favorites here and there? Do you have an order already set?

I'm curious to know, how do you select what to watch on the 31-day October marathon? Is it all stuff you haven't seen with a few favorites here and there? Do you have an order already set?
I usually have a list of movies I haven’t seen before. Maybe I’ll mix in a few favorites.

***10,000 posts!***

Going on two years now, I just sort of go with the flow. Empty out my watchlist of any horrors I've added over the past year. Add any new ones that catch my eye. And I have a few I watch every year, especially with friends, like 'Sleepy Hollow' and 'trick r' treat.'

I try to balance it with films that I haven't seen from my watch pile films I own, films I have watched multiple times and films I just haven't seen in general. It's really just how I feel at the moment and what I want to sit through. Although this year I might not be participating as my friend, who runs the horror forum that I'm on that started me doing this yearly marathon, passed away last week and I don't know if I have the strength to do it. We're smack dab in the middle of the sci-fi marathon we do every September and I haven't watched the movie since I found out.

For me, it used to be just a random selection of horror movies but recently, I've got an order set up.

First Week: New releases (horror films that have been released this year)
Second Week: Universal Monster Series (I've been going through each universal monster's filmography)
Third Week: Horror Series/Classics I've Never Seen (Either check out another series or watch old horror flicks I've never seen)
Fourth Week: Favorites (My favorite horror films that I watch every year)

Of course, my list is always fluid and stuff can be moved around depending on what's coming out, but usually that's what I keep in mind when I'm doing a 31 day horror marathon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"