Halloween Remake Thread... - Part 1

I disagree with that last bit...Judith needs to die by Michael's hands when he's a child. Having her survive and then have a kid Michael hunts down would be messy, imo.

They really do need to get rid of the brother-sister angle, though. I think Zombie made the best story-line pertaining to it but now it's time for something darker. Imo, it's much scarier to have a mental patient stalking victims at random than if it's just some guy targeting his family.

It needs to be something effective that returns to suspense and tension. Get rid of Laurie Strode and the entire brother/sister plot, update Dr. Loomis but keep his narrative, return Michael to being the Shape and I think we're good to go.

I don't think they necessarily NEED to get rid of the brother-sister story angle. I wouldn't cry if they did, but it doesn't HAVE to go either. And you don't necessarily have to get rid of Laurie Strode either. Just because the story of her being Michael's sister was shoehorned into he plot in the sequels of the original movie, and maintained in RZ's s**tty remakes, doesn't mean she HAS to be his sister in THIS remake too. If purists complain that they aren't brother & sister, just say you're going back to the ORIGINAL story where Laurie was just chosen at random.

Other than that, I agree that they need to go back to basics. Make the movie be about building suspense and tension, so that when the violence does come, it's genuinely scary. Keep Michael's motivations a mystery, keep him as The Shape. Maintain Dr Loomis's obsession with keeping Michael locked away for good. Don't make him a deuchebag who's only concerned with his book sales.

Unfortunately, I don't see the writing team assembled being capable of pulling that off.

I think trying to repeat Michael Myers over and over again is hurting the franchise, i actualy liked what te 3rd film was trying to do with making this a series of Anthology films, they knew repeating Myers would get old quick. I think Halloween can get away with that more easily than Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street.

I think they should plan 3 films to release yearly during Halloween, the first 2 would be original stories, while the 3rd one could be a new adaptation of the Michael Myers story. I think if advertised well as an Halloween event, the franchise could be resurrected as an Anthology.

I think trying to repeat Michael Myers over and over again is hurting the franchise, i actualy liked what te 3rd film was trying to do with making this a series of Anthology films, they knew repeating Myers would get old quick. I think Halloween can get away with that more easily than Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street.

I think they should plan 3 films to release yearly during Halloween, the first 2 would be original stories, while the 3rd one could be a new adaptation of the Michael Myers story. I think if advertised well as an Halloween event, the franchise could be resurrected as an Anthology.
Interesting idea. Problem is when people see the title "Halloween" they expect to see a story about Dr Loomis hunting Michael Myers while Michael is out stalking and killing babysitters.

Your idea would work better as a new horror anthology movie series, like "Trick 'r Treat".

With how the franchise is right now, i think you could get away with it, as long as the films were good and well advertised. Most teens nowadays don't seem to know who Michael Myers is either, so when they see the title Halloween they don't realy know what to expect, just a horror movie, probably even something with supernatural elements.

Anyway, there's always a market for horror movies, all you need to do is make sure that teens know these films exist, and they will go see them. There's also a missing void for another annual horror film series, i mean, Saw is over for years, Paranormal Activity is in a weird place and is now getting more confusing to follow with a spin-off and a 5th film that has been taking a long time, while Conjuring/ Annabelle films aren't going to keep being annual things since there's nothing planned for 2015.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"