The Horror Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I look at The Fly like I look at Scarface (the Al Pacino version is a remake BTW). It's a property that CAN be updated with the times, keeping the same basic premise but tackling new ideas and themes as time goes along.

The Jeff Goldblum version is a remake of the Vincent Price film from 1958.
So, in theory, some remakes can be as good or better.

Last edited:
I think another great remake is Invasion of the Body Snatchers. The Thing. Remakes can be good or they can even surpass originals. But it's extreme rarity.

Honestly I look at The Fly like I look at Scarface (the Al Pacino version is a remake BTW). It's a property that CAN be updated with the times, keeping the same basic premise but tackling new ideas and themes as time goes along.

The problem isn't making a remake itself, the problem is when you get situations like A Nightmare on Elm Street where you assemble all of the wrong people to do it. I definitely agree that The Fly can be updated for a modern audience. Wishing all the best for this one.

5e14ee01bfe23e38336f430d361bc100.jpg

Wasnt that done already? This would make it number 3.

tumblr_ogdkb6lc6w1qf2y2ko1_500.jpg

I think another great remake is Invasion of the Body Snatchers. The Thing. Remakes can be good or they can even surpass originals. But it's extreme rarity.
Agreed. Granted I don't think Hollywood has a good track record these days with remakes but good ones ARE possible.

Just sat down to watch 'The Visit', having bought blind buy for £3 having heard good things, a return to form for M Night etc. and I've lasted 10 minutes (or less), slight conceit as a set up, *uck me the male child is a pain the arse, the daughter is way too 'bright as a button', the mum's back story to contrive why they visit the grand parents :facepalm:, it just seems bollocks. Can anyone that has seen it, tell me if it improves or am I being unfair on it.

Figured i should post this here too:
[YT]5SB6miMDzgc[/YT]

Interesting that its R but no blood, gore or nudity.

What's good and gory on Netflix right now? I'm looking for some recommendations.

I saw The Bye Bye Man... it's so god awful.

Watched The Wailing again last night. So ****ing good.

Figured i should post this here too:
[YT]5SB6miMDzgc[/YT]

Interesting that its R but no blood, gore or nudity.

Both Conjuring movies were R rated with no blood, gore, or nudity.

It certainly looks better than the first one (which was so awful) and I like the director they got for this so we'll see...

They could pull another Ouija.

The Jeff Goldblum version is a remake of the Vincent Price film from 1958.
So, in theory, some remakes can be as good or better.

People forget that the 80's were loaded with remakes from the 50's. Films like "The Blob" were redone. Everything gets a fresh modern take on it in every era.

The Eyes of my Mother is the most recent horror film I've seen. Definitely recommend it.

People forget that the 80's were loaded with remakes from the 50's. Films like "The Blob" were redone. Everything gets a fresh modern take on it in every era.

The 80s version of the Blob is my favourite.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"