The Horror Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the subject of Halloween II I looked all over for this and finally found it tonight the brand new Scream Factory Halloween II blu-ray, I'm pretty psyched and going to rock this baby out tonight!

I do think they should have stopped at H20 or done almost anything besides what Resurrection did. Jamie Lee Curtis apparently only did it on the condition she and her character would not come back again for anymore movies. Of course they subverted it by rebooting it.

I wouldn't mind seeing another new take that ignores the Zombie franchise. If it had call backs to the original then that would be fine too but I'd rather pretend it was a trilogy with Halloween, II and H20 instead.

On the subject of Halloween II I looked all over for this and finally found it tonight the brand new Scream Factory Halloween II blu-ray, I'm pretty psyched and going to rock this baby out tonight!

I just love Shout Factory/Scream Factory for pumping out all of these fan favorites blurays that doesn't get a lot of attention. I just got done watching Halloween III and the new 30 min documentary that came with it. Awesome stuff. :up:

The House, anybody?

This House?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091223/

I saw that one a couple years ago I believe, good stuff.

I liked House, the movie from the 80's but I haven't see this newer movie.

Yep, that's the one Kane. Great creature effects. I don't remember if it was part 2 or 3 that had a pterodactyl, but it was pretty funny.

I think it was the second one that did. I should put them on my to watch list.

Yep, that's the one Kane. Great creature effects. I don't remember if it was part 2 or 3 that had a pterodactyl, but it was pretty funny.

second one. it was western-themed (zombie gunslinger is the main villain).

House is such a fun entertaining zany 80's haunted house flick, I'm pretty sure Mr. Friday the 13th himself Sean Cunningham produced it.

tonight i watched SLUGS....and it was f***ing AWESOME!

House is such a fun entertaining zany 80's haunted house flick, I'm pretty sure Mr. Friday the 13th himself Sean Cunningham produced it.

House 2: The Second Story is pretty much the best title ever conceived.

I'm watching Resurrection right now. Jesus is it bad.

I mean, H20 ended so beautifully and poetically, and that could've been the PERFECT ending to that series before Zombie took over.

Really, we can just pretend like Resurrection doesn't exist. But in MY opinion, the greatest Horror trilogy of all-time is as follows:

Halloween (1978)
Halloween II (1981)
Halloween: H20 (1998)

^ A perfect trilogy/story arc.

I think the franchise still has life in it, and I think it will still exist long after Zombie's movies. Not the same continuity/universe, obviously, but I think it will be rebooted again. And again. And again. Just like James Bond or Batman. I kind of hope that we get a true remake of the original, and not that crap from 2007.

Couldn't agree more.

Incidentally, I'm going to be capping off my Friday The 13th movie marathon tonight with Jason X & Freddy vs Jason.

Tomorrow night it'll be Wrestlemaniac. Then maybe a couple others from my collection. Although to be honest, the only movies from my horror collection that I haven't watched yet (this month) are Halloween, Halloween II, and Halloween H20. But I'm saving them for Thursday night. I might watch my Christmas themed horror movies (Black Christmas: 1974, the crappy remake: Black Xmas, and then Bill Goldberg in Santa's Slay) on Friday November 1st. But for the most part i'm pretty much horrored out.

I just love Shout Factory/Scream Factory for pumping out all of these fan favorites blurays that doesn't get a lot of attention. I just got done watching Halloween III and the new 30 min documentary that came with it. Awesome stuff. :up:
Terror in the Aisles? I just found a great blu-ray rip of it and I'm watching it now, it's pretty rad just tons of clips from different horror films with Donald Pleasance narrating it.

No not that, it's just a documentary about the making of Halloween III but I wanted to watch that documentary for a while now.

I have to say the Scream Factory: Making of Halloween II was fantastic, they got interviews from pretty much the whole cast and crew (aside from John Carpenter and the obvious Debra Hill) about the ins and outs of making the film. None of these people have really appeared in any documentary before about the Halloween franchise including the 25 Years of Terror documentary so it was very well done and a real treat.

I may just pick up their Halloween III blu-ray just for the extras.

Yeah, they've done a pretty good job. With III, they got Tom Atkins, Tommy Lee Wallace, Stacy Nelkin, Dean Cundey, and a few others. They did a fair job on talking about the backlash and what ideas that went in with the making of it. The other thing they added was the Horror's Hallowed Grounds and you get Sean Clark and Tommy Lee Wallace visiting all the shooting locations for the film. (not to mention the two commentaries that comes with it.)

Yeah thats the same thing they did for Halloween II, the Horror's Hollowed Grounds with the dude from Horror Hound going around and showing us all of the shooting locations, Shout Factory seems pretty dedicated to giving the fans what extras they want to see.

All this talk about House, I thought everyone was talking about the 1977 japanese horror movie.

I haven't seen the original, but the Maniac remake was pretty darn good. :up:

Also, gotta get my paws on that soundtrack.

Maniac remake was very good but the tone is very different from the original, both very creepy and somewhat uncomfortable but the original is still a touch ahead in the bad vibes department, I love them both.

All this talk about House, I thought everyone was talking about the 1977 japanese horror movie.
The name is so generic that it can be a number of movies, many of them are horror-related strangely enough.

House listings on IMDB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back