The Horror Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
St. Louis's Late Nite Grindhouse at the Hi Pointe Theater is playing a midnight show of the Maniac remake with Elijah Wood on July 5th and 6th. I'm pretty excited.

Last month was Re-Animator. There were many in the crowd who had never seen it. Good times were had.
That's awesome. I'm going to see Maniac some time this weekend. Its supposed to be great.

I'm a huge old school Hammer fan. From Dracula and Frankenstein to Woman in Black I love everything they do. They find a way to take a character and do something outside the box with it. They still have the best Mummy to date.

Cant wait for Frankensteins Army!!!!

I preordered the BD special editions of Pyscho II (one of my favorite horror films) and Virgin Among the Living Dead (I have been meaning to go on a Franco binge for some time.)

Wouldn't it be cool if we had all iconic actors and actresses from past horrors to star in one big movie, like the The Expendables? :)

Free idea, Hollywood!

I've always wanted to see a Friday The 13th: Survivors movie, with the survivors of Parts 2, 3, 4, and 5 joining forces to take on Jason.

This one is guaranteed to be quite epic indeed...

1044171_10200415568324324_1387397658_n.jpg

I think the rack is the selling point.

The cover promises something it probably can't deliver. Which is not much besides an almost clever pun and TNA. If it can deliver laughs at least it might be worth it though.

I'm sick of the humor-horror stuff. It's usually made by people who don't have the imagination to conceive a serious horror movie, so they just try to parody horror, except they're also not funny.

I didn't mean comedy horror, I meant so bad it's funny horror complete with bad special effects, campy dialogue, bad acting, the works. Should've been more clear on that. Though judging by the cover it will most definitely lean in that direction and the comedy horror sub genre as well. Like a rip off of Leprechaun only cheaper.

I am very excited for The Conjuring. The first trailer for that almost works as a short film in and of itself.

Made a thread and it seems to be sinking like a rock so I just wanted to give a heads up on Maniac.

Get out and see it. Brutal gore, creepy as hell and great acting. I loved it and it was one of the best horror movies that I've seen in the theaters.... ever. (older poster)

I advise you do so as soon as you can assemble a group of friends to watch it with. Re-Animator is bonkers.

I just watched it a while ago. It was really nice, 80s horror at its best.

Anyone want to take a stab at what the Top 10 Horror movies of the 2000's are?

I'm sticking to mostly American films (for now):

1. The Ring
2. 28 Days Later
3. Sinister
4. Insidious
5. The Strangers
6. Paranormal Activity
7. Frozen
8. The Descent
9. Quarantine
10. High Tension

And I have to give an honorable mention to The Ruins. That movie is depressingly underrated, in my opinion. The intensity and sheer dread of some of those scenes were unnerving.

I'll give another honorable mention to Session 9.

The Ring or 28 Days later definitely both have a pretty solid claim for that title. Trick R Treat is without a doubt in the mix as well.

Final Destination 1 and 2 are pretty fantastic and I've watched both countless times. FD2 has probably the best car wreck scene of any movie.

I am a big fan of Jeepers Creepers. The sequel was also very enjoyable.

I don't know if I'd ever call them great movies but I have soft spot for House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects. Corpses especially just gets under my skin and freaks me out.

Though I hate the rest of the series and the trend that it began, I will always go to bat for the first Saw. It is a tight, well crafted movie.

13 Ghosts is just kind of ridiculous enough to be memorable.

The first Silent Hill film is surprisingly good.

Last edited:
  1. 28 Days Later
  2. Maniac remake
  3. The Ring
  4. REC
  5. Martyrs
  6. A Serbian Film - If that's not a horror movie I don't know what is
  7. The Devils Rejects
  8. Inside
  9. The Hills Have Eyes
  10. House of 1000 Corpses

Well by 2000's are we including the past few years as well or only the previous decade, because if we are counting more recent films

CABIN IN THE WOODS

I'd throw The Mist in there.

Along with arguably Alien and The Thing, it's basically the closest we've yet gotten to seeing Lovecraft on screen...

I'd throw The Mist in there.

Along with arguably Alien and The Thing, it's basically the closest we've yet gotten to seeing Lovecraft on screen...

In the Mouth of Madness takes that title.

In the Mouth of Madness takes that title.

Nah, In the Mouth of Madness really, REALLY wants that title. It can't have it though, on account of it not being terribly good. There, I said it. :o

Last edited:
Oh damn it, I forgot The Mist!! :cmad:
That's one of my favorite movies ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"